Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hmmm,is the news drought at CBS62 about to come to an end?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 7620

Re: Hmmm,is the news drought at CBS62 about to come to an end?

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:46 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:39 pm
I think getting on the air by January 30 would be a miracle and is very unlikely to happen.

I do know they are really working hard to get it launched this month. Not just from a PR standpoint but because they are starting to get impatient with CBS. I know Brian Watson and Paul Pytlowany are pushing the issue. My guess is, this is resolved by next week at the earliest.

Should know more in the next few days. KCAL/KCBS launch just happened last week and there were delays with that.

I know Wendy McMahon is definitely involved and is really working overtime to get this launched.
Last edited by Deleted User 7620 on Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

whitebalance

Post by whitebalance » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:37 pm

The blue suits at CBS that gave us Norah O'Donnell and Gayle King. I can see the launch in early 2027

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:43 pm

whitebalance wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:37 pm
The blue suits at CBS that gave us Norah O'Donnell and Gayle King. I can see the launch in early 2027
It will be waaay sooner than that. They are working hard to get it launched this month. They don’t want it to go into February. Trust me on this. It will be before Spring. I think the KCAL/KCBS launch set things back a couple weeks. WWJ is next on the list and they are a very high priority right now.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:48 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:43 pm
whitebalance wrote:
It will be waaay sooner than that. They are working hard to get it launched this month. They don’t want it to go into February. Trust me on this. It will be before Spring. I think the KCAL/KCBS launch set things back a couple weeks. WWJ is next on the list and they are a very high priority right now.
It certainly seems like it… :roll: This whole things has been nothing but delays and false starts.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:59 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:48 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:43 pm
whitebalance wrote:
It certainly seems like it… :roll: This whole things has been nothing but delays and false starts.
Yep. Now CBS’ reputation is now on the line. KCAL/KCBS launch to my understanding, was suppose to happen in December but got delayed to January 5th. Now that it’s been made public that the WWJ news launch is this month, you can see why Wendy, Brian, and Paul are all pressing the issue big time with CBS corporate. Now you see why they don’t want this to go into February?? If this thing launches on February 7th, I can guarantee that some folks at CBS corporate are going to be in serious trouble.

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:12 pm

After this long, what difference does one or two more weeks make?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:37 pm

Editorcj wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:12 pm
After this long, what difference does one or two more weeks make?
Probably none and I don’t think the public cares one whit either.

thekman

Post by thekman » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:29 am

Only another 777 pages of replies, and this thread can reach Ron Cameron status. C’mon CBS62 News, you can do it!

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:46 am

FTVLive posted about CBS Detroit and how it's taking so long for the anchors and reporters aren't too happy about it being delayed, I didn't read the article since it is under a paywall.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:11 am

MasterB wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:46 am
FTVLive posted about CBS Detroit and how it's taking so long for the anchors and reporters aren't too happy about it being delayed, I didn't read the article since it is under a paywall.

Whenever both are the station GM and News Director are both heavily getting impatient now the head of CBS News and Statuons now getting involved, someone with CBS corporation is about to lose their jobs if this isn’t resolved quickly. I say this is resolved by next week. They don’t want another delay, even by a couple weeks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:45 am

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:11 am
MasterB wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:46 am

Whenever both are the station GM and News Director are both heavily getting impatient now the head of CBS News and Statuons now getting involved, someone with CBS corporation is about to lose their jobs if this isn’t resolved quickly. I say this is resolved by next week. They don’t want another delay, even by a couple weeks.
It’ll take as long as it takes… it sounds like the control equipment has serious bugs so that may not be some easy fix.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:01 am

What a mess!!!
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:09 am

I read the article. It pins the lion's share of the blame on Pytlowany, who allegedly is doing a poor job communicating with staff, it says morale is low, and it claims one or more of the talent who were hired are very unhappy and looking to leave.

It says CBS corporate is pissed at local station management, and no one on the inside believes a launch by January 31 is likely due to unfinished construction and tech work. It is corporate who is trying to force a January 31 or sooner launch. They are growing tired of all the money spent with nothing to show for it.

Gee - inexperienced news director failing (so far) at launching a major market startup. Who woulda thunk? Hopefully, things turn around for the better.

I think Watson and Pytlowany are perhaps the folks whose jobs are most endangered, not some unnamed individual at corporate.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:24 am

Not just from a PR standpoint but because they are starting to get impatient with CBS.
You have it backwards, assuming FTV Live is correct in its reporting. CBS is getting impatient with station management.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:32 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:24 am
Not just from a PR standpoint but because they are starting to get impatient with CBS.
You have it backwards, assuming FTV Live is correct in its reporting. CBS is getting impatient with station management.
That would make more sense. If station management was mad at corporate exactly what recourse would they have short of quitting?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic