Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bobbert

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Bobbert » Sun May 26, 2024 11:25 am

Watching the Tigers on my PC on the Roku Channel right now. If Ron had been doing an 11 a.m. Sunday show, it would have been fun to hear him and Martin try to find the channel on their studio computer, if that was possible. If they couldn't find it, the callers could give the play by play.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun May 26, 2024 3:33 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 11:25 am
Watching the Tigers on my PC on the Roku Channel right now. If Ron had been doing an 11 a.m. Sunday show, it would have been fun to hear him and Martin try to find the channel on their studio computer, if that was possible. If they couldn't find it, the callers could give the play by play.
I’m imagining the latter scenario. And oh how this would have added to the absurdity that defined Ron’s show. We wuz robbed by his unexpected death.

Majik

Post by Majik » Sun May 26, 2024 10:43 pm

Momo wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 3:33 pm
Bobbert wrote:
I’m imagining the latter scenario. And oh how this would have added to the absurdity that defined Ron’s show. We wuz robbed by his unexpected death.
Yeah, he lives on in how we can conjure up absurd scenarios on how it would have gone down on Sports Talk With Ron Cameron featuring Ron Cameron. It might be a classic case of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts. Or would it be the whole being more warped than the minus of its parts…Whatever, he was the gift that keeps on giving.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Mon May 27, 2024 11:30 am

Majik wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 10:43 pm
Momo wrote:
Bobbert wrote:
Yeah, he lives on in how we can conjure up absurd scenarios on how it would have gone down on Sports Talk With Ron Cameron featuring Ron Cameron. It might be a classic case of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts. Or would it be the whole being more warped than the minus of its parts…Whatever, he was the gift that keeps on giving.
I imagined Kurt calling in and saying to Ron, "The Tigers are on the Roku channel, whatever that it is, maybe it's the station that usually does Japanese games."

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon May 27, 2024 12:20 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 11:30 am
Majik wrote:
Momo wrote:
Bobbert wrote:
I imagined Kurt calling in and saying to Ron, "The Tigers are on the Roku channel, whatever that it is, maybe it's the station that usually does Japanese games."
"Roku," Ron, the inveterate '60s TV fan, would ask, "wasn't she that Japanese girl who used to be a regular on talk shows?!"

https://www.facebook.com/10006421065004 ... 8768/?_rdr

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Mon May 27, 2024 1:42 pm

Thanks you to all those that have served in the service on the Memorial day

Also with this holiday, listening to some of the sports shows on the radio today it was always a adventure when Ron’s show fell near or on a holiday

Who can forget the Christmas or new year extravaganza shows or insert holiday of your choice

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon May 27, 2024 2:49 pm

radiofan1974 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 1:42 pm

Also with this holiday, listening to some of the sports shows on the radio today it was always a adventure when Ron’s show fell near or on a holiday

Who can forget the Christmas or new year extravaganza shows or insert holiday of your choice
Yes, Memorial Day, a holiday of which - in the 2020 Covid-shortened baseball season - Ron exhibited a certain lack of familiarity..

Majik

Post by Majik » Mon May 27, 2024 9:41 pm

Momo wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 2:49 pm
radiofan1974 wrote:

Yes, Memorial Day, a holiday of which - in the 2020 Covid-shortened baseball season - Ron exhibited a certain lack of familiarity..
Is anyone else reading this and the orchestra in the back of the mind is playing the old Bob Hope theme song Thanks For The Memories?

edj

Post by edj » Mon May 27, 2024 9:47 pm

Baez would clearly be the new Combero. Ripping on him six times a show.

Majik

Post by Majik » Mon May 27, 2024 9:54 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Majik wrote:
Momo wrote:
Bobbert wrote:
I just realized that for me, the worst part of Ron AD is not getting the laughs from reading this board on the regular basis that used to be. I feel a sense of it starting to fade away into the sunset. Before it reaches that state I just want to thank all that have contributed to this place. My favorite place on this wild wacky interwebs.

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue May 28, 2024 9:25 am

Nah, I'm not ready to say goodbye.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue May 28, 2024 11:00 am

Momo wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 2:49 pm
radiofan1974 wrote:

https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 60#p678057

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue May 28, 2024 11:02 am

Momo wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 9:25 am
Nah, I'm not ready to say goodbye.

Another parody proof song, especially the lines:
It's the same old dizzy hang up
Can't do with you or without

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue May 28, 2024 11:06 am

Momo wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 12:20 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Majik wrote:
Momo wrote:
Bobbert wrote:
"Roku," Ron, the inveterate '60s TV fan, would ask, "wasn't she that Japanese girl who used to be a regular on talk shows?!"

https://www.facebook.com/10006421065004 ... 8768/?_rdr
The Toronto starting pitcher on Sunday was Yusei Kikuchi, whose first name is pronounced YOU-SAY.

Either Ron or Kurt would have gone into an off-key rendition of "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off."

"You say KIH-KOOCHI and I say KAYE-KUHCHI..."

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue May 28, 2024 11:15 am

Pat Caputo was talking last night about the Canadian Memorial Cup, which is going on right now—how big a deal it is in Canada, how many NHL players have competed for it, and so on.

It brought back memories of Ron's biggest moment in his formative years as a sports groupie—carrying the Memorial Cup off the ice after a championship victory. I think that was in 1967 with the Toronto Marlboros (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_Memorial_Cup).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic