Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 2 at 7:30a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WOMC Instant Request Lunch

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
stopnswop2
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

WOMC Instant Request Lunch

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:37 pm

I think it would do good for JJ to bring back the instant request lunch on WOMC.

WNIC is still doing their iHeart80s Lunch Request Hour and guess who's winning in the ratings?

This would be a great way to compete for the noon crowd.
It would be a silly choice to not bring it back.


Now JJ said the reason he officially stopped it the 2nd and final time last year was due to an overwhelming number of requests for songs that don't fit the format.

How about making a theme for it, to help restrict the number of strange callers.

Or how about different themes per week or even day?
Mix it up and have done fun with it.

WNIC's hour is restricted to the 80s so there is not much wiggle room, but WOMC has a much larger variety and the possibilities for these themes would be endless, and this would crush NIC for the lunch time audience that wants to have some fun!


Music is my life.

amehloldiesfan
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:32 am
Location: metro Detroit

Re: WOMC Instant Request Lunch

Post by amehloldiesfan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:32 pm

WOMC quit having a true request lunch hour back around 2003 or 2004 when all requests had to be from their current play list. Tom Force was the mid-day person then, and had an amazing library of music to play but couldn't use it if it wasn't on the list. For this listener, that was the day the music died.



stopnswop2
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: WOMC Instant Request Lunch

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:34 am

I guess you were not listening for the past 9 then.

That certainly was not the case when JJ started doing it when we took over midday.
He would play anything (within reason), up until late 2017.
That is when Tim put restrictions on it and he could only play what was in the current playlist, so JJ basically was like screw it.
I am completely on his side for ending it at that time. It's silly to think anyone would possibly attempt to request one of the same 500 songs they play day after day, year after year.

He tried bringing it back in early 2018.
The same thing happened though and he was flooded with calls from people requesting everything except what was in the playlist, so that was it's permanent death.


Maybe things can be different now.
With the ratings a disaster, how can bringing it back WITHOUT restrictions possibly hurt?
They need to do something!
I honestly think this is the key to knocking down WNIC for the midday audience.

I don't feel.anything needs to change during the afternoon though.
Beau Daniels makes it fun and is interactive with the audience.
Anyone that would listen to voicetracked Dave Kent over fun and exciting Beau is crazy!
(Of course that it just my opinion. I obviously can't physically see the ratings for him).

Now for evenings....
Steve Kostan is BLEH.
I never liked him.
Getting rid of Dave was a horrible decision.
He is way too talented to be on a country station with 30 listeners! (Again, just my opinion)

Does anyone know if it was Boogie Brian's decision to only want to do weekends ? I never thought to ask him that.
If not, he would be perfect for weekday evenings.


Music is my life.

borderboy653659200
Posts: 951
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: WOMC Instant Request Lunch

Post by borderboy653659200 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:10 am

BOOGIE BRIAN?????BOOGIE BRIAN???Oh boy,didn't know ol' Boogie was still alive ,let alone broadcasting !!! Yeah,boy,as Flavour Flav, who'll be 60 Saturday ,would say .



Deleted User 8570

Re: WOMC Instant Request Lunch

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:08 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:34 am
I guess you were not listening for the past 9 then.

That certainly was not the case when JJ started doing it when we took over midday.
He would play anything (within reason), up until late 2017.
That is when Tim put restrictions on it and he could only play what was in the current playlist, so JJ basically was like screw it.
I am completely on his side for ending it at that time. It's silly to think anyone would possibly attempt to request one of the same 500 songs they play day after day, year after year.

He tried bringing it back in early 2018.
The same thing happened though and he was flooded with calls from people requesting everything except what was in the playlist, so that was it's permanent death.


Maybe things can be different now.
With the ratings a disaster, how can bringing it back WITHOUT restrictions possibly hurt?
They need to do something!
I honestly think this is the key to knocking down WNIC for the midday audience.

I don't feel.anything needs to change during the afternoon though.
Beau Daniels makes it fun and is interactive with the audience.
Anyone that would listen to voicetracked Dave Kent over fun and exciting Beau is crazy!
(Of course that it just my opinion. I obviously can't physically see the ratings for him).

Now for evenings....
Steve Kostan is BLEH.
I never liked him.
Getting rid of Dave was a horrible decision.
He is way too talented to be on a country station with 30 listeners! (Again, just my opinion)

Does anyone know if it was Boogie Brian's decision to only want to do weekends ? I never thought to ask him that.
If not, he would be perfect for weekday evenings.
Dave Fuller lost me when he came back on the air and said “thanks for all the sympathy”... in a somber voice and then immediately yelled “who cares?” And immediately started playing music. What a prick.

As for ratings. We were here in 2015 or 16 I wanna say. WOMC was back on top by July. Then as now the Christmas flip to WNIC hurt them. Patience grasshopper, they’ll be back without having to burn down the station first...



stopnswop2
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: WOMC Instant Request Lunch

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:42 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:08 pm
stopnswop2 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:34 am
I guess you were not listening for the past 9 then.

That certainly was not the case when JJ started doing it when we took over midday.
He would play anything (within reason), up until late 2017.
That is when Tim put restrictions on it and he could only play what was in the current playlist, so JJ basically was like screw it.
I am completely on his side for ending it at that time. It's silly to think anyone would possibly attempt to request one of the same 500 songs they play day after day, year after year.

He tried bringing it back in early 2018.
The same thing happened though and he was flooded with calls from people requesting everything except what was in the playlist, so that was it's permanent death.


Maybe things can be different now.
With the ratings a disaster, how can bringing it back WITHOUT restrictions possibly hurt?
They need to do something!
I honestly think this is the key to knocking down WNIC for the midday audience.

I don't feel.anything needs to change during the afternoon though.
Beau Daniels makes it fun and is interactive with the audience.
Anyone that would listen to voicetracked Dave Kent over fun and exciting Beau is crazy!
(Of course that it just my opinion. I obviously can't physically see the ratings for him).

Now for evenings....
Steve Kostan is BLEH.
I never liked him.
Getting rid of Dave was a horrible decision.
He is way too talented to be on a country station with 30 listeners! (Again, just my opinion)

Does anyone know if it was Boogie Brian's decision to only want to do weekends ? I never thought to ask him that.
If not, he would be perfect for weekday evenings.
Dave Fuller lost me when he came back on the air and said “thanks for all the sympathy”... in a somber voice and then immediately yelled “who cares?” And immediately started playing music. What a prick.
He was trying to act tough and macho about it.
He was truly hurting though.


Music is my life.

Deleted User 14935

Re: WOMC Instant Request Lunch

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:43 pm

What happened Sam?



stopnswop2
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: WOMC Instant Request Lunch

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:59 pm

Dave Fuller was fired from OMC a fee years who


Music is my life.

Deleted User 14935

Re: WOMC Instant Request Lunch

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:22 pm

Hey how’s it going? And got it.



Deleted User 8570

Re: WOMC Instant Request Lunch

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:17 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:42 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:08 pm
stopnswop2 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:34 am
I guess you were not listening for the past 9 then.

That certainly was not the case when JJ started doing it when we took over midday.
He would play anything (within reason), up until late 2017.
That is when Tim put restrictions on it and he could only play what was in the current playlist, so JJ basically was like screw it.
I am completely on his side for ending it at that time. It's silly to think anyone would possibly attempt to request one of the same 500 songs they play day after day, year after year.

He tried bringing it back in early 2018.
The same thing happened though and he was flooded with calls from people requesting everything except what was in the playlist, so that was it's permanent death.


Maybe things can be different now.
With the ratings a disaster, how can bringing it back WITHOUT restrictions possibly hurt?
They need to do something!
I honestly think this is the key to knocking down WNIC for the midday audience.

I don't feel.anything needs to change during the afternoon though.
Beau Daniels makes it fun and is interactive with the audience.
Anyone that would listen to voicetracked Dave Kent over fun and exciting Beau is crazy!
(Of course that it just my opinion. I obviously can't physically see the ratings for him).

Now for evenings....
Steve Kostan is BLEH.
I never liked him.
Getting rid of Dave was a horrible decision.
He is way too talented to be on a country station with 30 listeners! (Again, just my opinion)

Does anyone know if it was Boogie Brian's decision to only want to do weekends ? I never thought to ask him that.
If not, he would be perfect for weekday evenings.
Dave Fuller lost me when he came back on the air and said “thanks for all the sympathy”... in a somber voice and then immediately yelled “who cares?” And immediately started playing music. What a prick.
He was trying to act tough and macho about it.
He was truly hurting though.
I’m not referring to his firing... it’s whatever illness put him off the air for a while.... you don’t come back and do that right off the bat... you just can’t make that funny....



stopnswop2
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: WOMC Instant Request Lunch

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:51 pm

OHH that.
I completely forgot about that.

He had surgery but I forget on what


Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic