Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Who the HECK is Ron Cameron????

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Who the HECK is Ron Cameron????

Post by Momo » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:39 pm

Round Six wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:06 pm
Momo wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:19 pm
Ron did do some TV back in the day, winning, with Bob Page, the (cable) ACE Award for best local sports show (when cable was in its infancy):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo0GVRja2go&t=797s
Thanks for posting the video. I actually did not know what Cameron looked like up.
Yeah, I suppose I could of Googled it by now, but you know how that goes.
That was Ron 35+ years ago, in what he called his "hunk" days. Here, from 2011, is a more updated look:

https://patch.com/michigan/westbloomfie ... -lake-road

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:21 am

Round Six wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:03 pm
Colonel Flagg wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:52 pm
"Who???" would probably be the response if you mentioned Al Ackerman or Ray Lane too. It was a long time ago. As another poster mentioned, Ron worked at WCAR. Not the one on 1090 in Livonia. The original WCAR on 1130. They had a fully staffed newsroom, and sports staff. Ron was one of them.
I am being honest when I say this. I know who Ray Lane was. Think I would even recognize him if I seen him (has he passed?). I remember Ackerman too. Wasn't Lane on 2 and Ackerman on 4?

I had never heard of Ron Cameron before the thread here on Buzzboard. But to be fair, sounds like Cameron was on the radio, while Lane and Ackerman were on TV.

I am going to do something tomorrow. I'm attending a Super Bowl party with I'm guessing 40 to 50 people. I'm going to ask everyone there if they know who Al Ackerman, Ron Cameron and Ray Lane are.

I'm taking a poll. Hopefully Rate This does not file a grievance. It's been awhile since Turkeytop has posted a "You Be The Judge* missive. :)
Ray Lane was a helluva rink side reporter at Red Wings games.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:08 am

One thing in Ron Cameron's favor is that he interviews people who many hosts on 97.1 have probably never heard of.

In a three-month period from December 2016 to March 2017, he interviewed the following people who are no longer living:
  • Bump Elliott (UM football coach in 1960s)
  • Tommy Lasorda (LA Dodgers manager)
  • Ed Coil (Pistons GM in 1960s and 1970s)
  • Bob Wolff (long-time sports announcer)
  • Hal Naragon (1954 Cleveland Indians player and 1968 Detroit Tigers coach)
  • Bryan Watson (NHL player in 1960s and 1970s)
  • Bob Miller (MLB player, UD baseball coach)

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:52 am

Ray Lane was a great sportscaster.

I've watched some of Ackerman's work on YouTube. He was a bit of a lightning rod, to say the least. Had just a wee bit of an ego as well.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic