Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ben Bailey cannot forecast worth a shit!!!

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
jadednihilist

Re: Ben Bailey cannot forecast worth a shit!!!

Post by jadednihilist » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:54 pm

thatonedude wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:42 pm
jadednihilist -- you don't happen to be an operational meteorologist by any chance, do you? I rarely see people delve into the actual science and overall work that goes into making the models "tick", so to speak. Nice to see that for a change. I'm not in the field -- as much as I am a weather enthusiast -- but it's always been tempting to head that direction...
I'm not an operational meteorologist, but I do actively work on the research side of atmospheric science for a living. I long dreamt about going into operational or broadcast meteorology, but discovered a stronger passion for answering outstanding questions about the atmosphere. It's absolutely a fascinating and exciting field, so I highly recommend if you have the chance.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

SolidGoldDancers

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:30 pm

G G wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:13 am
The left has politicized meteorology to the point the models selected by these ham-and-eggers are based on Goreist ideas and not what they should have learned in class.

To hell with them!

I'll do better with my Farmer's Almanac and a look out the window. I own salt, shovels, and sweaters so whatever happens, I'll be prepared.
How on earth do you survive this relentless persecution?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:41 pm

SolidGoldDancers wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:30 pm
G G wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:13 am
The left has politicized meteorology to the point the models selected by these ham-and-eggers are based on Goreist ideas and not what they should have learned in class.

To hell with them!

I'll do better with my Farmer's Almanac and a look out the window. I own salt, shovels, and sweaters so whatever happens, I'll be prepared.
How on earth do you survive this relentless persecution?
He comes here to torment us...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic