Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

NO Detroit Tigers :(

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
SolidGoldDancers

Re: NO Detroit Tigers :(

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:13 pm

A1B1C1D1 wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:17 pm
Sholmes wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:17 pm
I head MLB has a plan with their app to open up all the games if the RSN does go under

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
In truth I think this is impossible! There is a prestige factor in carrying sports which would be lost if the league carried all the games on its own carrier. The economic reality becomes which fans are willing to pay for a package of games or an entire league pass. With Philo and Sling chipping away at basic cable packages, baseball would wind up in the premium packages.
Prestige for whom, the teams? Easier definitely, but I don't think it brings any prestige.

I like sports, but I don't like sports enough to pay $90 a month for them, or pay that to get the few channels I would watch. The days of the TV viewing population subsidizing sports are rapidly drawing to a close and not only do the sports teams need to reconcile that, but they'll also going to have to figure out why I should pay for programming that is also chocked full of advertising.

I'm definitely over college football games taking nearly four hours, and I don't pay for the ones I watch as their over the air. The NHL has pretty much made the game the second most important product with their animated advertising on the boards, so again why am I paying to watch the game?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic