Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Wed May 04, 2022 12:45 pm

Speaking of song lyrics, here's one Broadway standard, Can’t Help Lovin’ Dat Man, that stands on its own:

Oh, listen, sista
I love my mista man
And I can't tell you why
There ain't no reason
For me to love that man
It must be something
That the angels done play
Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly
I gotta love one man 'til I die
Can't help loving that man of mine
Tell me he's lazy, tell me he's slow
Tell me I'm crazy, maybe, I know
When he goes away
That's a rainy day
But when he comes back
That day is fine
The sun will shine
He can come home
As late as can be
Home without him
Ain't no home to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFev0w7VgK8

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed May 04, 2022 6:57 pm

Momo wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 12:45 pm
Speaking of song lyrics, here's one Broadway standard, Can’t Help Lovin’ Dat Man, that stands on its own:

Oh, listen, sista
I love my mista man
And I can't tell you why
There ain't no reason
For me to love that man
It must be something
That the angels done play
Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly
I gotta love one man 'til I die
Tell me he's lazy, tell me he's slow
Tell me I'm crazy, maybe, I know
When he goes away
That's a rainy day
But when he comes back
That day is fine
The sun will shine
He can come home
As late as can be
Home without him
Ain't no home to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFev0w7VgK8
Ron should be very thankful for the forgiveness shown by his friends, producers, audience, and others.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed May 04, 2022 7:06 pm

Here's an interesting article that includes a list of 10 Signs of Emotional Childishness

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... dish-adult

Here's how I would judge Ron on each of the 10 signs:

High

2. Blaming
3. Lies
5. Impulsivity—or as therapists say, "poor impulse control"
6. Need to be the center of attention
8. Budding narcissism
9. Immature defenses
10. No observing ego—that is, no ability to see, acknowledge, and learn from their mistakes

Moderate

1. Emotional escalations
4. Name-calling
7. Bullying

Low

None

Majik

Post by Majik » Wed May 04, 2022 8:20 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 7:06 pm
Here's an interesting article that includes a list of 10 Signs of Emotional Childishness

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... dish-adult

Here's how I would judge Ron on each of the 10 signs:

High

2. Blaming
3. Lies
5. Impulsivity—or as therapists say, "poor impulse control"
6. Need to be the center of attention
8. Budding narcissism
9. Immature defenses
10. No observing ego—that is, no ability to see, acknowledge, and learn from their mistakes

Moderate

1. Emotional escalations
4. Name-calling
7. Bullying

Low

None
Would love to see what a professionals opinion might be after listening to his big broadcast.

Warriorstrong13

Post by Warriorstrong13 » Wed May 04, 2022 8:59 pm

Kidcat wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 3:01 pm
This weeks podcast is up.Thank you WDTK for getting them up so quickly.I am so glad that you fired Martin.
I’ve seen this Martin name float around a few times on here. He never worked at DTK. I don’t know who that is. I just recently took on posting of our podcast though. So I’m making it a point to get up hall of fame radio up the day after airing! Lol

Momo

Post by Momo » Wed May 04, 2022 9:34 pm

Luke, Martin Anthony was Ron's most recent so-called producer at WPON. He also was responsible for Ron's Twitter account. He & Ron got into some epic battles, with Ron more than once angrily ordering him to "get out." Martin once called out Ron, telling him he had only "7 callers." It was noted here that his name was listed on reply emails after Ron went back to WDTK, so he continued to work for Ron after the move. And it was understood that he was still responsible for Ron's Twitter account. If not Martin, who is responsible?

Warriorstrong13

Post by Warriorstrong13 » Wed May 04, 2022 10:00 pm

Oh ok. I’m not sure who’s running Twitter or responding to emails. I’m really on the outside looking in when it comes to the behind the scenes for Ron. He and I have always gotten along compared to other people he’s had “produce” his show. Matt was a mess and Markus was the last guy to work with him here at DTK. Again, I like to come in here and there and hear some old stories from Ron about his career. Now, if those are 100% accurate, I don’t know.

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Thu May 05, 2022 5:39 am

Warriorstrong13 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 8:59 pm
Kidcat wrote:
This weeks podcast is up.Thank you WDTK for getting them up so quickly.I am so glad that you fired Martin.
I’ve seen this Martin name float around a few times on here. He never worked at DTK. I don’t know who that is. I just recently took on posting of our podcast though. So I’m making it a point to get up hall of fame radio up the day after airing! Lol
Luke, those of us who can’t regularly listen live to SportsTalk appreciate to timely posting and updating of the podcasts!

Momo

Post by Momo » Thu May 05, 2022 8:46 am

George Blaha, Ron's "scheduled" guest this Sunday, is the subject of a Free Press article today. Will the age-obsessed Ron let go of the reporting that Blaha, who he insists is older, turned 77 in March, or two months after Ron's 77th birthday? Or, more likely, bring it up once again by saying to ignore what you read, as Blaha is older? Followed with a sinister laugh & "but that's okay."

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/ ... 609205002/

Majik

Post by Majik » Thu May 05, 2022 11:26 am

Warriorstrong13 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 10:00 pm
Oh ok. I’m not sure who’s running Twitter or responding to emails. I’m really on the outside looking in when it comes to the behind the scenes for Ron. He and I have always gotten along compared to other people he’s had “produce” his show. Matt was a mess and Markus was the last guy to work with him here at DTK. Again, I like to come in here and there and hear some old stories from Ron about his career. Now, if those are 100% accurate, I don’t know.
Warrior, I think the general consensus on this board is that if it comes out of Ron's mouth it will not be 100% accurate

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu May 05, 2022 12:11 pm

Warriorstrong13 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 8:59 pm
Kidcat wrote:
Martin was an on-air host at WPON. He had a high-energy personality and hosted an oldies show. On the days when he produced Ron's show, he had to make the awkward switch from being in complete control of his own show to having to put up with Ron's volatile personality. That probably caused a lot of tension.

Like Momo said, they had some dramatic conflicts. The biggest ended up with Ron calling Martin an a-hole and Martin calling Ron a "crazy man." All on the air. It took several weeks to patch up that problem but they did continue working together.

Here's his LinkedIn page, if you're interested:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/djmartin

Momo

Post by Momo » Thu May 05, 2022 1:22 pm

Luke, if you're Ron's producer - even if in name only - you should ask Ron to share his guest contacts with you. This is especially necessary now that he's back in his swanky Downriver digs, the home of the infamous grabby maid. Although I suspect this continuing saga of "lost" numbers - often at the hands of the miscreant help - is yet another of Ron's tall tales, a handy excuse for his issues landing guests.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu May 05, 2022 2:55 pm

If George Blaha shows up on Sunday, here is some background material to fill in anything that Ron doesn't say, and to correct anything that he does say. All clippings are from the Detroit Free Press

Friday, September 5, 1980

(Announcement of Ron's new time slot and co-host at WXYZ)

Friday, September 26, 1980

(Radio/TV column by Joe Lapointe)

Monday, November 3, 1980

(Column by Bob Talbert, one of Ron's biggest media critics)

Thursday, March 26, 1981

(An amazingly positive comment by Bob Talbert)

Sunday, September 13, 1981

(Radio/TV column by Joe Lapointe, two days after Ron was fired by WXYZ)

Last edited by Bobbert on Sat May 07, 2022 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Majik

Post by Majik » Thu May 05, 2022 4:23 pm

I am sure that the big C would contend that his career outshines George’s since that split in 1981.

Warriorstrong13

Post by Warriorstrong13 » Thu May 05, 2022 8:14 pm

What is everyone’s first memory of Ron? I’m 22 years old and I met Ron when I was 18, that was the first time I’ve ever heard of the legend. I didn’t believe any of his stories of being a major key in the radio world until you guys started posting these news clips or discovering Sports View Today.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic