Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WJBK’s issue at 4 pm

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 7620

WJBK’s issue at 4 pm

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:18 pm

As we all know, they are airing Judge Judy reruns at the 4 pm time slot for the time being. However, with its two main competitors having 4 pm newscasts, do you think it’s time for Fox Television Stations to relaunch a 4 pm newscast here in Detroit, just as they’ve done with WJBK‘a sister stations in Atlanta and DC? With Fox seemingly having its O&O stations focus more on news, that seems to be the most logical choice.

Thoughts??

SoutheastMIViewer

Re: WJBK’s issue at 4 pm

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:49 pm

No. Its all repeated stuff from morning and afternoon.

WJBk should do something outside the box and would attract younger viewers like Esports segments or Stock watch on crypto.

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:51 am

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:49 pm
WJBk should do something outside the box and would attract younger viewers like Esports segments or Stock watch on crypto.
A better question is this:
Are there younger viewers?
Seems to me folks interested in Esports or Stock Watch or whatever it is you are talking about, are not going to turn to the Boob Tube to watch that sort of thing,

An even better question:

Should Fox2 forgo newscasts altogether during the early evening hours? Like I've said before, they have been dead last in every ratings posting I've seen here since I joined the board.
I wonder if nothing but syndicated stuff between 4pm to 7pm could bring up their viewership.

I've always have felt there is a sizable chunk of viewers that just don't care to get their news off a Telly, no matter what channel it is.
Maybe those same people could get snagged with things other than news, weather and sports. The sort of thing they do turn to their device to find out about.
Sports is a good example. How many don't really care about a game between two out of market teams? Would a half hour just local sports show every night be watched.
Like I said, younger viewers use their devices for the news, weather and sports they are interested in. And scroll past the stuff younger viewers don't care about.
What percentage of our local newscasts, regardless or channel, fall under the category of stuff younger viewers don't care about?

Would TMZ/Inside Edition/Game Show/Talk type stuff, instead of the news, bring up Fox2's early evening ratings?

Herm

Post by Herm » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:55 pm

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:49 pm
No. Its all repeated stuff from morning and afternoon.

I can’t speak for 4, but 7’s 4pm show is most definitely not repeated stuff from the morning and afternoon.

Luke

Post by Luke » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:01 pm

I think the key for the 4:00 newscasts is that stations do not have to pay expensive syndication fees and can keep all the ad revenue. It would take some hella ratings to make up that difference.

Detroiter0711

Post by Detroiter0711 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:32 pm

I can say that I am a frequent viewer of Local 4's 4pm newscast. I really liked it when Ben Bailey was on there but I would say I am a fan of Karen Drew. It'd be interesting to see if Fox 2 did a 4pm newscast but I would want it to be local and not syndicated like WXYZ's with little mini segments of local thrown in there.

Deleted User 15688

Post by Deleted User 15688 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:23 am

Fox 2 should consider giving Taryn Asher her own show at 4pm and call the show "Fox 2 Now with Taryn Asher" or "Live at 4 with Taryn" that is one beautiful lady.

SixPlusOne

Post by SixPlusOne » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:07 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:18 pm
do you think it’s time for Fox Television Stations to relaunch a 4 pm newscast here in Detroit
How long before you'll request a 3 PM Midday newscast?

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:06 pm

If corporate decrees it, it will happen, if not they won't voluntarily do it. It would require at least 4 new bodies in the newsroom and some reworked contracts. I really don't think there are enough news consumers to support 3 news shows at 4pm in this market.

Deleted User 15688

Post by Deleted User 15688 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:09 pm

Fox 2 could always air an hour long block of Seinfeld reruns between 4 and 5. Better yet, just replace Judge Judy with a different Judge show or air reruns of “Bull” with Michael Weatherly.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:55 am

Night Court at 4, 227 at 4:30. Done.

I'm going on break.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 15688

Post by Deleted User 15688 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:23 pm

Question to CircleWXYZ, why is this even an issue?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic