Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
non-anon bob

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Post by non-anon bob » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:53 am

RadioDork1 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:10 pm
Anne Carlini on WLLZ tomorrow morning at 9.
YES, she is! Good move, Casey! :8)

...and NOW, Ladies & Gentlemen...The Next Poster!
...CKLW, the Motor City...

windsor

Post by windsor » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:47 pm

wow just seen this news about anne carlini on FB, great move Wheelz, now we need Scott Randall back on air.

Thats how it was done on AOR in the old days , build your stable of jocks from the other stations, tweak your playlist and go for all out war.

Now WLLZ needs new stickers with the old logo and its complete.

Wheelz is my go to station when I flip to FM.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:07 pm

Is she only doing weekends? Either give her mornings or whatever shift Casey has...I'll be a happy guy then.

Guessing Podell had a hand in this?

take this job and shove it

windsor

Post by windsor » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:42 pm

Im thinking that Anne Carlini will replace Trudi in the midday spot and maybe we will see Drew and Trudi be reunited on a WLLZ morn show. Maybe LIVE maybe recorded. Can WLLZ make it worthwhile to Drew to put aside his podcast and give terrestrial radio one last shot????

Casey isnt the real morn guy imo, we will see more in the new year.

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:58 pm

As much as I'd like to see it, Drew coming back to terrestrial doesn't seem likely. He seems much too comfortable with the podcast.

Now if they were to run the podcast as the new morning show in the new year (like I predict they might)...then I think you might be onto something.

take this job and shove it

windsor

Post by windsor » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:12 pm

thatonedude wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:58 pm
As much as I'd like to see it, Drew coming back to terrestrial doesn't seem likely. He seems much too comfortable with the podcast.

Now if they were to run the podcast as the new morning show in the new year (like I predict they might)...then I think you might be onto something.
The weekend "best of" of the podcast could be like you said be changed to the daily podcast as the morn show but would you be able to keep the daily podcast online and replay it on 106.7 mornings???

Would it be viable and give you ratings over a more music mornings which they are doing now??? That is the question.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:52 am

Last time I remember, research showed that that audience wanted music-intensive AM drive. That may have changed, but even still, I'll take a Drew Lane podcast repeat over another spin of Livin on a Prayer. Drew doesn't do music, so if they were to do that, it would probably be a segment by segment basis. "The new generation of classic rock, WLLZ...here's Bad Company!"

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:25 am

Im thinking that Anne Carlini will replace Trudi in the midday spot and maybe we will see Drew and Trudi be reunited on a WLLZ morn show.
That would be smart - but "smart" and "iFart" usually don't go hand-in-hand.

They're too damn cheap to add salary.

windsor

Post by windsor » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:50 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:52 am
Last time I remember, research showed that that audience wanted music-intensive AM drive. That may have changed, but even still, I'll take a Drew Lane podcast repeat over another spin of Livin on a Prayer. Drew doesn't do music, so if they were to do that, it would probably be a segment by segment basis. "The new generation of classic rock, WLLZ...here's Bad Company!"
I think they fixed that sweeper prob. Mega , now they do the "The new gen of classic rock " and now play a new gen song Not Bad Co. , it took awhile to fix it though.lmao.

Heard a terrible segway a few days ago though that left me scratching my head......Master of Puppets into Money for Nothing.....WTF :barf

hmtb44

Post by hmtb44 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:46 am

Anne Carlini is on this morning. I took a quick look at the 106.7 website to see if this was permanent.

Currently not showing anyone listed for the morning slot.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:34 pm

They have absolutely tweaked toward more 70's stuff. It seems like about every other song now. Oh well. I keep giving them a shot and they keep fucking it up. Guess they'll remain a flip through station.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:43 am

"The new generation of classic rock!" Now heres The Doors from 1969! :lol

I swear the people running that dumpster fire there dont have a clue.

Realist

Post by Realist » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:03 pm

Driving thru Flint today, I tuned in around 10am. Went from Van Halen “Running with the Devil” (appropriate for a next gen classic rock station - hard rock staple), to Soundgarden “Black Hole Sun”.....to Heart’s “Barricuda”. WTF? Who programs this 💩💩💩?

Put Podell in charge of programming this station. Mix should be 85% 90’s and 2000’s like Turbo and Lithium, 15% 80’s (if even that)

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:38 pm

Realist wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:03 pm
Driving thru Flint today, I tuned in around 10am. Went from Van Halen “Running with the Devil” (appropriate for a next gen classic rock station - hard rock staple), to Soundgarden “Black Hole Sun”.....to Heart’s “Barricuda”. WTF? Who programs this 💩💩💩?

Put Podell in charge of programming this station. Mix should be 85% 90’s and 2000’s like Turbo and Lithium, 15% 80’s (if even that)
I would listen then. Screw butt rock. Until then, Metallica will do just fine on Turbo. Great hearing "Turn the Page" this morning.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

windsor

Post by windsor » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:48 pm

I like when Ive driven to Frankenmuth, I lose 106.7 Detroit's Wheelz at the Clio exit and then flip to Wheelz 104.5 Saginaw/Bay City which is a bit more pure "Classic Rock that Really Roxx" format imo.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic