Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bobbert

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Bobbert » Mon May 02, 2022 10:54 pm

Warriorstrong13 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:13 pm
Thanks for these shows! Ron’s never evolved his show from 1988. It’s the same format to this day! I’ve tried to assist him with building a more of a modern show with some structure but he of course shut that down immediately. I still love to sit in with Ron occasionally. You have to respect the fact that he’s been in the market for so long.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue May 03, 2022 9:34 am

Warriorstrong13 wrote:
Thanks for these shows! Ron’s never evolved his show from 1988. It’s the same format to this day! I’ve tried to assist him with building more of a modern show with some structure but he of course shut that down immediately. I still love to sit in with Ron occasionally. You have to respect the fact that he’s been in the market for so long.
You've summed up things well, which means a lot, because of your experience with Ron. His resistance to change and his longevity are two sides of the same coin. There's a thin line between stubbornness and persistence.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue May 03, 2022 1:04 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 9:34 am
Warriorstrong13 wrote:
Thanks for these shows! Ron’s never evolved his show from 1988. It’s the same format to this day! I’ve tried to assist him with building more of a modern show with some structure but he of course shut that down immediately. I still love to sit in with Ron occasionally. You have to respect the fact that he’s been in the market for so long.
You've summed up things well, which means a lot, because of your experience with Ron. His resistance to change and his longevity are two sides of the same coin. There's a thin line between stubbornness and persistence.
Luke, thanks for trying. Oh what could have been.... if you inserted yourself into the picture with changes you would have fell into the bucket of other producers that have tried to help our partner out and have had some on air arguments. It has made for some great material in this thread, quite frankly like watching a train wreck happen. Well so we are stuck with 80's Ron forever and ever. Here is what should be Ron's theme song for his final show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w019MzRosmk

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue May 03, 2022 2:08 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 1:04 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Warriorstrong13 wrote:
Luke, thanks for trying. Oh what could have been.... if you inserted yourself into the picture with changes you would have fell into the bucket of other producers that have tried to help our partner out and have had some on air arguments. It has made for some great material in this thread, quite frankly like watching a train wreck happen. Well so we are stuck with 80's Ron forever and ever. Here is what should be Ron's theme song for his final show

That would be perfect, especially the phrase "not in a shy way".

Majik

Post by Majik » Tue May 03, 2022 2:26 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 2:08 pm
Mr.Transistor wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 1:04 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Warriorstrong13 wrote:

That would be perfect, especially the phrase "not in a shy way".
I am thinking the Sid Vicious version might be a little more apropos for our subject matter.

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Tue May 03, 2022 3:01 pm

This weeks podcast is up.Thank you WDTK for getting them up so quickly.I am so glad that you fired Martin.

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Tue May 03, 2022 7:09 pm

I am proposing that an exchange be made.Momo's lifetime ban to be lifted and replaced by a lifetime ban of Cowboy.Momo's post are informative and entertaining.His calls to Ron would make for great radio.On the other hand Cowboy brings nothing to the show.Banning him would be addition by subtraction.Mr Positive I am begging you to try and broker this deal.

Majik

Post by Majik » Tue May 03, 2022 8:49 pm

With it recently being inferred that the rambunctious radio rapscallion has migrated back downriver, I wonder if we may soon hear a read something like this by Ron “The Mack” Cameron for a new sponsor to the show:

“…….Ok Kurt, call back next hour I may be able to fit you in. We have lots of callers waiting, but first I want to tell you about a new….( sounds of shuffling papers), …um, oh here it is, sponsor …as you may have heard, …….I don’t know how this information gets put out there…I have a suspicion, but I’m not gonna say right now… I guess it’s all part of being so prominent in the public eye……I have recently got remov…..er, ….relocated back to my former digs downriver. As I was carrying my duffel bag to the Presidential Suite at the infamous Waldork Hysterical, I ran into a nice lady, probably one of my many female listeners. So this dame, Trixie, is standing in the parking lot of the motel. She comments on how handsome I am and wants to know if I am interested in a date. Well I explained that I am sorry, I have some old tv shows to catch up on. Well, she persists, said she really needs a date, rent is due and tomorrow is the tenth already. I ask where would we go on a date? A ball game? Maybe bowling? or maybe dinner at the greezy spoon a couple of blocks down the street? ……..I’m actually thinking of buying that place. I have to check out a couple of things ….but there should be a major announcement real soon on it….Well Trixie said we didn’t have to do any of that, we could hang out in my room, have a good time. She would make it worth my while. Things have been tough lately. She really needs some dates. Suddenly I put two and one together. I can see she is in need of my services. I told her she needs to advertise to help boost business. I can get the word out for her, as I have the longest running talk show of any kind in existence of the entire cosmos. In fact, it predates the Big Bang. Although my listenership is mostly female, I do have a loyal devoted following among men too. So guys, if you find that maybe you are spending too much time alone, or maybe the wife or Miss Michigan just don’t get the job done anymore, then Trixie may be just what the doctor offered. Trixie’s imitate, uh, intimate, personal services offers an extensive menu to chose from.

Macaroni in a pot, tacos, or maybe you might like to sample the fresh she food, or fur burgers, I recommend medium rare with pink inside, pork butt served hot doggie style. Start your experience with some clam chowder, I like that garnished with plenty of Blumpkin seed. Head cheese, bean dip, ladyfingers or buttered muffins, (sniffle wheeze cough)…. also Trixie offers a jerky appetizer. Ask for the Sailor’s plate of…oh,……that’s the sailor’s cup of tea.
A fan favorite is chicken head with tossed salad included. Or maybe you want to head straight for the dessert menu, WHAT, ……..no,no,no, over there……I told you,…don’t tell me, this is MY show….……..folks, I’m telling you, good help is hard to find with all of the extra compensation people are still getting……the dessert menu, featuring Trixie’s Popped cherry turnover, the hair pie, or glazed donut holes. And, Roxy now offers Hostess snowballs.
Catholics customers can celebrate Lent with the all you can eat tuna special on Fridays. And don’t forget, Twofer Tuesdays, bring a friend, two for the price of one. There is room for everybody at Trixie, home of the spacious booth.
If you are on a tight schedule, Trixie offers a quick in and out experience. You can also schedule home delivery. Or try the new location anywhere along the I-75 service drive. Open 24 hours. That’s Trixie intimate personal services. You tired the, you tired ….you tried the best now try the rest….. Um…. You try the rest now try some best.
Trixie Personal Services.
OK we have all lines open….. you got one…who is it now…..oh,….Cowboy from Windsor calling back….welcome back Cowboy… Hey Ronnie, did you know that tomorrow is Trixie’s 69th birthday….

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue May 03, 2022 9:25 pm

Majik, any chance that Trixie also plies her trade in Windsor & was recently making her services available to Cowboy? And that she's a veteran of Ron's onetime sponsor, the Larry Flynt Gentleman's Club?

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Tue May 03, 2022 9:27 pm

Hahahah Majik for the win!

Majik

Post by Majik » Tue May 03, 2022 11:00 pm

Momo wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 9:25 pm
Majik, any chance that Trixie also plies her trade in Windsor & was recently making her services available to Cowboy? And that she's a veteran of Ron's onetime sponsor, the Larry Flynt Gentleman's Club?
Momo, I can neither confirm or deny any of this.

Momo

Post by Momo » Wed May 04, 2022 8:54 am

Kidcat wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 7:09 pm
I am proposing that an exchange be made.Momo's lifetime ban to be lifted and replaced by a lifetime ban of Cowboy.Momo's post are informative and entertaining.His calls to Ron would make for great radio.On the other hand Cowboy brings nothing to the show.Banning him would be addition by subtraction.Mr Positive I am begging you to try and broker this deal.
Thanks for the kind words, Kidcat, but when I found myself on-air, raising my voice & calling Ron, "a liar," I began to realize my time would be better spent than directly engaging Ron. And don't get me started about the time Ron threatened to take down my number & sic the cops on me.

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Wed May 04, 2022 9:32 am

Momo wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 8:54 am
Kidcat wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 7:09 pm
Thanks for the kind words, Kidcat, but when I found myself on-air, raising my voice & calling Ron, "a liar," I began to realize my time would be better spent than directly engaging Ron. And don't get me started about the time Ron threatened to take down my number & sic the cops on me.
Wow.Looks like you both got under each others skin.I don't blame you for not wanting to call in.I wouldn't either.Keep up the great posts Momo.They are more entertaining than Ron's show.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed May 04, 2022 9:40 am

Funny story, Majik, especially the punch line from Cowboy. Ron has probably bartered his way to a little action through the years, with sponsors like Larry Flynt's Gentleman's Club, the Schvitz bathhouse, and Loving Touch. Then there are the "contacts" he might have developed as night manager at the Fort Shelby Hotel.

Majik

Post by Majik » Wed May 04, 2022 11:18 am

Bobbert wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 9:40 am
Funny story, Majik, especially the punch line from Cowboy. Ron has probably bartered his way to a little action through the years, with sponsors like Larry Flynt's Gentleman's Club, the Schvitz bathhouse, and Loving Touch. Then there are the "contacts" he might have developed as night manager at the Fort Shelby Hotel.
Thanks, Bobbert.

When someone posted a couple of weeks ago that RC might be back to a fleabag motel downriver, my mind conjured up this scenario. With the midweek traffic on this board being pretty slow the last couple of weeks I thought I’d add a little humor, inspired by the lyric parodies from you and others. I guess it’s getting stale around here. We need an epic meltdown from our zero.

Knowing how loose RC plays with the facts, I have a hard time believing him as the night manager at the Fort. I picture him as more of a bellboy ala Sting in Quadrophenia.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic