Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hmmm,is the news drought at CBS62 about to come to an end?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Hmmm,is the news drought at CBS62 about to come to an end?

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:02 am

The anchor desk next to what appears to be a visitors lobby is evidently a function of the real set being nowhere near finished.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:19 am

Explains why I heard Brian and Paul are both under a lot of pressure. All I can say is both will be fired if all of this isn’t corrected quickly, starting with getting the graphics package.

The newsroom looks to be the set.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:20 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:02 am
The anchor desk next to what appears to be a visitors lobby is evidently a function of the real set being nowhere near finished.
Don’t think that’s the actual set.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:37 am

I actually talked to some folks who used to work there and they all said how much of a nightmare it is to start a news operation. I think you are seeing it there. If Paul is bad at communicating, it’s probably because of the amount of stress he’s under. Not an excuse though. All I can say is they have to meet whatever deadline they’ve been given or else both him and Watson are both out of a job. Could also explain why McMahon is involved.

I’ve been in leadership long enough to know that if deadlines aren’t met, that individual in a leadership role is usually fired.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:43 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:09 am
I read the article. It pins the lion's share of the blame on Pytlowany, who allegedly is doing a poor job communicating with staff, it says morale is low, and it claims one or more of the talent who were hired are very unhappy and looking to leave.

It says CBS corporate is pissed at local station management, and no one on the inside believes a launch by January 31 is likely due to unfinished construction and tech work. It is corporate who is trying to force a January 31 or sooner launch. They are growing tired of all the money spent with nothing to show for it.

Gee - inexperienced news director failing (so far) at launching a major market startup. Who woulda thunk? Hopefully, things turn around for the better.

I think Watson and Pytlowany are perhaps the folks whose jobs are most endangered, not some unnamed individual at corporate.

The construction stuff is why it didn’t debut in the fall. Truthfully, this should’ve debuted in October. I get bits and prices of information so my apologies for the confusion.

Again, makes since why I heard Paul is under a lot of pressure.

He needs to own it, apologize, and communicate better. All are Keys in being a leader. He needs to salvage this and do it quickly or else he’s out of a job.

As for the reporter who’s looking to leave, I have a good idea who it is but won’t say.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:26 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:37 pm
Editorcj wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:12 pm
After this long, what difference does one or two more weeks make?
Probably none and I don’t think the public cares one whit either.
99.9% of the public doesn't even know this is going on. They'll gradually stumble upon whatever ends up being launched and will be surprised (pleasantly? dreadfully?) that's there's another avenue for local news.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:33 am

I completely agree with Circle's comments in the prior few posts.

I also agree with km1125. Better to delay the launch and do things right than put a terrible product on the air. First impressions can be lasting.

The relaunch of news at Fox 47 in Lansing recently is one I'd put in the not-so-good column.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Michiganviewer

Post by Michiganviewer » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:10 pm

Count on CBSnews to be up and running after the Super Bowl. Notice I did not say Super Bowl LVII. 🤭

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:38 pm

Michiganviewer wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:10 pm
Count on CBSnews to be up and running after the Super Bowl. Notice I did not say Super Bowl LVII. 🤭
Lol

Anyhow, it has to be up and running soon. Like someone who used to work at the station said, to make a launch public and not meet it causes a loss of credibility. This is why I say this is resolved very soon.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:42 pm

It seems there are some positive moves being made in the right direction. Don’t know the full details but it’s funny how jobs being on the line can really motivate things to get going lol.

I’m sure it’s about to be made public soon so be patient my friends. It’s happening very very soon.

Luke

Post by Luke » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:19 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:42 pm
I’m sure it’s about to be made public soon so be patient my friends. It’s happening very very soon.
You have been saying that for 10 months now.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:35 pm

Luke wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:19 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Talking about the issue with the graphics. Just heard that’s moving in the right direction, that’s all.

whitebalance

Post by whitebalance » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:35 pm

Do what they do at TV 13 in Grand Rapids. Just stand next to a wall holding tablets. Set , just use a bar table and a couple of high back chairs. A Breakfast set from Gardner White should work. Read a few stories, jam in lots of commercials and a real long weather segment, more commercials a few sports stories and your done

Deleted User 15876

Post by Deleted User 15876 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:12 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:35 pm
Luke wrote:
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Talking about the issue with the graphics. Just heard that’s moving in the right direction, that’s all.
HOWWWWW!!!!!!?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:14 pm

RebelwithoutAClause wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:12 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:35 pm
Luke wrote:
CircleWXYZ wrote:
HOWWWWW!!!!!!?
Maybe the equipment is a little more debugged. But he really has been sounding like he knows more than he does for 10 months now. I hope it goes to black at 1115pm in the middle of weather or something. That would be hilarious.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic