Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Favorite DJ'S

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
RadioDork1

Favorite DJ'S

Post by RadioDork1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:35 am

On this site, we always talk about the DJ's we love. I usually don't post a new subject line. I was just wondering being a radio geek, who are some of the DJ's you have met or talked to and thought...What a cool guy or woman they were or were they just ass clowns LOL. I really haven't had any bad encounters with a DJ being rude. Well maybe one, lol. Holly is a great person, Beau another great guy. Lisa Lisa sweetheart. Big Steve Duncan that use to be on 955..great guy. Darren Revell is a standup, straight up great guy. No disrespect to anyone I have named, I grew up listening to Honey Radio. Jon Ray will always be my favorite. I met him when I was maybe 9 years old at a Honey remote and wherever he has gone I follow him and when my DAD passed away he sent condolences on Facebook. He is such a good guy. Sorry for the long post. I'm sure I'll hear about it. Lol.I didn't use a ton of,,,,,,,,,,,,,,like cowboy or whatever you call yourself now. MW..great site..been here since early 2000's

stopnswop2

Re: Favorite DJ'S

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:46 am

I've met JJ and Beau Daniels in person and they were real cool. I was the Sam that was always on the Instant request lunch like daily, haha. I enjoy talking to them both on Facebook too when I get the chancem Beau always calls me my username on here when I call the station, lol.

Theresa Lucas I also met and she is very very awesome, we get along very well. She even invited me over to the studio to job shadow her and tour the iHeart building last year. It was a blast. We had a lot of fun sharing our WNIC memories, and she said it felt like I was her long time Co-Worker, haha.

Boogie Brian is pretty cool, I love to call him on his shifts and we just chat about music and the station till he has to go back on air.

Dave Fuller is a blast! We had a heck of a fun time almost every evening back when he was still doing evenings on WOMC.

Stacey DuFord is a wonderful gal. Me and her still talk all the time, but not as much lately though, as I've been having some health problems so I don't go on social media much right now.

I'll think of the rest tomorrow. I'm headed to bed right now.

Music is my life.

radiojunkie2002

Post by radiojunkie2002 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:39 am

My Favorites- All in the past..

Alan Almond, WNIC, WMJC, WOMC,
Nick Arama, WOMC
Rosetta Hines, WJZZ, WGPR
Dick Purtan Mornings, WCZY, WKQI, WOMC
Gene Maxwell, WNIC
Paul Christy, WNIC, WKSG, WMXD
Joe Donovan, WWJ
Kim Carson, WDRQ, WCZY

and on TV - BILL BONDS!

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:56 am

Theses are formerly DJ’s but I liked them when They did radio shows Kevin Sanderson (WVMV),K.T.(WOMC)and John Bailey(WWJ).

65memories

Post by 65memories » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:51 am

Tom Clay, Lee Alan, Dick Purtan, Don Zee, Joel Sebastian, Dave Prince

jsf

Post by jsf » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:07 pm

How about Dick Purtan, Ron Davies and the Queen also Lee Alan

claymed7

Post by claymed7 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:31 pm

Bob Bauer (for all he did for the community), Frantic Ernie Durham (was such a gas to talk to at the record shows), Ed Love, JP McCarthy, Electrifying Mojo, Willy Wilson (was a neighbor, but he played cool music on his show), Steve Kostan, Greg St. James,

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:09 pm

What about Dahlmer at CSX isn’t he a great DJ ,What the hell am I smoking (must be a bad batch of medical weed.)

ascher2

Post by ascher2 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:50 pm

Joel Sebastian, Lee Alan, David L, Prince, Pat Holiday, Frank Brodie, Johnny Williams, Bill Gable, Ted Richards, Dave Shafer, Dick Purtan, Tom Ryan, Bob Greene, Robin Seymour, and last nut not least, Scott Regen!

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:59 pm

John O’Leary,Randi Thomas,Carl Coffey,Sheila Rushlow,Scott Miller (does anybody know where he’s working or is he retired.) Kim Travis and Jeff Dugan.

amehloldiesfan

Post by amehloldiesfan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:12 am

WOMC had a solid lineup in Dick Purtan, Tom Force, Tom Ryan and Don Phillips. Rick Hunter on weekends. All knew their stuff and weren't so much limited by corporate playlists. Request hours were fun. I would love to hear those voices again.

I also liked Ted Richards and Pat Holiday.

Majik

Post by Majik » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:39 am

ascher2 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:50 pm
Joel Sebastian, Lee Alan, David L, Prince, Pat Holiday, Frank Brodie, Johnny Williams, Bill Gable, Ted Richards, Dave Shafer, Dick Purtan, Tom Ryan, Bob Greene, Robin Seymour, and last nut not least, Scott Regen!
Good list Ascher2, I will add Mark Parenteau and Dave Dixon From ABX. Also Gary Stevens, J Michael Wilson and Swingin’ Sweeney. Will probably think of more later.

Deleted User 3751

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:52 am

John Landecker WLS hands down.

Locally, there was none better for my listening ear than Dick Purtian.

windsor

Post by windsor » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:33 pm

Arthur P, John Landecker,Jeff Davis,Podell,Wild Bill Scott,Ted the Bear,Brother Bill,Supermaxx,steve Black,Meltdown,Dave Bolt,Sharkman,Mad Maxx Hammer,allan Stagg,Carl Coffey. John Oleary,Dennis Frawley,gonzo Greg,Don Davis,Way cool Dennis Obrien,Grizzly all from IOT.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:22 pm

Any of the random kids that I hear on WBFH would be my pick.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic