Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bobbert

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Bobbert » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:07 pm

I'm listening to Mr. Positive's dissertation on the abortion debate. He ventured into Kurt's and Ron's world of malapropisms by using the word zeitgeist instead of zygote.

Momo

Post by Momo » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:10 pm

^ I picked up on that, too. But close enough for government work.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:48 pm

ShempLives wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:43 am
After listening to an on-air recording of the first hour of June 26, 2022's cavalcade of incompetence, I believe I can put to rest my suspicion of Ron's comments being "too hot to handle" for WDTK's podcasts. As the first few moments after "We Are the Champions" were dead air and efforts to contact Denny McLain had the sounds of dial tones battling with Mr. Cameron's show later in that ill-fated first hour, labeling the last two hours as "Hour 1, 2 and 3" is a continuation of the tone involving the broadcast. The host's comments about television management not wanting "professionalism" with Tiger announcers seemed quite ironic.
Yes, professionalism is a synonym for Ron Cameron :rollin
So the Sunday show falling on 4th of July weekend makes me wonder if this Kirk Maltby as guest will actually come to fruition or will it be another Sunday of promises, promises. I can think of countless sports stars that would nothing else but take an hour out of their Sunday night on the 4th of July weekend and spend it with blowhard Ron Cameron. This leads me to believe that Ron really wanted Stevie Y but Stevie using his delegation authority gave it to Kirk Maltby or maybe between Kirk Maltby and Kris Draper and Maltby just drew the short straw. Maybe Kirk Maltby will let Ron aka Scoop in one the new Red Wings head coach. Derek Lalonde? Jeff Halpern?

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:05 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:48 pm
ShempLives wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:43 am
After listening to an on-air recording of the first hour of June 26, 2022's cavalcade of incompetence, I believe I can put to rest my suspicion of Ron's comments being "too hot to handle" for WDTK's podcasts. As the first few moments after "We Are the Champions" were dead air and efforts to contact Denny McLain had the sounds of dial tones battling with Mr. Cameron's show later in that ill-fated first hour, labeling the last two hours as "Hour 1, 2 and 3" is a continuation of the tone involving the broadcast. The host's comments about television management not wanting "professionalism" with Tiger announcers seemed quite ironic.
Yes, professionalism is a synonym for Ron Cameron :rollin
So the Sunday show falling on 4th of July weekend makes me wonder if this Kirk Maltby as guest will actually come to fruition or will it be another Sunday of promises, promises. I can think of countless sports stars that would nothing else but take an hour out of their Sunday night on the 4th of July weekend and spend it with blowhard Ron Cameron. This leads me to believe that Ron really wanted Stevie Y but Stevie using his delegation authority gave it to Kirk Maltby or maybe between Kirk Maltby and Kris Draper and Maltby just drew the short straw. Maybe Kirk Maltby will let Ron aka Scoop in one the new Red Wings head coach. Derek Lalonde? Jeff Halpern?
That seems to be the consensus among the buzzboard followers is that being it’s a holiday weekend, would not be a shocker if there was no Maltby and it was three hours of open lines

If Mr Maltby, does appear as a guest, would be great to hear what his thoughts were in the recent ESPN doc in wings/avs

Momo

Post by Momo » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:43 pm

radiofan1974 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:05 pm
If Mr Maltby, does appear as a guest, would be great to hear what his thoughts were in the recent ESPN doc in wings/avs
We know Ron's motel gets BuzzR TV, his favorite channel, but does it get ESPN?

ShempLives

Post by ShempLives » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:57 am

Ron may be correct regarding Mike Illitch's academic progress. While Wikipedia's entry for Mr. Illitch states he was a graduate of Cooley High School, the footnoted source only makes reference to his "attending Cooley."

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:22 am

Ron should do a version of this song. The question is, would he handle the main part of the lyrics, naming all the people he's met, or should he play the Judy Holliday part, with:

"...and Gabe Kapler!"
"...and Mike Ilitch!"
"...and Ken Holland!"

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:10 pm

Definitely the Judy Holliday part for our Broadway star, the Lyin' King!

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:13 pm

Try to imagine Ron sublimating his ego such that he, like Terry Foster, could share the stage with younger people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X3I9uuQmSs

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:39 pm

Momo wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:13 pm
Try to imagine Ron sublimating his ego such that he, like Terry Foster, could share the stage with younger people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X3I9uuQmSs
Alex is probably the only younger person who Ron treats with any real respect. And Alex has had to learn how to take Ron's wild verbal punches.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:26 am

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the pre Fourth of July edition of Sportstalk pretalk, where we try to summarize in a buzzboard way what hard hitting topics will be discussed

Will Kurt Maltby appear in tonight’s show and if so will there be a discussion on the recent wings/avs documentary or will the discussion continue on how the illitches idolize him
Side note-will Ron agree with Chris illitch who said this week, he is likening the progress of his current 30-46 Tigers

Will there be a special 4th of July edition of the player letter game by Kurt?

The USFL championship is tonight will there be play by play by the only non homer in the business

Will the continues bashing of one Matt shepherd continue by R sizzle and his non fact statements of him finding no work if for some reason he left the tigers continue?

Will The PR crusade continue against the Tigers

As we move now in July will we continue to hear
About various guests who will be coming on in “a few weeks”

Please add your thoughts on the fastest, longest running sports show radio show!

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:21 am

radiofan1974 wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:26 am
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the pre Fourth of July edition of Sportstalk pretalk, where we try to summarize in a buzzboard way what hard hitting topics will be discussed

Will Kurt Maltby appear in tonight’s show and if so will there be a discussion on the recent wings/avs documentary or will the discussion continue on how the illitches idolize him
Side note-will Ron agree with Chris illitch who said this week, he is likening the progress of his current 30-46 Tigers

Will there be a special 4th of July edition of the player letter game by Kurt?

The USFL championship is tonight will there be play by play by the only non homer in the business

Will the continues bashing of one Matt shepherd continue by R sizzle and his non fact statements of him finding no work if for some reason he left the tigers continue?

Will The PR crusade continue against the Tigers

As we move now in July will we continue to hear
About various guests who will be coming on in “a few weeks”

Please add your thoughts on the fastest, longest running sports show radio show!
The worst three hours of the week for PR guy Colangelo.

Will Ron confuse the holiday?

Will Cowboy inform us that his (69th) birthday is on Wednesday?

If Maltby shows, how soon does the "interview" devolve into the "did/do you know" round of questioning, designed wholly to showcase Ron's breadth of contacts?! I'm curious to learn if Maltby ever got the chance to meet Jack Adams.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:32 am

Here's a programming idea for Ron. Why not take a page from the Night of 100 Stars & have a Night of 100 Guests?! In rapid succession, Ron can announce each of his many promised guests to the sound of canned applause. "Phil Regan ... Dick Tracewski ... Jim Leyland ... Bob Delaney ..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkgaJobbIPg

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:03 am

Momo wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:32 am
Here's a programming idea for Ron. Why not take a page from the Night of 100 Stars & have a Night of 100 Guests?! In rapid succession, Ron can announce each of his many promised guests to the sound of canned applause. "Phil Regan ... Dick Tracewski ... Jim Leyland ... Bob Delaney ..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkgaJobbIPg
Which of course would lead off with Arnold Slominski, whose name is known from coast to coast.

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:05 am

I'm curious if Ron will ask Maltby is he ever met Syd Howe or Terry Sawchuck. If Maltby stiffs him again, Ron will mysteriously lose his phone number????

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic