Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Best Christmas Songs...

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Musicrewired

Re: Best Christmas Songs...

Post by Musicrewired » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:41 pm

Stan Freberg's "Green Christma$"
Donny Hathaway's "This Christmas"
Frank Sinatra & Bing Crosby with "We Wish You The Merriest"
Herb Alpert's or Burt Bacharach's versions of "The Bell That Couldn't Jingle"
Either Fab Four Christmas album. They're a Beatles tribute band.
"Christmas Wrapping" by The Waitresses.
"We Need A Little Christmas" by Percy Faith.
Any song from the "A Charlie Brown Christmas" soundtrack.
Any of the fan club Christmas messages from the Beatles.
"Merry Christmas Darling" by The Carpenters.
"Santa Claus Is Back In Town" by Elvis Presley.
"The Little Drummer Boy" by The Harry Simeone Chorale.
"Silent Night" by The Temptations.
"That's What Christmas Means To Me" by Stevie Wonder.
"All I Need Is Love" by Cee-Lo Green.
"Step Into Christmas" by Elton John. It is as classic a song as others have said.
""Father Christmas" by The Kinks.
"This Christmas" by The Kings. A lost classic.
"The Christmas Waltz" by Frank Sinatra.
"I Yust Go Nuts At Christmas" by Yogi Yorgesson.
and "A Message From The King" by Bob Rivers.
There most certainly are others, but these are all go-to songs that I can enjoy any time of year, and especially during Christmastime.

I'm out at a store now, and one of the above songs just came on, so I'll go listen to it.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:24 pm

I just enjoyed my annual listening of Bing Crosby's That Christmas Feeling album. It's a collection of radio broadcasts from the mid-40s to the early 1950s.

The highlight is a seven-minute medley of songs by Bing and his four sons from his first family. The medley includes songs I've never heard elsewhere like That Christmas Feeling and I'd Like to Hitch a Ride with Santa Claus.

The medley is particularly poignant because of all the troubles that came later with his sons. One of my favorite moments of the Christmas season is when I hear (I think) Dixie Lee say "All together now" just before the finale of the medley.

Would love to hear this medley on Detroit radio but it's probably too long.

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:32 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:24 pm
I just enjoyed my annual listening of Bing Crosby's That Christmas Feeling album. It's a collection of radio broadcasts from the mid-40s to the early 1950s.

The highlight is a seven-minute medley of songs by Bing and his four sons from his first family. The medley includes songs I've never heard elsewhere like That Christmas Feeling and I'd Like to Hitch a Ride with Santa Claus.

The medley is particularly poignant because of all the troubles that came later with his sons. One of my favorite moments of the Christmas season is when I hear (I think) Dixie Lee say "All together now" just before the finale of the medley.

Would love to hear this medley on Detroit radio but it's probably too long.
I enjoyed my annual listening as well tonight, to Led Zeppelin’s 3rd LP In SQ Quad and I have got to say , it was rather enjoyable. lol 😝

kleinlc

Post by kleinlc » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:49 pm

Does anyone remember a Christmas song (probably local) played on WJR in the late 1960s or early 1970s? It was sung by a little girl. Lyrics started with "Christmas isn't Christmas, 'cause I can't find my toys, What a dirty trick to play on little girls and boys". It ends with "It's only December 24th, I discovered to my sorrow. Christmas isn't Christmas til tomorrow."

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:43 pm

The Best Christmas Songs of 2020 “Rudolph The Red Face Masked Reindeer” (Rudolph is a Republican), “I’m Dreaming of a Covid-Free Christmas”, “Frosty The Six Foot Social Distancing Snowman”. and can’t forget “The Twelve Days Of Quarantined Christmas”.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:19 am

Who remembers "Ho Ho Ho, Who'd Be a Turkey at Christmas" by Elton John?
That is a real party tune right there !
I want to hear that this year on OMC

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic