Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Flea-powered WRDT translator @ 107.1 MHz is on the air

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Flea-powered WRDT translator @ 107.1 MHz is on the air

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:01 pm

Heard it on the air this afternoon battling Air 1's Roseville-area translator in the Royal Oak area. The WRDT translator was predominant, but there was enough crackling & blips from the Air 1 station that listening was a real chore.

My listening location: 12 Mile Rd - from Stephenson Hwy westward through downtown Berkley. Along some of this stretch, I was less than 3.5 miles from the TX site of W296DY yet still had lousy reception.

Indoors, on my living room home theater receiver, the 1340 WCHB translator @ 96.7 MHz is actually much easier to receive than W296DY! This is despite the fact the W244DL tower site is more than twice as far from my house and has to contend with pretty powerful co-channel RF from CHYR.

Mega Hertz

Re: Flea-powered WRDT translator @ 107.1 MHz is on the air

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:22 pm

Minimal to zero problems receiving 107-1 out of Ann Arbor? I was surprised how far west of the city I was able to pick it up on a stock Ford receiver.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 14803

Re: Flea-powered WRDT translator @ 107.1 MHz is on the air

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:48 am

Crawford has a lot of cash to even consider a translator that might be interference free maybe 2 miles from the transmitter, what a waste of electricity and causing interference to other stations just to have an FM signal for AM 560, I bet that is a real selling point for preachers to get their programs on WRDT, Who thinks this stuff out? I mean really who is the brainchild at Crawford or even the engineering people at Crawford to think this has any kind of an effect to improve the stations coverage area.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic