All accepted registrations through November 23 at 9:00a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Dan Leach

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Andy Sipowicz

Dan Leach

Post by Andy Sipowicz » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:31 pm

Is this guy the worst sports talk radio host in the city's history?

A month or so ago he was talking about the Pistons and Red Wings playing the next day and said the Pistons tip-off was at 7:30 and the Red Wings tip-off was also at 7:30. Then he corrected himself and said ... the Red Wings "iceoff" was 7:30! Finally, an frustrated Fithian says "faceoff" and Leach, being the moron he is, laughs as if having an IQ of 17 is funny stuff.

Then, last night, he says the Bad Boys were one of the best teams in NBA history. "The Bulls won six championships but the Bad Boys won back-to-back." And the Bulls didn't? No, they didn't. They won back-to-back-to-back ... TWICE!

Talk about a homer.

As much as I dislike Caputo, and I listen to him only to amuse myself on the drive home from work, it's classic when he's on with Leach because even an idiot like Caputo knows that Leach is so fucking stupid Caputo won't let him get a word in whenever possible!

How do they continue to employ stooges like Leach?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Dan Leach

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:20 pm

To answer your question - yes, he is definitely the worst....EVER.

John Lund, Eric Pate, the "Mega Man" and Eli Zaret were all kinds of awful, but Leach is in a class all by himself.

Fire Blashill!!!!

D.j.m.

Post by D.j.m. » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:03 am

Dan Leach is an absolute trainwreck. He's completely insane.

And when I hear him on the radio, I can't turn away. :lol

It's almost performance art. He has some kind of charismatic insanity and inability to form coherent thoughts while still talking a mile a minute that I am thoroughly entertained by.

I KNOW he's the worst. And yet, that's why I'm absolutely entertained by him.

Juice81

Post by Juice81 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:25 am

The sports talk airwaves are full of guys that would be unemployable anywhere else, in any occupation. Leach is just one of them.

Smirnoff

Post by Smirnoff » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:04 am

And his management allows/approves/authorizes this to happen...... :eek :eek :eek

Vic Doucette

Post by Vic Doucette » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:42 am

Nobody cares WHY you listen, only THAT you listen.

Support The Miracle League of Michigan -- because EVERY child deserves the chance to play baseball!
Visit www.michiganmiracle.org

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:54 am

Vic Doucette wrote:Nobody cares WHY you listen, only THAT you listen.
Or perhaps more to the point....
Nobody cares WHY you listen, only THAT you listen, especially if you have a black box.

or whatever they call those meters that replaced the paper and pencil.

I no longer directly engage trolls

billmich

Post by billmich » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:09 pm

as proven by Howard Stern

jsf

Post by jsf » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:01 pm

This Leach guy must have pictures of someone, no other reason he should keep this gig.
J.

Andy Sipowicz

Post by Andy Sipowicz » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:08 pm

I can't stay with him or Caputo very long. They're both just so bad, especially Leach. When he's by himself it might be the worst show in the history of radio. His voice is so annoying.

Anybody ever heard him call basketball? Can't imagine that's much better.

By the way, anybody know what time "iceoff" is tonight for the Red Wings game????

D.j.m.

Post by D.j.m. » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:39 pm

Andy Sipowicz wrote:
I can't stay with him or Caputo very long. They're both just so bad, especially Leach. When he's by himself it might be the worst show in the history of radio. His voice is so annoying.

Anybody ever heard him call basketball? Can't imagine that's much better.

By the way, anybody know what time "iceoff" is tonight for the Red Wings game????
I agree. He's best when he has someone to take down with him on the air. Especially when it's someone that clearly DESPISES Leach, like Gator. That's when it becomes theater. :rollin

A tornado of insanity that I almost want to get a bag of popcorn for.

FAN

Post by FAN » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:29 pm

I recall going out to grab lunch one weekday during work not too long ago and hearing Leech with Gator covering for Doug. Gator could not have been more transparent with his negative feelings toward Leech. He absolutely despises the guy. I've never heard a show with such an uncomfortable and disdainful chemistry between hosts.

It seems to me that 97.1 thrives off of hate-listeners. The hosts are constantly race baiting, pushing politics or raising the whole UM v MSU issue.

Smirnoff

Post by Smirnoff » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:07 am

Can anyone get him a permanent gig in Gary Indiana....... 8o

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:18 am

I need a heads up when Gator and Leach are being paired. This is something I definitely want to listen to.

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:58 am

A permanent gig in Munising would be more appropriate for Leach.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic