Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:53 am

radiofan1974 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:08 am
fairbankshockeypuck wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:49 pm
make that FOX Sports RADIO now on 910
That’s interesting on the sports switch to fox from ESPN , rumor has it that it will be moving to conservative talk. For what it’s worth when Ron was asked about the 910 switch and Ron said he would not be going there. Though in Ron’s world never say never
Ron has his issues with Kevin Adell, the owner. He & Denny had a television show on an Adell-owned station (WADL, channel 23) in the '10s that ended abruptly over allegations that Adell wasn't honoring the terms of their agreement. Of course, Denny later went to work at 910. Before his new show started, I spoke to Denny on Ron's show & brought up their earlier issues with Adell, Denny summarily brushed aside any concerns. Denny's show on 910 didn't last very long.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:33 am

Willie108 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:50 am
It always cracks me up when our hero says "That team is spending money like a drunken sailor".
They should take money management advice from Ron, who at the age of 78 hasn't saved up enough money to take a few weeks off from work to get much needed knee surgery.

sparty89

Post by sparty89 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:13 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:57 am
Sad day for Ron and Windsor Dave—Combero hit his second home run of the year last night.
Also, Buxton did not start either game of the series.

Momo

Post by Momo » Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:55 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:42 am

December 28, 2019 (Hour 2)***
Open line with Ron and Matt
https://26533.mc.tritondigital.com/OMNY ... 1618260788
Not the second hour of the 12/28/19 show, but the "missing" second hour of the 12/7/19 one! So Ron was still promoting "his show" on five stations early the next morning &, although he already had a "big audience," he was expecting "younger callers ... who do not know him" to be calling after hearing him on Lisa Zee's public service show (because, of course, young people are notorious for being up, listening to terrestrial radio, 5:00/6:00 am Sunday mornings). "Tune in & enjoy." He was also still heavily hyping the interview the next day with "funny guy, good guy" Gerry Odrowski that was never, ever to be. "A very, very interesting personality." "He'll be a good guest ... with interesting stories."

Ron started off the hour with a college football scoreboard. When he had trouble figuring out who Oklahoma had played, Matt stepped in to tell him it was Baylor. "I'm here for you to help you with the abbreviations." Why doesn't it just say, "B-A-Y-L-O-R," Ron wanted to know. When Ron saw the initials, "BSU," Matt said, "Boise State," adding, once again, he was there for the abbreviations. "Don't worry about it, alright," Ron snapped back.

When Ron read from the screen that LSU led Georgia at halftime, he asked how could the game be at halftime. "Ignore that," Matt said. "Then don't put it up there ...," a frustrated Ron stated. "I didn't put it there," Matt countered. "It's there, in front of me," Ron said. "That's the internet for you, Ron, not me," Matt replied, giggling.

When Matt noted that Oklahoma would probably get the last playoff spot if the LSU-Georgia score held, Ron, not one to accept the opinions of others who are not his guest, said, "You're guessing," before quickly conceding the likelihood of Matt's point.

When Ron had exhausted all of the available scores, he asked about the Oregon-Utah game the night before. "Yeah," Matt said, "you didn't mention that was from last night, go ahead ... I'm giving you the go, that's all." "I don't need [you] to give me the go," Ron barked, "I'll go when I want." To Matt's giggles, Ron added, "I don't know why you keep doing that."

In this hour, we learn that Ron saw Steve Yzerman in the Wings' press room. Ron approached him, saying, "Let me ask you a question. Do you want to come on my show?" Ron said Steve told him to have his people (Steve, Ron is a one-man operation!) talk to his people.

We also learn that Ron, who made a point previously that he would not contact Denny to express his condolences, also woke up a groggy Jim Leyland to tell him about the then-recent death of Denny's wife.

With Lou Whitaker awaiting a decision from the Veterans Committee the next day on his HOF candidacy, Ron said that Lou had been a guest 2-3 times over the last five years, but he was not going to have him back unless/until he was inducted. This sentiment probably dooms a return appearance from Trish Faulkner, who Ron mistakenly had thought was in the tennis HOF when she was recently booked as a guest. Ron has high standards for his guests, so non-HOF member Trish will likely forever be on the outside looking in. 

Ron's first caller was Super R., "Detroit's finest. I am your highness," "about to bring some super insight." When Super R. said, "Magic [Johnson] don't play," Ron corrected him. "Speak English." Super R. told Ron he sounded like "a broken record" when he referred to ex-Laker Lonzo Ball's LA days. Ron mentioned that he had Magic on his show years ago, & he offered Magic his "kudoos" for replacing Kareem as center to win the NBA championship in his rookie year. When Super R. kept talking over him, Ron interjected, "It's my show here, okay?"

Ron next immediately took the call of Cowboy, who had been waiting on line a long time. Cowboy said he had been waiting a long time because the previous caller "never stopped talking. I thought I had a big mouth." To which Ron said, "You do."

Ron asked Matt to look up Earle Bruce's record against Michigan. When Matt later reported back that he had a 5-4 record, Ron said he thought he had a losing record. "No," Matt said, "it was a winning record ... 5-4." "I know what a winning record is," Ron hit back, "I don't have to be told that!" Matt again giggled.

When Tom Brady's name came up, Matt concluded that he was the GOAT. That was too much for Ron. "You don't say he was, because you don't know that." Moments later, though, Ron said he would agree with this assessment if you put a gun to his head.

Matt took a moment to tell Ron, "I'm glad you're well, my friend." Ron interrupted to say, "I'm not well ... a lot better." His knees, he said, were "still terrible." Matt continued by pointing out that Alex hosted the show himself between 16-20 minutes the prior week. I thought Matt might have been referring to Ron's bout with "explosive diarrhea," but he was referencing the recent show to which Ron arrived late because he got the "hour mixed-up" while at the library.

Matt reminded Ron that he was in good hands with either Alex or him. Then he referred to a (now-former) Buzzboard poster, 313sports (apparently, Matt didn't then know that this was Alex's original username) who, on one hand, opined that Matt couldn't run the show by himself, while, on the other hand, saying 'the show's boring, I miss Matt.' "Make up your mind," Matt implored 313sports.

No, witty Ron said, the only time "I'm in good hands is when I'm with Budd Lynch," then dead over seven years.

"You are in good hands," an admittedly emotional Matt insisted. "You're like family to me. And Alex is like family to you ... we're like family to you. You're the grandpa I never had." After Ron said, "shut-up," in jest, Matt added that his grandfather died before he was born. "I'm still alive, Ron replied, "the last time I looked," adding he'd been asked a few times if he was still alive.

The era of good feelings lasted only a few minutes, though, when, in a discussion about the Knicks, Matt chimed in with his view that James Dolan was a "terrible owner." Off-mic, Ron seemed to tell Matt not to come in on him. "I'll make, you don't need to make, the comment on James Dolan."

Near the end of the hour, the much-hated Larry Brown came up, with clueless Ron saying "time has passed him by a long time ago ... get out while the getting is good."

***Bobbert, the link you have for the first hour of the 12/28/19 show is really the one link for the first hour of the 12/7/19 show.

Momo

Post by Momo » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:21 am

Yet another reason to never take a Ron Cameron story at face value.

https://www.tctimes.com/haunted-michiga ... 8561b.html

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:29 am

Topics to look forward to on the Ron Cameron Show...The fastest two hours in Friday brokered radio:

A) "Combrero" hit a home run the other day....the balls must be juiced up like super balls.
B) How Ron wants Maury to come out of retirement, so he can do a DNA show to find out who Murray Howe's real father is.
C) The show starting late because Ron gets tied up in traffic in his 1962 Pontiac.
D) Mr. Positive....this is a sports show, not an Elvis Show, even though Elvis died 8/16/77.
E) If there is a guest, Ron will turn it into another episode of "All About Ron".
F) Fella!!!
G) What are you doing here?
H) Bashing the late Jim Price and all the Tiger broadcasters.
I) Match Game talk.
J) That 1957 episode of To Tell The Truth WAS in color.
K) One man operation...can't get knees fixed.
L) More station bashing
M) The Fenton Hotel.
N) Two stroke Terry.
O) Bashing the Tiger front office
P) What??? Bobby Layne isn't the Lions quarterback???
Q) If there is a guest, Ron will be constantly hounding the person for phone #'s
R) How Ron was the greatest umpire of all time, even in hockey.
S) How he should be in every Hall of Fame there is, and have a star on the sidewalk in Hollywood (Ron will call it Hollywoodland)
T) How he knows everything medical because he had C. Everett Coop on his show...once.
U) How he saved all sports and games, even euchre.
V) No guts!!!
W) Zollner doesn't own the Pistons???
X) Bea Arthur
Y) The grassy knoll

That and a whole lot more. Set your clocks for 11am (or maybe 11:04am)

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:17 am

Willie108 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:29 am
Topics to look forward to on the Ron Cameron Show...The fastest two hours in Friday brokered radio:

A) "Combrero" hit a home run the other day....the balls must be juiced up like super balls.
B) How Ron wants Maury to come out of retirement, so he can do a DNA show to find out who Murray Howe's real father is.
C) The show starting late because Ron gets tied up in traffic in his 1962 Pontiac.
D) Mr. Positive....this is a sports show, not an Elvis Show, even though Elvis died 8/16/77.
E) If there is a guest, Ron will turn it into another episode of "All About Ron".
F) Fella!!!
G) What are you doing here?
H) Bashing the late Jim Price and all the Tiger broadcasters.
I) Match Game talk.
J) That 1957 episode of To Tell The Truth WAS in color.
K) One man operation...can't get knees fixed.
L) More station bashing
M) The Fenton Hotel.
N) Two stroke Terry.
O) Bashing the Tiger front office
P) What??? Bobby Layne isn't the Lions quarterback???
Q) If there is a guest, Ron will be constantly hounding the person for phone #'s
R) How Ron was the greatest umpire of all time, even in hockey.
S) How he should be in every Hall of Fame there is, and have a star on the sidewalk in Hollywood (Ron will call it Hollywoodland)
T) How he knows everything medical because he had C. Everett Coop on his show...once.
U) How he saved all sports and games, even euchre.
V) No guts!!!
W) Zollner doesn't own the Pistons???
X) Bea Arthur
Y) The grassy knoll

That and a whole lot more. Set your clocks for 11am (or maybe 11:04am)
I will add cup cake schedule and coach Jim Harbaugh

And Ron’s favorite player not names Jake Rogers, bryon buxton talk

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:34 am

Will we get an update on Ron's doctor appointment ... or was that twitter post from Martin a mere smokescreen?

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:35 am

Willie108 wrote:
...after getting caught up in the Dream Cruise traffic, where his classic wheels led to crowds of people shaking his hand and telling him that he is their idol.
Willie108 wrote:
...and because he is close friends with the Oakland County medical examiner because of some small talk when Ron got his "Cova" shot, and because he stalked Tim McCormick and his family during every stage of Tim's treatment for his knees when he was at UM.

edj

Post by edj » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:40 am

Would be funny if Mr. Positive asks about Ron's 62 Pontiac.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:03 am

Martin's playing a song that includes the lines "Something's wrong upstairs." Perfect lead-in for R Sizzle.

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:03 am

Ron gets a Martin lead-in today.

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:04 am

Ted Kulfan on "tomorrow."

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:05 am

Momo wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:04 am
Four times already. I wonder how that book is coming along.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:05 am

Momo wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:04 am
And he keeps saying it over and over. I think Martin is just letting him do it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic