Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jennifer Granholm

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
LouPerry

Jennifer Granholm

Post by LouPerry » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:24 am

Joining CNN.

jry

Re: Jennifer Granholm

Post by jry » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:10 pm

Well, since her BFF Hillary didn't win, therefore, not anointing her Education Secretary, this is probably a good idea. She's added a couple of pounds, but still has her looks. Surprised she didn't go to Canadian for a TV gig or Politics.

Deleted User 10525

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:48 pm

Education? :rollin She will do for CNN what she did for Michigan.

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:07 pm

She's to female politicians what Trump is to male. Nuts!

LouPerry

Post by LouPerry » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:14 pm

With all due respect you don't recognize the facts when she was governor. When she was in office the US economy feel to the level of the Great Depression. She worked with a budget/$'s that was minuscule. Working first with President Bush and then President Obama helped save the auto industry. All documented. She deserve's a lot more credit than she gets.

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:26 pm

I'm sorry...Lou. She was a horrible leader. You can blame the larger economy at the time for some of it.. but not all.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014240 ... ?mg=id-wsj

D.j.m.

Post by D.j.m. » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:46 pm

And so is Rick Santorum. What's your point?

jsf

Post by jsf » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:45 am

I don't know what's happened to make CNN so ultra-liberal the last few years but she will fit right in, at least it keeps her out of goverment
J

sirrealone

Post by sirrealone » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:26 pm

radiodoc wrote:I'm sorry...Lou. She was a horrible leader. You can blame the larger economy at the time for some of it.. but not all.

Totally agree. Any time a company left Michigan, she was holding open the door and handing them directions on how to get to their new digs.

I would never go as far as to say she was responsible for the exodus of jobs and population, but she did absolutely nothing, I mean nothing, to even attempt to stop it.

jry

Post by jry » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:30 pm

I wonder if she'll blow us away with her performance on CNN....

jry

Post by jry » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:30 pm

I wonder if she'll blow us away with her performance on CNN....

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:57 pm

jry wrote:I wonder if she'll blow us....
Ahhh, now we know how she got the job a CNN? :rollin

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

SolidGoldDancers

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:46 pm

sirrealone wrote:
radiodoc wrote:I'm sorry...Lou. She was a horrible leader. You can blame the larger economy at the time for some of it.. but not all.

Totally agree. Any time a company left Michigan, she was holding open the door and handing them directions on how to get to their new digs.

I would never go as far as to say she was responsible for the exodus of jobs and population, but she did absolutely nothing, I mean nothing, to even attempt to stop it.
How does that song go, trying to catch a deluge in a paper cup? I'm curious what you think she should have or could have done. Those jobs were going to the south, to Mexico, to China or just automated.

sirrealone

Post by sirrealone » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:27 am

SolidGoldDancers wrote: How does that song go, trying to catch a deluge in a paper cup? I'm curious what you think she should have or could have done. Those jobs were going to the south, to Mexico, to China or just automated.
It's a good question, and do I have an authoritative answer on what, if anything, would have prevented some of these jobs from leaving? No, I don't. But I wasn't governor for eight years. She was. It was her job to fight for the state and fight for every job that left. It was her job to come up with solutions but instead she came across as basically saying "Oh, well, what can you do?".

I'm not naive enough to think she had the power or influence to change things on her own, but leadership in tough times is bringing together the people that can to do the things that others say can't be done.

Yes, she presided over a very tough time for our state, but she didn't stand out in any way that deserves to be commended. What she did, anybody could have done. She didn't demonstrate leadership.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:23 pm

The fact that such a hyperpartisan hack got hired by them shows just how slanted to the left CNN is. I'm not sure she completely cares that Michigan struggled under her watch as long as she could successfully pin all the blame on Republicans. Her party and agenda are all she cared about. Actually, thats true with MOST politicians.But she was more overt and obvious about it than most.
And now, with this hiring, CNN essentially admits they are a Democratic Party puppet.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic