Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
radiofan1974

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by radiofan1974 » Tue May 02, 2023 12:21 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 9:40 am
Midweek Memories

Sunday, May 21, 2017 (Hour 2)

Interview with former University of Detroit baseball coach and Philly Whiz Kid Bob Miller.

https://www.detroitmoviepalaces.com/ima ... Miller.mp3
Thanks for the midweek memory!

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue May 02, 2023 12:26 pm

radiofan1974 wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 12:21 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 9:40 am
Midweek Memories

Sunday, May 21, 2017 (Hour 2)

Interview with former University of Detroit baseball coach and Philly Whiz Kid Bob Miller.

https://www.detroitmoviepalaces.com/ima ... Miller.mp3
Thanks for the midweek memory!
Sure, no problem. I've got one more weekend of the 2017 shows. I'll post all of them (both open line and interviews) to help us through until Ron finds another station.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue May 02, 2023 12:31 pm

Momo wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 12:19 pm
Momo wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 12:06 pm
Kidcat wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 11:52 am
I believe we have seen the last of Ron Cameron.He has very little options left.Even if WPON takes him back(a very big if)Ron's show depends on him selling ads to sponsors.How many sponsors want their brand being represented by a guy who,was fired from his last gig for using racial slurs.Only Ron could get himself fired from brokered radio.In brokered radio ratings are not important.If the check clears the time slot is yours.Pretty hard to get fired but the dumbest talk show host in the history of Detroit radio managed to accomplish this.Don't let the door hit you on the way out.You,will not be missed.
The many reports of his many “deaths” have been greatly exaggerated. I’m expecting him back in the saddle very soon.
And, thanks to Ron's stranglehold on the local media, no one outside of this Board evens knows what happened.
Maybe that's for the best. In today's Cancel Culture, widespread publicity of what happened would probably mean the complete end of Ron Cameron in Detroit. I'm not sure anyone's ready for that. He's such a force of nature, that an abrupt departure would be a shock to the system. A gradual decline would be much better.
Last edited by Bobbert on Tue May 02, 2023 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

briangoleb14

Post by briangoleb14 » Tue May 02, 2023 12:43 pm

At least he doesn't have to hustle around for ads now..he should enjoy his retirement..by running a restaurant...

edj

Post by edj » Tue May 02, 2023 2:51 pm

@CameronSportsTk

It was a great radio meeting. Stay tuned for the next update. Thank you for your support!

$10 says he's back at WPON, probably weekends. Don't see Ron trying the Friday morning snoozefest again.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Tue May 02, 2023 2:55 pm

edj wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 2:51 pm
@CameronSportsTk

It was a great radio meeting. Stay tuned for the next update. Thank you for your support!

$10 says he's back at WPON, probably weekends. Don't see Ron trying the Friday morning snoozefest again.
Could he be back on WPON by the weekend? As I mentioned earlier, looking at there schedule-if it’s been updated Saturday and Sunday afternoons look open

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Tue May 02, 2023 3:02 pm

I am sure Ron’s latest issue has helped but we hit the 1000 page mark on April 16th, and 60 some pages later in just two weeks, wonder how that rates?

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue May 02, 2023 3:06 pm

edj wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 2:51 pm
@CameronSportsTk

Ron's last stint at WPON included Fridays 11-1.

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue May 02, 2023 3:30 pm

Momo wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 10:28 am
Reading the memoirs of onetime caller Richard Nixon & plotting his next move while holed up in his elegantly-appointed apartment at the Waldorf Astoria, Ron has been bouyed by congratulatory telegrams from admirers & well-wishers spanning the globe. A list that includes Tyrese Haliburton, Al Avila, Chris Ilitch, Billy & Edsel Ford, Rich Kincaide, Terry ("two-strokes") Foster, Denny ("two-strikes") McLain, Phil Regan, Dick Tracewski, Jim Kaat, Bob Delaney, Mark Wilson, Ray Scott, George Blaha, George Sipple, Jake Wood, Ted Kulfan, Paul Woods, Ike Blessitt, beloved callers Cowboy from Windsor & Kurt from Fraser, & the Estate of Bea Arthur.
As the news reaches more people, the telegrams keep flooding in. The most recent arrivals include those from Jake Rogers, Lance Parrish, the Basin League & an organization identified as, "Friends of the Detroit Catholic Baseball League."

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue May 02, 2023 3:33 pm

Assuming Scoop shows back up, I'm thinking the probability is pretty good that will have been the last we heard of Jake Wood, Ike Blessit, Ray Scott, Bruce Fields, any boxers from Kronk, and Two-Strokes Terry as a guest on the program. This self inflicted wound by Ron will thin the herd of the guest list. Maybe Ron would include some listeners into the rotation on the guest list, Kurt from Fraser, Mr. Positive, Chuck from Belleville, the Warren Boys, Buzzboard poster of the week, the polite fella that keeps pulling for the #91 jersey to be retired. Just thoughts, I'm sure Ron would require a free meal to be included in any such arrangement.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Tue May 02, 2023 3:40 pm

Momo wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 3:30 pm
Momo wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 10:28 am
Reading the memoirs of onetime caller Richard Nixon & plotting his next move while holed up in his elegantly-appointed apartment at the Waldorf Astoria, Ron has been bouyed by congratulatory telegrams from admirers & well-wishers spanning the globe. A list that includes Tyrese Haliburton, Al Avila, Chris Ilitch, Billy & Edsel Ford, Rich Kincaide, Terry ("two-strokes") Foster, Denny ("two-strikes") McLain, Phil Regan, Dick Tracewski, Jim Kaat, Bob Delaney, Mark Wilson, Ray Scott, George Blaha, George Sipple, Jake Wood, Ted Kulfan, Paul Woods, Ike Blessitt, beloved callers Cowboy from Windsor & Kurt from Fraser, & the Estate of Bea Arthur.
As the news reaches more people, the telegrams keep flooding in. The most recent arrivals include those from Jake Rogers, Lance Parrish, the Basin League & an organization identified as, "Friends of the Detroit Catholic Baseball League."
Any telegrams from Glen sather?

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Tue May 02, 2023 3:41 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 3:33 pm
Assuming Scoop shows back up, I'm thinking the probability is pretty good that will have been the last we heard of Jake Wood, Ike Blessit, Ray Scott, Bruce Fields, any boxers from Kronk, and Two-Strokes Terry as a guest on the program. This self inflicted wound by Ron will thin the herd of the guest list. Maybe Ron would include some listeners into the rotation on the guest list, Kurt from Fraser, Mr. Positive, Chuck from Belleville, the Warren Boys, Buzzboard poster of the week, the polite fella that keeps pulling for the #91 jersey to be retired. Just thoughts, I'm sure Ron would require a free meal to be included in any such arrangement.
It’s to bad as Ray Scott always makes the best of it with his interviews and the questions Ron throws out

Majik

Post by Majik » Tue May 02, 2023 3:44 pm

If Ron can’t re gig soon, he may not be able to afford food and lodging. I can picture a future of couch surfing in Fraser, Windsor and other outposts.

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue May 02, 2023 3:51 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 3:33 pm
Maybe the likes of a plugged-in Terry Foster would learn of Ron's serious lapse of judgment, but I don't imagine the others would. And the others have a long-standing relation with Ron so I suspect they'd give him the "friend" pass. Jake Wood was present for the story & didn't register any complaint.

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue May 02, 2023 3:53 pm

Majik wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 3:44 pm
If Ron can’t re gig soon, he may not be able to afford food and lodging. I can picture a future of couch surfing in Fraser, Windsor and other outposts.
Food could be an issue, but we've speculated in the past that Ron works the front desk at his various motels in exchange for free lodging.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic