Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

question about Salem Media Group/Audacy in Detroit

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
80sTalkRadioFan

question about Salem Media Group/Audacy in Detroit

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:40 am

Is Audacy purchasing Detroit's "Salem Media Group" stations? I recently heard a top of hour id for WDTK-AM 1400 / FM 101.5 in Detroit. It ended with "A service of Salem Media Group, an Audacy station." I know Salem uses Audacy as their primary streaming partner, but was surprised to hear a Salem station refer to themselves as "an Audacy station."

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: question about Salem Media Group/Audacy in Detroit

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:41 am

It's unlikely. I suspect Salem is giving shout outs to the "Audacy" brand as part of its digital audio distribution agreement with Audacy.

Something similar has been going on in Canada for years as a result of a partnership between Bell Media and iHeartRadio.
On January 6, 2016, iHeartMedia announced that Bell Media would enter into a licensing deal to launch a Canadian version of its radio streaming service iHeartRadio. Bell will handle Canadian licensing, marketing, and distribution of the service, contribute its content to the venture, and also gain rights to produce iHeartRadio-branded events. The service launched in October 2016.[5]

Since then, Bell has downplayed the branding "Bell Media Radio" in reference to its stations, and has referred to the collective platform, including the terrestrial stations, online outlets (which were all consolidated under iHeartRadio.ca) and podcasts from Bell Media properties that are distributed under the platform, under the name iHeartRadio Canada. The MuchMusic Video Awards were also re-branded as the iHeartRadio MMVAs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_Media_Radio
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:10 pm

Thanks, MW. Your explanation and example makes sense to me.

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:47 pm

Salem has a pretty good thing going and this partnership with Audacy is really the icing on the cake.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic