Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Ed Klee

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Ed Klee » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:11 pm

Ron was at his best when Bob Page was on with him, it's been down hill ever since!

I am ordinary American!

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:41 pm

Ed Klee wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:11 pm
Ron was at his best when Bob Page was on with him, it's been down hill ever since!
We have a winner!

Majik

Post by Majik » Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:08 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:19 pm
Hey Ron

(A Beatlesque take on Coach Ron)

(Additions to fadeout are welcome)
Blah, Blah, Blah,... Blah Blah Blah ....ha, ...Blah Blah Blah...ha. Hey Ron.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:10 pm

Momo wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:23 pm
Another inspired offering, Bobbert!

I was talking at length with a friend - a non-Sports Talk listener, btw - who, aware of the continuing popularity of this thread, thinks there's a future film that could be done covering the arc of the life of America's longest-running sports talk show host. He has in mind something like The Wrestler. As for what could be a triumphal coda to the film, I suggested Ron's (completely fanciful) induction to the Michigan Sports HOF.
Thanks. I was driving around during lunch and "On the Road Again" by Canned Heat came on the radio. I had to switch it off before another obvious parody about Ron took root in my brain.

Ron's life and career are definitely a movie or TV show waiting to be made.
Last edited by Bobbert on Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:13 pm

Majik wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:08 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:19 pm
Hey Ron

(A Beatlesque take on Coach Ron)

(Additions to fadeout are welcome)
Blah, Blah, Blah,... Blah Blah Blah ....ha, ...Blah Blah Blah...ha. Hey Ron.
Good one. We could finish up the song with that one, with random snips of Ron's rambling replacing Paul McCartney's improvising in the original song.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:17 pm

Momo wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:41 pm
Ed Klee wrote:
We have a winner!
He gets a copy of The Science of Hitting, by Ted Williams, the last .400 hitter. Denny McLain immortalized that book during a recent interview with Ron, when he told about Ted handing that book out to all his players when he managed the Washington Senators (including Denny McLain).

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:36 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:17 pm
Momo wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:41 pm
Ed Klee wrote:
We have a winner!
He gets a copy of The Science of Hitting, by Ted Williams, the last .400 hitter. Denny McLain immortalized that book during a recent interview with Ron, when he told about Ted handing that book out to all his players when he managed the Washington Senators (including Denny McLain).
After seeing this post, I just read The Science of Hitting. A very interesting and quick read.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:08 pm

Getting my pre show thoughts ready for Tomorrow morning, Denny McClain the guest tomorrow, maybe, possibly according to Ron. I am sure we will get a break down after the MLB deal that the owners will be applying for finical assistance, and I am sure Denny will have nothing positive to say about the tigers.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:38 am

Happy Sunday on the Daylight savings edition of the sports talk preview edition:

It’s Sunday, so let’s get those thoughts for tonight’s show started. Will Ron be late or arrive early for tonight’s show, will his driver keep him on time?

Tonight’s guest, possibly Denny Mcclain. I am guessing tonight’s topics as I discussed yesterday will be a riveting segment on this deal is the end of the owners being able to provide for there families and how Denny hates the Tigers. Though Ron will interject as he is close confidants with the illitches with his past dinners with them as he has noted

Will we continues to get a few new or old caller calling back who have been away for a while. Will callers challenge Ron on his defense of MLB owners and get the hook from him

Will the Windsor callers continue to call in (cowboy and I apologize can’t remember the other gentlemens name) continue to call in and give a perspective unique to our neighbors in Canada

Just some of my thoughts for tonight’s show….what are yours, see you tonight on the longest running sports talk radio show

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:51 am

radiofan1974 wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:38 am
Happy Sunday on the Daylight savings edition of the sports talk preview edition:

It’s Sunday, so let’s get those thoughts for tonight’s show started. Will Ron be late or arrive early for tonight’s show, will his driver keep him on time?

Tonight’s guest, possibly Denny Mcclain. I am guessing tonight’s topics as I discussed yesterday will be a riveting segment on this deal is the end of the owners being able to provide for there families and how Denny hates the Tigers. Though Ron will interject as he is close confidants with the illitches with his past dinners with them as he has noted

Will we continues to get a few new or old caller calling back who have been away for a while. Will callers challenge Ron on his defense of MLB owners and get the hook from him

Will the Windsor callers continue to call in (cowboy and I apologize can’t remember the other gentlemens name) continue to call in and give a perspective unique to our neighbors in Canada

Just some of my thoughts for tonight’s show….what are yours, see you tonight on the longest running sports talk radio show
IF Denny's a guest, will there be anything more to be said of the duo's future plans, about which there was talk of an upcoming meeting when Denny last guested?

Will Cowboy address his current living situation after seeing that the old CBC report was raised during last week's show?

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:05 am

radiofan1974 wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:38 am

Will Mr. Positive ascend to the same rhetorical heights that he achieved last week when he described a 56-point game by LeBron James as "orgasmic"?

With St. Patrick's Day around the corner, will Kurt from Fraser query Ron about major league baseball players born in Ireland?

How many of Denny's rambling monologues will Ron interrupt with updates from the March Madness selection committee?

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:11 am

Momo wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:51 am
Will Cowboy address his current living situation after seeing that the old CBC report was raised during last week's show?
Now that we know the real first names of Mr. Positive (Greg) and Cowboy (Brad), will Ron start referring to the Big Three callers (Kurt, Mr. Positive, Cowboy) as the KGB?

Um, wait a minute, oops, maybe that wouldn't be a good thing right now... :oops:

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:40 am

Bobbert wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:11 am
Now that we know the real first names of Mr. Positive (Greg) and Cowboy (Brad), will Ron start referring to the Big Three callers (Kurt, Mr. Positive, Cowboy) as the KGB?

Um, wait a minute, oops, maybe that wouldn't be a good thing right now... :oops:
This assumes a couple of things decidedly not in evidence:

(i) a degree of (any) creativity on Ron's part; and
(ii) that Ron knows of the KGB.

Majik

Post by Majik » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:06 am

Momo wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:40 am
Bobbert wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:11 am

This assumes a couple of things decidedly not in evidence:

(i) a degree of (any) creativity on Ron's part; and
(ii) that Ron knows of the KGB.
In Russia KGB knows of you

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:32 am

Wonder if Roger Faulkner knows yet that he will be appearing on Ron Cameron's show in the next few weeks?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic