Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:57 pm

Jim Kaat's from "New Zealand," Ron. How could you forget?

edj

Post by edj » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:57 pm

Zeeland is now in Upper Michigan?

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:58 pm

Denny McClain=Tiger bashing hour

Future guests include, Jim katt to spring off of the last award winning interview

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:04 pm

Ron invented sports talk radio??? What's next??? Ron invented television??? Ron should have starred in The Ten Commandments...so he could part the Red Sea instead of Charlton Heston?? Ron invented talking movies??? Ron invented flush toilets??? Wow...there's no end to his enormous ego!!!

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:09 pm

Willie108 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:04 pm
Ron invented sports talk radio??? What's next??? Ron invented television??? Ron should have starred in The Ten Commandments...so he could part the Red Sea instead of Charlton Heston?? Ron invented talking movies??? Ron invented flush toilets??? Wow...there's no end to his enormous ego!!!
Pretty impressive for a man who's never owned a can opener.

edj

Post by edj » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:37 pm

Three callers, four if you count Cowboy twice. Pathetic, even for Ron. Advertising seems to be drying up too. Good thing he works seven days a week.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:51 pm

Momo wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:09 pm
Willie108 wrote:
Never thought of that, being he has always lived in hotels, juat imagining the small space that he has resided in all these years.

I am assuming he stays in places with monthly rates??
Last edited by radiofan1974 on Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:20 pm

radiofan1974 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:51 pm
Momo wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:09 pm
Willie108 wrote:
Never thought of that, being he has always lived in hotels, juat imagining the small space that he has resided in all these years.

I am assuming he stays in places with monthly rates??
The can opener reference wasn’t just speculation. I forget the context, but, in one of his stream of consciousness moments, Ron once said he’s never owned one.

As for what Ron pays for his serial motels, he once mentioned working the front desk at one such place, so there’s been conjecture here that that’s another part of his barter lifestyle. That he works the front desk in exchange for his room.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:50 am

Midweek Memories

Saturday, April 29, 2017 (Hour 2)

Interview with Mark Wilson (not sure what happened to Hour 1)

https://www.detroitmoviepalaces.com/ima ... Wilson.mp3

Open Line (April 2017)

https://www.detroitmoviepalaces.com/ima ... il2017.zip

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:11 pm

Ron kept ripping SDSU basketball coach Brian Dutcher saying he looked really old, older than former SDSU and U-M coach Steve Fisher. Dutcher is 63 and Fisher is 78, I don't see it but this criticism coming from Ron who is no Adonis himself I find bewildering. This is another beef I have with Ron who makes fun of "no guts" Harbaugh for the way he speaks, etc. Like Ron is some kind of model of the English language. This sort of nonsense coming from a buffoon, blowhard, egomaniac, disorganized person who lhas lived out of motels for his life, I guess is what captures my attention to how this fella has made a name for himself in this town. It might not be a good name, but damn he's got almost 1,000 pages on buzzboard

Majik

Post by Majik » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:48 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:50 am
Midweek Memories

Saturday, April 29, 2017 (Hour 2)

Interview with Mark Wilson (not sure what happened to Hour 1)

https://www.detroitmoviepalaces.com/ima ... Wilson.mp3
Maybe Hour 1 was a trial run for the Guest Protection Program?

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:32 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:11 pm
Ron kept ripping SDSU basketball coach Brian Dutcher saying he looked really old, older than former SDSU and U-M coach Steve Fisher. Dutcher is 63 and Fisher is 78, I don't see it but this criticism coming from Ron who is no Adonis himself I find bewildering. This is another beef I have with Ron who makes fun of "no guts" Harbaugh for the way he speaks, etc. Like Ron is some kind of model of the English language. This sort of nonsense coming from a buffoon, blowhard, egomaniac, disorganized person who lhas lived out of motels for his life, I guess is what captures my attention to how this fella has made a name for himself in this town. It might not be a good name, but damn he's got almost 1,000 pages on buzzboard
I disagree that Ron has made a name for himself in this townThe reason he has almost 1000 posts is because a few posters make numerous posts during and after the train wreck that he calls a sports talk show.Ron has very few listeners. Most people do not know who Ron Cameron is.

Majik

Post by Majik » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:56 pm

Kidcat wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:32 pm
Mr.Transistor wrote:
I disagree that Ron has made a name for himself in this townThe reason he has almost 1000 posts is because a few posters make numerous posts during and after the train wreck that he calls a sports talk show.Ron has very few listeners. Most people do not know who Ron Cameron is.
I kind of think that most of us that pay any attention to RC are anticipating the train wreck that will finally finish this doofus off. Maybe someday a caller or guest or a producer or some station lackey or management will confront this boor on air and we will get an epic finale to the longest running train wreck in broadcasting history. I rarely get a chance to listen live, so I hope that someone will have a recorder going when it happens. I participate here because I find many of the posters quite entertaining.

As far as his relevance goes, I would think that if you asked every member of the four major teams in town about him, fewer than 10 would even know who he is. He is the living definition of “ a legend in his own mind.” Most people that knew of him back in WXYZ days would probably be surprised to know he is still around, let alone still alive.

Apologies to Mr.P, but Our Boy is actually “the Tiny Tim of Sports Talk Radio”

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:29 pm

Kidcat wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:32 pm
Mr.Transistor wrote:
Specifically made a name for himself in the late 70's, early 80's. Anyone that was aware of him back then is dead or goes by the name of Cowboy, Kurt, Mark, or that other cheesehead that hates the buzz board and a few of us here. Today, I agree you're lucky to find a handful of people who know who this buffoon is.

edj

Post by edj » Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:33 pm

I can think of exactly one person in my life outside of relatives and close friends (because they’ve listened to him with me) who knows who Ron is. He remembers him from WXYZ but still listens on rare occasions, so he tells me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic