Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
radiofan1974

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by radiofan1974 » Tue May 09, 2023 11:55 am

Bobbert wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 11:44 am
Midweek Memories

Saturday, May 27, 2017 (Hour 1)

Open line with Ron and Alex.

With fanciful comments about Ron's next restaurant (25:57).

https://www.detroitmoviepalaces.com/ima ... 717_OL.mp3

Saturday, May 27, 2017 (Hour 2)

Interview with Jerry Green.

https://www.detroitmoviepalaces.com/ima ... yGreen.mp3
Thanks for the midweek memory, as we count down to the reboot of reboots this Saturday

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue May 09, 2023 12:00 pm

radiofan1974 wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 7:19 pm
Bob Paige just responded to a post on Rons Twitter account-basically saying Ron can’t type who is this writing this stuff?
Bob Page: So, cuz we all know Ronnie does not write this stuff - he never learned to type! Um, who are you?

RonCameronSportsTalk: You're jealous of my tweets?

This bantering brings back great memories of the 80s.

Dan in Northville

Post by Dan in Northville » Tue May 09, 2023 2:26 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Midweek Memories

Great show. I just love Ron and his restaurant talk. This one was the great location downriver....."downriver has been great for me". So since he's tired of driving "80 to 100 miles a day", his latest scheme is to buy (with what I don't know) this restaurant downriver and live in the motel next door. Then he can hang out at the restaurant and talk sports. Brilliant idea, Ron, Keep us informed when the deal closes "next week",

sparty89

Post by sparty89 » Tue May 09, 2023 6:01 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Midweek Memories

Ron is a lot more sluggish than he was six years ago.

Some things are evergreen:
Dickerson and Price are a joke.
Cabrera has got to go.
Cowboy with random death notices and birthday mentions. (Yeah, I know.)
Ron speculating on the health issues of various past guests, living and dead.
PBP of the Tiger game and MLB score updates.

edj

Post by edj » Tue May 09, 2023 8:17 pm

I’ve just received from a nameless source the list of topics Ron plans on covering. Not necessarily in order:

Slamming WDTK/ WPON made him a great offer
Tigers terrible PR
No caravans or buses from out state
Evan “Petzgold” was hired right out of high school
Combero has been done for five years and is out of shape
Jake Rogers is the key to this team winning 70 games (never mind they are nearly .500 right now)
Pistons should have drafted Haliburton

I have not confirmed if there will be a guest for his triumphant return to radio

I will say WPON is dropping the ball. You would think landing a star such as Ron would warrant a full page story on the homepage.

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue May 09, 2023 8:32 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Midweek Memories

The back & forth between the easily confused Ron & Cowboy over an "eight-inning complete game" was amusing.

Ron quoted his favorite phiosophers from his "favorite" show, Amos & Andy. The master of the segue said, "They're all dead now. Jim Bunning died, & that is a shame." Bunning had been on Ron's show the prior summer. Ron said he probably suffered his stroke right after being on his show. Another casualty of associating with Ron.

"This is a sports show" Ron pleaded with John (note that he was not being referenced to then as "Stuttering John") to call so they could talk about his support Trump. Which led to talk about what Trump tried to do to the Lidles. whom Ron referred to as "family." Ron repeated how he could've been on Cory's doomed flight, while adding that Trump tried to sue the family, claiming the crash was intentional. More fiction. Of course, Ron has on occasion seemed to support this alleged theory by stating that Cory committed suicide.

Ron's fanboy obsession with Mikie Mahtook was then in full bloom

Dan in Northville

Post by Dan in Northville » Tue May 09, 2023 8:40 pm

edj wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 8:17 pm
I’ve just received from a nameless source the list of topics Ron plans on covering. Not necessarily in order:

Tigers terrible PR
Jake Rogers is the key to this team winning 70 games (never mind they are nearly .500 right now)

I have not confirmed if there will be a guest for his triumphant return to radio

I will say WPON is dropping the ball. You would think landing a star such as Ron would warrant a full page story on the homepage.
Don't forget.........

Denny Crum
Joe Kapp
Vida Blue
Petr Klima
Lance Blanks

Will Ron acknowledge a recent conversation with any of them?

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Wed May 10, 2023 9:51 am

Jake Rogers being interviewed on the other “sports station” Tread easy Jake, you don’t want to be in Rons doghouse

Majik

Post by Majik » Wed May 10, 2023 11:03 am

As the mellifluous tones of Ronnie breach the airwaves once again this weekend, I envision an attack on anyone that would dare question his total commitment to racial harmony, perhaps even saying he identifies as black. I can see Ron excessively patting himself on the back for having many many African American guests on his show.

In true Cameron revisionist fashion, Ron will be regaling his fans with tales of marching for civil rights arm in arm with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr on June 23, 1963 in Detroit and suggesting the I have a dream phrase to Dr. King, to help spice up his speech.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed May 10, 2023 11:24 am

Momo wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 8:32 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Midweek Memories

The back & forth between the easily confused Ron & Cowboy over an "eight-inning complete game" was amusing.

Ron quoted his favorite phiosophers from his "favorite" show, Amos & Andy. The master of the segue said, "They're all dead now. Jim Bunning died, & that is a shame." Bunning had been on Ron's show the prior summer. Ron said he probably suffered his stroke right after being on his show. Another casualty of associating with Ron.

"This is a sports show" Ron pleaded with John (note that he was not being referenced to then as "Stuttering John") to call so they could talk about his support Trump. Which led to talk about what Trump tried to do to the Lidles. whom Ron referred to as "family." Ron repeated how he could've been on Cory's doomed flight, while adding that Trump tried to sue the family, claiming the crash was intentional. More fiction. Of course, Ron has on occasion seemed to support this alleged theory by stating that Cory committed suicide.

Ron's fanboy obsession with Mikie Mahtook was then in full bloom
At 52:29, it was interesting to hear Ron talk about his old/new/old/new ad infinitum station WPON's commitment to moving their tower. I wonder if that ever happened.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed May 10, 2023 11:46 am

Majik wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 11:03 am
As the mellifluous tones of Ronnie breach the airwaves once again this weekend, I envision an attack on anyone that would dare question his total commitment to racial harmony, perhaps even saying he identifies as black. I can see Ron excessively patting himself on the back for having many many African American guests on his show.

In true Cameron revisionist fashion, Ron will be regaling his fans with tales of marching for civil rights arm in arm with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr on June 23, 1963 in Detroit and suggesting the I have a dream phrase to Dr. King, to help spice up his speech.
Maybe Ron will give his long-awaited "I Have a Bizarre Fantasy" speech, in which he utters the Bartlett's-worthy phrase:

"I have a bizarre fantasy that I will one day live in a nation where I will not be judged by the reality of my accomplishments but by the delusional nature of my intentions."

Deleted User 15924

Post by Deleted User 15924 » Wed May 10, 2023 1:48 pm

The most anticipated event ever.
The Ron Cameron Premier Party.
This Saturday starting at noon.
The Tiki Bar.
142 E Walled Lake Dr, Walled Lake, MI 48390.
Ron eats free. His show will be live in the bar. C'mon and join in the merriment.

https://thebeachtikibar.com/about/

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Wed May 10, 2023 2:21 pm

Round Six wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 1:48 pm
The most anticipated event ever.
The Ron Cameron Premier Party.
This Saturday starting at noon.
The Tiki Bar.
142 E Walled Lake Dr, Walled Lake, MI 48390.
Ron eats free. His show will be live in the bar. C'mon and join in the merriment.

https://thebeachtikibar.com/about/
Will some of Ron’s celebrated female audience be there?
I have the feeling Meredith may be one of those “cougar”-types!

Dan in Northville

Post by Dan in Northville » Wed May 10, 2023 3:16 pm

Dan in Northville wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 8:40 pm
edj wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 8:17 pm

Tigers terrible PR

Don't forget.........

Denny Crum
Joe Kapp
Vida Blue
Petr Klima
Lance Blanks

Will Ron acknowledge a recent conversation with any of them?
Add ex-Lion Ed Flanagan to the list. 1965-1974, looks to be right in Ron's sweet spot.

Deleted User 15924

Post by Deleted User 15924 » Wed May 10, 2023 4:46 pm

uncleb67 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 2:21 pm
Will some of Ron’s celebrated female audience be there?
I have the feeling Meredith may be one of those “cougar”-types!
Sorry Ron. No lap dances. No lap.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic