Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 14896

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:02 am

Steve Korvette wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:41 pm
MrTaterSalad wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:35 pm
It should have been W4 Country instead of Wheelz, but whatever.
Country is over done in Detroit, Look how many Country stations in the Metro Detroit Area, WYCD 99.5, CJWF 95.9, WDRQ 93.1, WWWW 102.9, WSAQ 107.1 and CFCO 630/92.9 did I miss any?
And in my humble opinion, 95.9 is the best of the bunch. Although I didn't know "CFCO in Chatham" was playing country.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:11 am

You’re are right, 95.9 is on my presets in the car, I do like them, CFCO is similar but they’re AM 630.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:14 am

I have to agree with what Megahertz said in the post about 'CSX being more in "Flap your Gums" mode lately.
As I have said in the past, I'm more of a Less Mouth, More Music type of person.
So I'm hoping the new 106.7's great success.
And I also hope these veteran broadcasters from another time period can resist the urge to go J.J.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:26 am

Agreed, More music especially in the mornings, And that may be the case with Bill Mc Calister doing Mornings we will see, And by the way Mike, Nankin Township isn’t that where Eloise was located?

windsor

Post by windsor » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:29 am

WOW!!!!! just saw it on Fox2 this morn.

Great Job iheart!!!!

About time Detroit Rockers got something decent to listen to on the FM dial

I know all of windsor and Essex county will be in on this one...............Hey Blackburn listen and learn idiots

Just dont do as 106.7 the D made the error of not going a bit deeper on your selections.................lets not rehash crazy train and walk this way for the zillionth time...................

looking forward to see where we can go with this station I need a 106.7 Detroits Wheelz sticker for my bumper right now :P

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:35 am

Steve Korvette wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:56 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:17 am
Willie: I'm gonna take the over at 7. We still have to do a "why are they playing this song??? They didn't play it in 1981!" thread, as well as a discussion on the jocks.

Ray: With all this hoopla and the jocks involved, I don't think iFart would do all this in the name of a stunt. Credit to them for not going with the played out "The Bone" "The Drive" "The Poop" "The ------" whatever. Even though the station has been gone for 24 years, apparently it still has enough brand recognition, and I think some may actually appreciate the Detroit in the branding.

Steve...Oldies....Kevin.... That all depends on the numbers. I'd bet next month's salary that WRIF and WCSX ain't going anywhere. But how fun is it to have these three going at it again?

It sounds to me that, for the most part, 106.7 has the same AOR format used in the months before going full fledged modern rock. STP, Offspring, Green Day mixed in with Tom Petty, AC/DC and Zeppelin. That was my favorite era of the station. Unfortunately, nearly a quarter century has passed, and even the first three bands are "classic rock".

I really hope the suits in San Antonio allow Doug SOME kind of leeway in the music programming. You can't fire up a station like this with a programmer like Podell and completely hogtie his hands. Dude knows what works. Work with him a little.
Mega, Just call me Steve that is my real first name, And Thanks for responding, And yes it’s cool having some Rock’n Roll competition in Detroit once again so now we have 89X, WCSX, WRIF and WLLZ for Rock Stations and can we count 93.9 yes or no?
It depends. Are they playing a Modern AC song or some too hip for the room "alternative" track?

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:38 am

Mega, Personally I would say no to 93.9, Now can we see a slight change in 89X in the near future and in what direction?

windsor

Post by windsor » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:40 am

were going to get some changes from the original WLLZ but lets not bitch we have been asking fir this on this buzzbozrd for at least 10 yrs.

I knew something was up when iheart did a Detroits Wheelz on their HD side or at least registered it or something I heard.

Iwould sure love to see Arthur P do aft drive or even some VT on a weekend shift BABY!!!!!

Done right this will be alot of fun and screw Beasley real good.

Hey Steve Black come over to Detroits Wheelz!!!!!!

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:45 am

Willie108 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:02 am
Well, how about the over/under on the number of useless threads on this topic. Will the number top The Breeze????
What's the over under on the happy asshole from Windsor derailing all the treads with pointless rambling?
I wouldn't look for any drastic reaction from CSX right away. They're on top.

Mouse58756

Post by Mouse58756 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:46 am

I was just running through my presets and stumbled on Def Leppard on 106.7 but at that time I didn’t realize I was on 106.7. It wasn’t until the song ended and I heard Bill McAllister say Detroit’s wheels that I looked down and saw the familiar WLLZ and I instantly became a nostalgic and interested.

So far I am like what I’m hearing, I’ve heard songs from the 70s through the 90s, Led Zeppelin through Pearl Jam and I’m hopeful this thing is going to work. I barely listen to WRIF anymore and WCSX is bordering on just OK. Living on the east side I tune into 95.1 from Canada but you lose that signal when you stray too far away from the water. If for nothing else it’s good to see WLLZ on my radio again.

windsor

Post by windsor » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:46 am

anyone have a link for the facebook page i cant find it..........

windsor

Post by windsor » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:47 am

armchair pd wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:45 am
Willie108 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:02 am
Well, how about the over/under on the number of useless threads on this topic. Will the number top The Breeze????
What's the over under on the happy asshole from Windsor derailing all the treads with pointless rambling?
I wouldn't look for any drastic reaction from CSX right away. They're on top.
Im ready to knock them off theyre Fucking pedestal ASSHOLE!!!!! :barf

War has officially been fucking declared......all we need is Lee Arnold to land again in a whirly bird.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:52 am

windsor wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:40 am
were going to get some changes from the original WLLZ but lets not bitch we have been asking fir this on this buzzbozrd for at least 10 yrs.

I knew something was up when iheart did a Detroits Wheelz on their HD side or at least registered it or something I heard.

Iwould sure love to see Arthur P do aft drive or even some VT on a weekend shift BABY!!!!!

Done right this will be alot of fun and screw Beasley real good.

Hey Steve Black come over to Detroits Wheelz!!!!!!
Most if not all of us retired radio people will never get out of retirement, So Art would never leave retirement for any station and neither would I. 3 months ago I was asked to do a gig and flat out said no, I’m retired to be retired. End of story.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:52 am

Steve Korvette wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:26 am
Agreed, More music especially in the mornings, And that may be the case with Bill Mc Calister doing Mornings we will see, And by the way Mike, Nankin Township isn’t that where Eloise was located?
I'm the only resident left here. This padded cell is still good. They don't build 'em like they used to.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:53 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:35 am
I don't like the logo they are using; looks nothing like any of the classic WLLZ logos. Where the hell are the famous call letters?!?!

Imaging isn't half bad but would sound better if voiced by Chris Corley (heard on WIOT and for a long time WDVD), Paul Turner (heard on WRSR) or Jon Pleise (heard on ESPN and Milwaukee's WHQG).

At least they didn't pick the super played out Rich Van Slyk. So sick of hearing him on WGRD.
Yep. The logo looks a little too slick. They should have used the original 1980-81 logo, or some variation thereof. During the "Rock & Sports" era, we used a logo with "WLLZ" in a neon sign style font. Never cared for that.

Best voice guy on Wheels was production director Kerry Maul (RIP) hands down. It's a shame Kerry is no longer with us. Great set of pipes. He died under mysterious circumstances, as I recall.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic