Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Kidcat

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Kidcat » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:44 pm

Majik wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:03 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:34 pm
jsf wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:21 pm
Why when people talk about the real early days of sport talk radio no one brings up Dave Diles who was on back in the middle 70's? I enjoyed that show and he had on lot's of guest's, and I think he was on way before RC started.
Yes, he was on in the late 60s. Whenever his name comes up, Ron tries to make it sound like he was the first person to do a full-time sports talk show in Detroit, not Dave.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Camer ... ster)#WXYZ
Diles was a pro. Ron is a buffoon. 50 years in the business and his shows have a production value worse than high school stations.
This also applies to Ron's former producer Martin Anthony

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:44 pm

To the music of Matchmaker, Matchmaker (with apologies to lyricist Sheldon Harnick, whose 98th birthday is April 30), I offer this rendering from the sequel to FIddler on the Roof, Quibbler is a Goof:

Factchecker, Factchecker
Let me make up the facts
Pay me no mind
Catch me not when I lapse

Factchecker, Factchecker
Look not at your "machine"
And give me the perfect "facts"

Factchecker, Factchecker
I'll not bring the details,
You bring me the room,
Not to question my tales.
Ring me up when I'm wronging profusely,
And I'll ban you absolutely.

For Bea,
Don't doubt "he" was a father.
For Cory,
Don't question the building which was in the path of the plane of Mr. Lidle.
For me, hell,
Don't quibble that I won't make a restaurant dollar
Since all the workers are on the dole and thus idle.

Factchecker, Factchecker
Let me make up the facts
Pay me no mind
Catch me not when I lapse,
Fact after fact I might have blown
But onto same do not latch,
When you call on the phone.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:01 pm

Momo wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:44 pm
To the music of Matchmaker, Matchmaker (with apologies to lyricist Sheldon Harnick, whose 98th birthday is April 30), I offer this rendering from the sequel to FIddler on the Roof, Quibbler is a Goof:

Factchecker, Factchecker
Let me make up the facts
Pay me no mind
Catch me not when I lapse

Factchecker, Factchecker
Look not at your "machine"
And give me the perfect "facts"

Factchecker, Factchecker
I'll not bring the details,
You bring me the room,
Not to question my tales.
Ring me up when I'm wronging profusely,
And I'll ban you absolutely.

For Bea,
Don't doubt "he" was a father.
For Cory,
Don't question the building which was in the path of the plane of Mr. Lidle.
For me, hell,
Don't quibble that I won't make a restaurant dollar
Since all the workers are on the dole and thus idle.

Factchecker, Factchecker
Let me make up the facts
Pay me no mind
Catch me not when I lapse,
Fact after fact I might have blown
But onto same do not latch,
When you call on the phone.
That's very funny and perceptive. And it follows up perfectly to Ron's admission last Sunday that he does everything "off the top of his head."

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:44 am

Thanks. Ron's life the subject of a musical on the Great White Way?! Why not?

Majik

Post by Majik » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:49 pm

Momo wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:44 am
Thanks. Ron's life the subject of a musical on the Great White Way?! Why not?
I see Ron’s life as an off off Broadway production

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:43 pm

Majik wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:49 pm
If the life of stripper can be mined for a smash Broadway musical, why not Ron's colorful past?!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gypsy_Rose_Lee

Majik

Post by Majik » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:52 pm

Momo wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:43 pm
Majik wrote:
If the life of stripper can be mined for a smash Broadway musical, why not Ron's colorful past?!

At least the stripper brought some major assets to the table.

Majik

Post by Majik » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:55 pm

Momo wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:43 pm
Majik wrote:

Too bad Ed Wood is not alive. I could see him giving Ron’s story the proper treatment it deserves.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:36 am

It’s Sunday, it’s time for some pre game for tonight’s Sportstalk with Ron Cameron-The longest running talk show host on local radio-according to R-sizzle himself. On to some thoughts for tonight.

Tonight’s possible guest-Boxing referee, Frank Garza. Perhaps, maybe he will be on?

Ron has spent the last hour of his show basically talking about guests this upcoming spring/summer With so much going on in the boxing world at this time, what topic will Ron address first?

Will Ron give a MLB update on owners and there dire finical status now that the deal has been in place for a while?

Will we get a restaurant update?

Looks like the wings play at 5, so if the studio gets the channel some play by play could be the first hour.

Will the letters that were mailed to the studio, make it to him for him to share with viewers. Since opening emails is only a producers job?

These possible topics and more tonight on the show that’s home of the Jumbotron! Please add you thoughts as well

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:07 am

If Ron has a guest on tonight's wild card show, will it be one whose name he’s bandied about as a possibility? Frank Garza (if so, some caller please, please bring up Lane Staal), or, after too long an absence, Ray Scott (Ron DID promise he’d have him back on before the playoffs), or two-stroke Terry Foster? Or someone from his bag of guests? A Jake Wood, a Boots Day, a Jon Warden, a Rich Kincaide? It’s too soon, before the start of the baseball season, that is, for Jim Leyland, but maybe, from the Guest Protection List, Phil Regan?! Jim Palmer? Bob Delaney, the former NBA referee who wrote the book about "putting away the Mob"?

https://www.amazon.com/Covert-My-Years- ... 1402754434

If no guest, will Ron claim he’s been just too busy … fighting off Russian invaders at Ram’s Horn?!

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:42 am

Momo wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:07 am
If Ron has a guest on tonight's wild card show, will it be one whose name he’s bandied about as a possibility? Frank Garza (if so, some caller please, please bring up Lane Staal), or, after too long an absence, Ray Scott (Ron DID promise he’d have him back on before the playoffs), or two-stroke Terry Foster? Or someone from his bag of guests? A Jake Wood, a Boots Day, a Jon Warden, a Rich Kincaide? It’s too soon, before the start of the baseball season, that is, for Jim Leyland, but maybe, from the Guest Protection List, Phil Regan?! Jim Palmer? Bob Delaney, the former NBA referee who wrote the book about "putting away the Mob"?

If no guest, will Ron claim he’s been just too busy … fighting off Russian invaders at Ram’s Horn?!
I know it’s Rons thing, but he always brings up the stoke for Terry foster. It’s been a few years and following Terry on social media he has made a great health comeback including I believe hosting a show on Woodward sports

I always laugh when Ron brings up, Terry has told ron something to the fact that him and his wife are working on alone time now that the kids are gone. Again, kids have been gone for a while from Terry posts, perhaps he is not as excited as Ron would like us to believe to be on the show and will get back with ron in a “few weeks”

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:01 am

Jerry Green was once a fairly regular guest, until he apparently had his fill of Ron's buffoonery:

https://thejewishnews.com/2022/03/21/th ... rry-green/

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:13 am

Momo wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:07 am

He could take a page from What's My Line, and put on a mask, then have his "producer" randomly call one of his regular guests, and then play Mystery Guest.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:21 am

radiofan1974 wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:36 am
It’s Sunday, it’s time for some pre game for tonight’s Sportstalk with Ron Cameron-The longest running talk show host on local radio-according to R-sizzle himself. On to some thoughts for tonight.

Tonight’s possible guest-Boxing referee, Frank Garza. Perhaps, maybe he will be on?

Ron has spent the last hour of his show basically talking about guests this upcoming spring/summer With so much going on in the boxing world at this time, what topic will Ron address first?

Will Ron give a MLB update on owners and there dire finical status now that the deal has been in place for a while?

Will we get a restaurant update?

Looks like the wings play at 5, so if the studio gets the channel some play by play could be the first hour.

Will the letters that were mailed to the studio, make it to him for him to share with viewers. Since opening emails is only a producers job?

These possible topics and more tonight on the show that’s home of the Jumbotron! Please add you thoughts as well
Will the number of ads for the Delta Marriott Hotel increase to the point that the last half hour of the show becomes an infomercial for the hotel?

What coprophilic comments will Mr. Positive make this week?

To counter Ron's bias towards baseball owners, what Monopoly Money comments will Kurt from Fraser make about baseball player salaries?

Whose names will Ron drop this week, to follow up last week's stories about getting drunk with Pat Riley at the Lindell AC and playing volleyball with former Detroit Lions kicker Eddie Murray?

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:28 am

Bobbert wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:13 am

He could take a page from What's My Line, and put on a mask, then have his "producer" randomly call one of his regular guests, and then play Mystery Guest.
A favorite WML Mystery Guest moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=JcefuoS_1ko

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic