Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Turn DOWN your thermostat! Really?!

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 7620

Re: Turn DOWN your thermostat! Really?!

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:28 pm

DTE is a crap company! Always has been!

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:49 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:47 pm
Most furnaces have only one speed, unless it’s multi-stage, which few people have. They’re on or they’re off, not variable speed. So none of them are going 100 mph or 30 mph. They’re all going the same speed. It’s the amount of time on that is the variable. And, like I said, if a furnace can’t maintain a temperature of 60 degrees, it doesn’t matter if it’s set to 60, 65, or 100. It will be on all the time regardless.
Actually that is not what you said. What you said was.....
lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:47 pm
Here’s they funny thing, people’s furnaces are already running non-stop. Turn it to 60, 65, 70, or 100, when it’s this cold out, furnaces run non-stop.
Notice the missing disclaimer "if a furnace can’t maintain a temperature of 60 degrees," in the original statement.
Your original statement is incorrect. All else being equal a furnace set at 75 will run longer than a furnace set at 65.
Further more any house with reasonable insulation and reasonable efficient windows will not have its furnace run non stop.

I no longer directly engage trolls

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:23 am

Art Van Damme wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:09 pm
No, the lawyers aren’t drooling...it’s the accountants.

DTE can charge significantly more per kWh providing power to the grid (that goes to “the market”) than directly to their customers in their primary service area.
So, if we use less, that “saved power” is put on the grid and sold for more. It’s a no lose hedge for DTE.

But, hey, the MPSC is watching over the whole show so we can be assured there’s no hanky-panky going on!👍

My question: When did “heat” become “air conditioning”
You almost sound like you know what you're talking about.
This discussion regards gas. If we were talking about electrical supply, I'd point to all of the the weed farms and Teslas in town which cause the grid to noticeably sag during peak use.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic