Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ambassador Bridge backup

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
paul8539

Ambassador Bridge backup

Post by paul8539 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:58 pm

Why don't they just use the Ferry? I know some icebreaking will be needed, but as this is disrupting the National economy, the Coast Guard might be able to do something about clearing a path.

Why don't they get the Badger from Ludington? Put 20 trucks on at a time, 10 minute sailing, and get them off. Put some trucks on going back the other way.

km1125

Re: Ambassador Bridge backup

Post by km1125 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:51 pm

By the time the Badger gets over here this thing will be over. Not sure if there's an appropriate dock for the Badger either.

However, moving those trucks by boat will be WAY, slower than the bridge. They might be better to load them on some trains and use either of the tunnels at Detroit or Port Huron.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:39 pm

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:03 am

dial-it-in wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:39 pm
If they want to be in the way fine, Canada has a military and it’s police surely have battering rams. A truck is no match for a tank. Blow them right out of the border crossing area. The protesters will run like cowards.

Thinking Canada won’t do anything about this just keeps the folks camped out there. A few mortars will fix that in a hurry.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:50 am

dial-it-in wrote:
Ah here, we go with a fresh account.

You do realize those numb nut truckers are most likely the reason he got sick? Or are you one of these psychos who doesn't care about the 900K dead?
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

ProducerXM

Post by ProducerXM » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:05 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:03 am
dial-it-in wrote:
If they want to be in the way fine, Canada has a military and it’s police surely have battering rams. A truck is no match for a tank. Blow them right out of the border crossing area. The protesters will run like cowards.

Thinking Canada won’t do anything about this just keeps the folks camped out there. A few mortars will fix that in a hurry.

You’re ignorant. You, and the majority of people who think like you, have zero intellect and lack any capacity for logical reasoning, empathy or understanding. The fact of the matter is the overwhelming majority of people on the planet disapprove of vaccine mandates — for a virus that is 99% survivable. Don’t put your false media, left leaning, progressive, Marxist, fascist, bullshit on the rest of us. You think people should be strung up because they won’t get the shot? You’re sick.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:13 am

ProducerXM wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:05 am
Rate This wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:03 am
dial-it-in wrote:

You’re ignorant. You, and the majority of people who think like you, have zero intellect and lack any capacity for logical reasoning, empathy or understanding. The fact of the matter is the overwhelming majority of people on the planet disapprove of vaccine mandates — for a virus that is 99% survivable. Don’t put your false media, left leaning, progressive, Marxist, fascist, bullshit on the rest of us. You think people should be strung up because they won’t get the shot? You’re sick.
lol calm down

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:18 am

Honk Honk

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:22 am

People who think the vaccine is "poison" are also ignorant.

I feel bad for the truckers who are devoted to good customer service who are being held hostage by the attention whore protestors.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:28 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:22 am

I feel bad for the truckers who are devoted to good customer service who are being held hostage by the attention whore protestors.
Does anybody think what I wrote is realistic? And not just because these are Canadians we are talking about…

The latter point is what gets me upset about this or any other protest of this type… there are lots of people who simply want to be left alone caught up in the middle… that’s wrong. It has nothing to do with the point of their protest. My answer to the Black Lives Matter people walking down the freeway is to mow them down. Hardly a “left-wing media, progressive, fascist, communist, Marxist, vegetarian” (which end of the spectrum do they want me on?!?) affair. But for me when you disrupt innocent peoples lives because YOUR cause is that important you have just told me you aren’t worth listening to and since being asked nicely to move won’t work a little muscle is in order. If my buddy up thread can’t take a little hyperbole and snark he needs to get out of the kitchen.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:03 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:28 am
MWmetalhead wrote:

Does anybody think what I wrote is realistic? And not just because these are Canadians we are talking about…

The latter point is what gets me upset about this or any other protest of this type… there are lots of people who simply want to be left alone caught up in the middle… that’s wrong. It has nothing to do with the point of their protest. My answer to the Black Lives Matter people walking down the freeway is to mow them down. Hardly a “left-wing media, progressive, fascist, communist, Marxist, vegetarian” (which end of the spectrum do they want me on?!?) affair. But for me when you disrupt innocent peoples lives because YOUR cause is that important you have just told me you aren’t worth listening to and since being asked nicely to move won’t work a little muscle is in order. If my buddy up thread can’t take a little hyperbole and snark he needs to get out of the kitchen.
I wouldn't worry too much about people like that. They have posts like that saved to just copy and paste it for anything. People like that put that kind of response down for asking what's better, Coke or Pepsi.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:19 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:03 am
Rate This wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:28 am
MWmetalhead wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about people like that. They have posts like that saved to just copy and paste it for anything. People like that put that kind of response down for asking what's better, Coke or Pepsi.
A good point. Imagine which saved post would have been used if I was dead serious… :eek

SixPlusOne

Post by SixPlusOne » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:02 am

paul8539 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:58 pm
Why don't they just use the Ferry?
I heard on the radio that some shipments are now crossing by air. Flights from Windsor airport for example to Willow Run would provide an avenue. On the larger issue I chose to get both shots plus the booster. I don't believe mandates are the answer. It is ultimately your choice what you do. That pig in Lansing wants to use "heavy equipment" to move the trucks. I doubt if it has dawned on her that won't solve the larger issue. That corpse in the White House stated several times that he would never issue mandates. Well I guess his credibility is long gone. Our military has always fought for the freedom of America and Americans. Mandates once removed will clear up many of these issues. Unfortunately because that would be easy and make sense it won't happen.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:39 am

Not to worry, Juliette Kayyem, a Harvard educated, former Obama slappy has it all figured out...

"Slash the tires, empty gas tanks, arrest the drivers, and move the trucks" ✔️

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Good luck with that plan, lady.
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic