Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Overplayed Classic Rock Songs

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Mega Hertz

Re: Overplayed Classic Rock Songs

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue May 14, 2019 2:50 pm

Didn't LLZ spin Waitin' For the Bus/Jesus Just Left Chicago one of these Saturdays?

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:33 pm

When was the last time anyone heard "Arrested For Driving While Blind," which my late buddy Robbie Borrink's band Amitrof ALWAYS covered during their gigs (Robbie was a guitarist par excellence),but I haven't heard in close to 30 years ? Seems Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) prevailed upon PDs to stop playing songs which celebrated drunk and/or stoned driving circa 1985,which is why the Bruiser Band's "96 Beers," "Catch a Good High" and "What I Like About Brew," all excellent parodies which were played on WRIF at six p.m. Friday to start the weekend ,disappeared from the airwaves about that time .

Musicrewired

Post by Musicrewired » Wed May 15, 2019 2:15 am

I forget who's playing what, but some of the earlier Top does sneak out on occasion. Sirius/XM has them show up on the Classic Vinyl and Classic Rewind channels, and on Deep Tracks occasionally.

I recall when Eliminator came out that our college station didn't jump on the hits, but gravitated to deeper tracks regularly. We ran "I Got The Six" and "Bad Girl" as playlist songs.

I noticed that buying the "Tejas" CD a couple of years ago got me the remixed tracks instead of the original album. (I grabbed the original audio mix from Spotify, of all places.) Most of their other early albums had been corrected, but not that one. It's like Styx or REO Speedwagon (and the Bee Gees, but they aren't rock and part of this topic), who won't reissue their albums remastered and updated, while Journey has done it several times. Don't know exactly why, but must not be enough money in it for them to bother.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic