Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tiger's on Free TV OTA

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
windsor

Tiger's on Free TV OTA

Post by windsor » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:41 pm

Can we call on the Tiger's org. and Fox Sports to allow a Tiger's game of the week on Fox2.As they are on opening day.....

With the Tiger's in a rebuild and alot of new players on board it would be a nice gesture to the fan base and folks who cant afford cable to be able to cheer them on off air.At least once a week on the tube or even once a month.....

Go Tigers!!!!

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

fuzzpower

Re: Tiger's on Free TV OTA

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:55 pm

For the last few years, the only Tigers game OTA has been Opening Day. Even the game of the weeks have been other teams- and many of those are now on the little viewed FS1.

Would be nice if they allowed a local broadcaster to buy a handful of games, like channel 20 did about a decade ago.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:33 pm

It's a crying shame that MLB games are pretty much on pay TV.

szmigiel

Post by szmigiel » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:08 pm

It will be interesting to see what happens in 2021 when the next TV contract is up. Just to see what state cable TV is in.

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:28 pm

If cable TV blows today,imagine how bad it'll be in 2021 .

windsor

Post by windsor » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:08 pm

There is still some majpr league teams that show occasional games on local tv ....example WKYC ch3 shows Indians games on sunday aft.

Even if the Tigers didnt want to show a home game on free tv at least show an away game that way on a Sunday to offset Fox tv's game of the week on Sat.

A subchannel would even suffice lets say Buzzr or H&I.

I always beleive the more people that see your product on the field or advertisers for tv revenue the better.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

JGP1954

Post by JGP1954 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:26 pm

I work the afternoon shift. We can only watch free OTA tv at work. We don't have access to cable at work. We would watch the Tigers on a station like 50, 20, or one of the sub-channels. It's a no-brainer. There are thousands of viewers like us in this 3-shift area. Plus, all those life-long Tigers fans that don't or cannot subscribe to cable.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:00 am

Makes me yearn for the days when stations like channel 50 had half the schedule or so. Sure, you had to pay the $9.95 or so per month for PASS, but even if you didn't have cable, you could still catch select Tigers, Wings and Pistons games on local TV. I remember watching Tigers games on Saturday afternoons with my dad on Channel 4. George Kell and Al Kaline. Not like I have much time to sit and enjoy a sporting event on TV anymore, but I'm thinking about the folks that don't want or can't afford cable and are shut out.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

format this

Post by format this » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:26 am

fuzzpower wrote:Even the game of the weeks have been other teams- and many of those are now on the little viewed FS1.
I wouldn’t call FS1 “little viewed,” as I see that channel on in many sports bars and restaurants...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic