Acceptable registrations in the queue through January 10 at 7:30a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fresh Air on Fox2

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Mike Oxlong
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:56 am
Location: Nankin Township

Fresh Air on Fox2

Post by Mike Oxlong » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:06 am

So Lue and Ermanni are not on this morning.
Landon and Murdoch on deck today. Maybe it's just me. I'd rather watch Murdoch than Lue. I'd rather watch Landon than Ermanni or Thomas. (I used to like Ermanni. But he's becoming "I'm all that" too much for me lately).

I've said it before. Do these stations make any effort ascertaining who folks like to watch, and who folks don't care for?
I'm just saying. Do they do surveys? Do they make telephone interviews?

How do they determine who is in the studio, and who is in the street? It just seems to me Langton would serve a much more useful function out interviewing people? Ya gotta admit, it is his forte. It is something he is good at.

Maybe it's just me. And I know the Buzzboard represents a minuscule of the viewers. But like I've said before here on Buzzboard, if EVERY single person on this blog don't care for a certain individual, I think it's a fair bet a good percentage of the viewers also feel the same.

And other thing I'd like to know about Fox2 in the morning. And those of you on the inside may know.
Is the guy that used to stand off to the side still "directing" things? I think his name was Art but I could be wrong.
He has a great sports memorabilia collection. He brought it in one day, I enjoyed it. Is he still around?
It's very possible I don't see him anymore because of Corona Bologna separation. But those in front of the camera used to talk back and forth with him all the time before the virus. I haven't heard them say his name for quite the while.
They seem to talk to a "Connie" now thru their little earbuds.


Just before I die, I'm going to swallow a bag of popcorn kernels.
My cremation is going to be Epic !

Deleted User 3751

Re: Fresh Air on Fox2

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:26 am

These stations have consultants, consultants then conduct focus groups. They get a number of people together and play videos of the various on air talent. From that point the stations then make a decision on who they want on the air according to how they test with the focus groups. That is the easiest way to explain it. Sometimes I don't get it either how some of these talentless individuals stay on the air, and that is one reason I don't watch local NEWS anymore, I haven't for years.



Mike Oxlong
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:56 am
Location: Nankin Township

Re: Fresh Air on Fox2

Post by Mike Oxlong » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:24 pm

Big Signal wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:26 am
These stations have consultants, consultants then conduct focus groups. They get a number of people together and play videos of the various on air talent. From that point the stations then make a decision on who they want on the air according to how they test with the focus groups. That is the easiest way to explain it. Sometimes I don't get it either how some of these talentless individuals stay on the air, and that is one reason I don't watch local NEWS anymore, I haven't for years.
So let's be honest. Do you truly feel they are actually going thru all that with the folks already in front of the camera? Or is all the research you talk about for potential hires? I'm with you. I watch some of the folks, and think, people like this person?

One in particular, I'm not going to be an a-hole and call him out. But this dude is flat out scary looking to me.
I'm talking Gene Wilder screaming "It's Alive" scary. I'm talking I would cross the street if he was coming towards me scary.
I find it hard to believe the results of a focus group would be favorable towards him.

I'm kind of locked in to Fox2 in the morning. My wife gets up, flips it on, and don't change channels until Wendy gets off.
Once she catches the weather. she still has the sound on, but isn't watching it or paying attention unless the "cattle call" jingle goes out for a cooking segment or the weather or something like that.


Just before I die, I'm going to swallow a bag of popcorn kernels.
My cremation is going to be Epic !

Rate This
Posts: 7370
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Fresh Air on Fox2

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:56 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:24 pm
Big Signal wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:26 am
These stations have consultants, consultants then conduct focus groups. They get a number of people together and play videos of the various on air talent. From that point the stations then make a decision on who they want on the air according to how they test with the focus groups. That is the easiest way to explain it. Sometimes I don't get it either how some of these talentless individuals stay on the air, and that is one reason I don't watch local NEWS anymore, I haven't for years.
So let's be honest. Do you truly feel they are actually going thru all that with the folks already in front of the camera? Or is all the research you talk about for potential hires? I'm with you. I watch some of the folks, and think, people like this person?

One in particular, I'm not going to be an a-hole and call him out. But this dude is flat out scary looking to me.
I'm talking Gene Wilder screaming "It's Alive" scary. I'm talking I would cross the street if he was coming towards me scary.
I find it hard to believe the results of a focus group would be favorable towards him.

I'm kind of locked in to Fox2 in the morning. My wife gets up, flips it on, and don't change channels until Wendy gets off.
Once she catches the weather. she still has the sound on, but isn't watching it or paying attention unless the "cattle call" jingle goes out for a cooking segment or the weather or something like that.
It’s done on an ongoing basis. Viewer tastes can change.... you don’t want to be caught flat footed.



JLesinski
Posts: 303
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 11:43 pm

Re: Fresh Air on Fox2

Post by JLesinski » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:26 pm

I wouldnt mind seeing a bit more of Erika Erickson.



Editorcj
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: Fresh Air on Fox2

Post by Editorcj » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:24 pm

Any market research on talent can only effect future contract negotiations. None of the stations in this market will payoff a contract if an anchor or reporter under contract doesn't test well.



Deleted User 3751

Re: Fresh Air on Fox2

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:47 am

Any market research on talent can only effect future contract negotiations. None of the stations in this market will payoff a contract if an anchor or reporter under contract doesn't test well.
True, they wait until their contract is up and then show them the door.



Editorcj
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: Fresh Air on Fox2

Post by Editorcj » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:15 pm

“Connie”is the 9am producer.



Mike Oxlong
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:56 am
Location: Nankin Township

Re: Fresh Air on Fox2

Post by Mike Oxlong » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:33 pm

Editorcj wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:15 pm
“Connie”is the 9am producer.
I'm thinking you may know the guy I'm talking about. Did he retire?


Just before I die, I'm going to swallow a bag of popcorn kernels.
My cremation is going to be Epic !

Editorcj
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: Fresh Air on Fox2

Post by Editorcj » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:12 pm

Don't know him personally, don't think he retired but he can't be in the studio either.



km1125
Posts: 1478
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: Fresh Air on Fox2

Post by km1125 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:56 pm

I think the guy you're referring to is AL. I remember him popping his head onscreen every now and then or when the on-screen folks coax him into joining them.

Rather than just discard folks, why not coach them and improve their on-air attraction?



static1701
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:26 pm

Re: Fresh Air on Fox2

Post by static1701 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:38 pm

They need to fire most of them.. I end up having to change the channel so many times...



Tman
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:01 am

Re: Fresh Air on Fox2

Post by Tman » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:01 am

I enjoy Thursdays and Fridays when it's Deena , Lee and Ryan. The 3 of them seem to gel well and there's more humor involved .



JLesinski
Posts: 303
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 11:43 pm

Re: Fresh Air on Fox2

Post by JLesinski » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:29 am

Tman wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:01 am
I enjoy Thursdays and Fridays when it's Deena , Lee and Ryan. The 3 of them seem to gel well and there's more humor involved .
Deena is the straw that stirs the drink.



MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 2403
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Worn, MI

Re: Fresh Air on Fox2

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:55 am

Deena only cares about Deena.


"I think that those who would try to make you feel less than who you are, I think that's the greatest evil."- Fred Rogers
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."-Winston Churchill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic