Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

It’s time for Fox to expand its lineup

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 7620

It’s time for Fox to expand its lineup

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:12 pm

I find it weird for a major network to air only two hours of programming six nights a week, and only three hours on Sunday evenings. I can understand them doing this in the 1990s, as Fox was an up and coming network. But, doing this in the 2010s doesn’t make sense. I know they are expanding their sports coverage with the NFL, MLB, College Football. College Basketball, NASCAR, golf, and boxing. However, they are connected with the largest news outlet in America, with Fox News Channel. It baffles me that the network still doesn’t have an evening news, after 25 years.

In the mornings, they could nationalize ‘Good Day Live’ and use it’s O&Os (like WJBK) to connect locally, while focusing on national stories. They could also have something at 1 pm, to rival GMA at 1 pm.

They need to stop leaving it up to the O&Os and affiliates to make up the majority of the schedule. I’m sure O&O stations like WJBK, WAGA, WNYW, KTTV, and WTTG would all love help from the network, so they don’t have to spend so much money on expanding newscasts, just to make up the void left by Fox.

sfpcc

Re: It’s time for Fox to expand its lineup

Post by sfpcc » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:45 pm

For a brief time In the early 90's Fox had their network programs from 10 to 11, (9 to 10 Central and Eastern.) From what I remember that's where Get A Life ended it two season run, (which was a really funny show.) I don't think this would work today, (too much competition from Netflix.)

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:41 pm

Fox is in the process of a merger. Disney bought 21st Century Fox. The deal is expected to be complete before April.
They aren't going to be expanding anything.

The Murdoch family will be keeping the Fox Network channel and Fox News channel though, which will be spunoff into new channels under whatever company name they choose. Which means brand new programming.

I honestly fear what Disney will do with their library...

When Disney purchased the Family Channel from Fox back in 2001, they got rid of any trace of the Fox Family/Saban library by 2006...
(Besides airing "Richie Rich's Christmas Wish" still everyday during December, and occasionally the "Au Pair" movies)

Music is my life.

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:45 am

"Richie Rich's Christmas Wish" (though tomorrow will be Mar. 1.) Of course,more largess ladled on him by the U.S. Government while the other 99.99999% pay more taxes and receive fewer and worse common areas such as education,infrastructure ,health care,etc .

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:58 pm

Fox did have a national version of Good Day Live from 2001-2003. I forgot about this. It was cancelled due to low ratings. I say put Fox and Friends or another news program in the 7-9am timeslot. They could revive Good Day Live nationally and put it at 10 or 11 am. And, don’t give up on it so easily. Fox has no patience with shows. That needs to change.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:56 pm

I'll be honest with you. I would rather watch a local show, than some national thing.
Be a shame to see The Nine replaced by something like what The Now has become.
Not really interested in that sort of thing.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:37 pm

Local shows can cost a lot to produce, especially today. Besides, the Nine hasn’t been good in a long time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic