Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
radiofan1974

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by radiofan1974 » Mon May 01, 2023 4:16 pm

Well if this is it for a while until Ron resurfaces again, here are some favorite memories of the Ron Cameron show

Haliburton
Cade Cunningham and lifting weights to much
Jumbotron
Matt shepherd needs a job take
Any show that fell on a holiday
No guts Harbaugh
“Future guests”
Wayne Gretzky story
Catholic league story
Idolized by sports owners

Just to name a few, feel free to add your own

Dan in Northville

Post by Dan in Northville » Mon May 01, 2023 4:21 pm

How about......"I'll have an announcement about the new restaurant by next week"

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon May 01, 2023 4:37 pm

Don't forget "I spoke with (insert former coach, player or sports journalist name here), and the very next day, he passed away."

The alleged conversation almost always happened in the 70s or 80s.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

edj

Post by edj » Mon May 01, 2023 4:48 pm

Jake Rogers should be the everyday catcher. The pitchers love throwing to him.

Blake Griffin doesn't want to play.

Calling Martin an asshole on air.

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Mon May 01, 2023 4:55 pm

Combrero. Al Capone. He's probably banging on Fieger's door...thinking "Hey, he defended Kevorkian...maybe he'll defend me" as soon as I file a "Wrongful Termination" suit against the station. Fieger looked at him and said...Never heard of you Mack. Ron's probably flustered because he can't get hold of Perry Mason, Matlock, or Clarence Darrow. Lee Free and Mike Morse already kicked him out of their building. Word has it he's going to have a séance (sp?) to try to get the ghost of Al Capone in on this.

edj

Post by edj » Mon May 01, 2023 4:57 pm

"Budd Lynch was/would be up in arm"

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon May 01, 2023 5:01 pm

Memories
- "You only have 7 callers"
- "Don't come in on me"
-Numerous on air lambastings of producers
-yelling at producers to look up things on the internet for him and his impatience
- Man crushes of Jake Rogers, Mikie Mahtook
-"Two-strokes Terry" "Stuttering John"
-Umpires are NEVER wrong
- Proudly stating the numerous guests that have kicked the bucket shortly after being on the show
-Personal biasness against Jim Harbaugh/Bo and the program because Harbaugh owed Ron meals and Bo drew the short straw and fired Ernie
- Al Avila - free pass on everything
-Reporting uncorroborated stories in extremely poor taste of numerous sports personalities
-play by play- terrible
-the Master of Disinformation
- "explosive diarrhea"
-having to to do live remotes because he was a health and safety hazard at the Patriot studios- hence he was banned
- former producer Alex being the only one who could keep a leash and muzzle on Ron or at least did a damn good job
- last but not least- being a highly rated program in the late 70's and early 80's but never changing with the times. The definition of being stuck in a time warp and never changing.

briangoleb14

Post by briangoleb14 » Mon May 01, 2023 5:14 pm

More time for a new restaurant now....

ShempLives

Post by ShempLives » Mon May 01, 2023 5:33 pm

I wonder how long until Ron's Wikipedia page is changed to reflect his new status with WDTK? Also, will any newspaper report on Ron's separation from WDTK?

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Mon May 01, 2023 5:38 pm

Ron' probably banging on the door down at The Free Press, yelling at them to do a front page story on this. And the editor's response??? "Never Heard of You Mack"!!!

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Mon May 01, 2023 5:57 pm

I think Ron's best chance of finding employment is WPON.Their standards are pretty low as evidenced by the fact that Martin still,works there.After that Ron is out of luck.Perhaps he could get a short wave radio,and talk sports on that. Another option,would be to get Kurt's and Cowboy's phone number and talk sports with them every weekend.Another suggestion is for Ron to rent a table at the local flea market and talk sports to people as they pass by.

edj

Post by edj » Mon May 01, 2023 6:30 pm

Sima will take anyone as long as the check clears. It doesn’t matter if you have absolutely no talent or issues with him in the past. Maybe he’ll be bold and push for co-owned WNZK instead. They have a better signal overall, and his “old friend” Bob Allison bought time there for many years.

I’ve looked at all of the stations in town. An FM music format is out. WMUZ is probably too expensive. Obviously not 97.1. On the AM side, WJR is too expensive. WWJ won’t sell him time. I don’t think WDFN brokers anymore. Ron’s not driving to Windsor for CKLW or CKWW. WAAM and WTKA Ann Arbor doesn’t reach the east side well. That leaves Sima’s stations, religious, Spanish, and WFDF 910 as the only options.

Dan in Northville

Post by Dan in Northville » Mon May 01, 2023 6:36 pm

Yeah, since there's no way in hell Ron could ever navigate his way into the podcast world, WPON would seem to be his only option. Boy, I'd love to be a fly on the wall during that meeting where he comes crawling back to Sima.

Majik

Post by Majik » Mon May 01, 2023 6:41 pm

I guess now Ron will be known as “The George Wallace of Sports Talk Radio”.

Ron may have painted himself into a corner and now have to resort to doing a podcast if he hope to continue his career. He’d be able to let it all hang out then.

edj

Post by edj » Mon May 01, 2023 6:47 pm

Majik wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 6:41 pm
I guess now Ron will be known as “The George Wallace of Sports Talk Radio”.

Ron may have painted himself into a corner and now have to resort to doing a podcast if he hope to continue his career. He’d be able to let it all hang out then.
Ron doesn’t even know how to look up sports news or stats on the internet. Do you really think he would do a podcast? Martin or someone else would have to run it and his few advertisers and audience will dwindle. He’s not as well knows as he thinks, not by a longshot.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic