Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Oxford High School shooting

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Oxford High School shooting

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:09 pm

Just a horrific incident far too close to home...

In friggin' OXFORD of all places.

I feel terrible for the victims' families.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:04 pm

And this will happen again, kids back at school, grudges are also back at school, right now, some where in the USA, there is a kid (most likely a young boy), brooding, mad at the world, hates his schoolmates and knows how to access a gun...it's gonna happen again, sadly...

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:12 pm

Reagan4prez wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:50 pm
I've just unfriended about a dozen people on Facebook. Why? Because of their zeal to jump to politicizing this horrific tragedy.

"This is Biden's America now."

"Another reason to pull your kids out of public schools."

"All teachers should be armed."

"But I thought schools were gun-free zones."

There's no good reason for any of these comments now. Sure, I'm all for debating policy, but people lost their kids today. Others are at hospitals hoping to stay alive. Let's pull together rather than apart.
Well said...

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:45 pm

I find myself ONCE AGAIN having to explain this shit to my 9 year old and 4 year old. Unreal. You get tired of hearing these stories, but it hurts worse when kids lose their lives.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:03 pm

Reagan4prez wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:50 pm
Bravo for Gov. Whitmer’s fast and appropriate response. She spoke as a mother, not a politician, and did not politicize this tragedy. Well done.
Not a fan of her, but yea, she genuinely was shaken by this tragedy, she spoke as a mother, not a politician....I have empathy for her.

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:04 pm

When I was in high school, we had fire drills and tornado drills. I wouldn't have ever imagined that active shooter drills would be something schoolchildren would have to worry about, that even kindergarteners wouldn't be safe, that people wouldn't even be safe in their own houses of worship. Now I'm in my early 40s and although I don't have kids, I have a niece who'll be starting high school next fall and a nephew just a year behind her. I'm beyond scared for them, especially since today's events hit so close to home and underscored that it really can happen anywhere.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:51 am

So very sad my heart and prayer to Oxford High School getting tired of school & mass shootings, sadly this will not be the last time.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:55 am

Family of shooter has already lawyered up. Wonder if the lawyer is high profile. Not that they don’t have the right to an attorney. Just seems awfully sudden. If this was a surprise, it seems like it would have taken them a while. Maybe the family knew the killer was a bad seed? Maybe a lot of priors. Horrible.

Seems like the kids on the one video knew who it was and they bolted out the window.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:21 am

I completely agree that Governor Whitmer gave an appropriate and heartfelt message yesterday.

There are certainly plenty of unanswered questions. A neighbor informed WXYZ last night that the police had been to the home of the perp's family at least twice in recent weeks. (I do not know if Oxford village has its own police department or if it was the sheriff's department who visited.)

And yes, multiple students or a parent informed reporters on the scene that there had been rumors of a threat on social media very recently and that yesterday was going to be "the day" for violence. A few students even reportedly stayed home because of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:11 am

That's interesting MW. Yes Oxford has a police department.

To those that stayed home, I say that was very wise, I have to wonder if some parents pushed back and made their children go to school.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:34 am

Good question.

Was impressed by WXYZ's coverage last evening. They were the only TV station I saw report live from outside of the perp's home and speak to the family's neighbors. (Perhaps other stations did as well at some point.)

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:37 am

Mike Bouchard said the gun was purchased legally a short time ago by a family member of the house.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

rushbuzz1013

Post by rushbuzz1013 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:20 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:37 am
Mike Bouchard said the gun was purchased legally a short time ago by a family member of the house.
I am not a gun rights advocate. But, this incident and so many others are more "mental health" driven. Guns are here to stay. It is society and its approach to mental health that will need to adjust.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:35 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:21 am
... There are certainly plenty of unanswered questions. A neighbor informed WXYZ last night that the police had been to the home of the perp's family at least twice in recent weeks. (I do not know if Oxford village has its own police department or if it was the sheriff's department who visited.). ...
Bouchard stated last night that his department had no interactions with the suspect and no knowledge of any history with the suspect. The Oxford Police might have, but did they share any info with the Sheriff's Dept?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:38 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:37 am
Did he say the gun or a gun? I heard a 9mm pistol was purchased by the father appx 4 days ago.

Some guest on Fox2 described the gun as "a high-powered 9mm weapon".

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic