Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Xfinity is offering Peacock Premium for free to certain subscribers

A place to discuss broadband, streaming video, cable, and satellite services (not programming). Bitch about your crappy cable, satellite or streaming video provider here! This is also the place to talk about channel line-ups, packages, and special offers.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Xfinity is offering Peacock Premium for free to certain subscribers

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:01 pm

It's a bit of a pain in the ass to activate, but if you are a longtime Xfinity cable subscriber and have "platinum" or "diamond" rewards status, you can redeem a free Peacock Premium subscription as a reward (normally $5.99 a month).

Gold status and below are ineligible. (I only had gold status when Michigan's football game aired on Peacock back in September.)

https://customer.xfinity.com/rewards

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Graham Wellington

Re: Xfinity is offering Peacock Premium for free to certain subscribers

Post by Graham Wellington » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:47 pm

Cable providers are starting to negotiate access to streaming services for their subscribers in lieu of the countless throw away cable networks that air shows on loop. A lot of these channels are on borrowed time.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:19 pm

It really is a wasteland. It seemed like there was more to watch when there was only 40 or 50 channels. Who knew MORE choice would be a bad thing?
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:03 am

Until recently, Xfinity subscribers had Peacock Premium (which Comcast owns) available at no extra charge. I didn't then (or now) find any of its content compelling enough to view when it was free, and then zero desire to pay for it. Also, the Peacock app on the Xfinity X1 box was (might still be) awful. Took a few minutes just to load, and the user interface did not respond well at all using the X1 remote. I might be eligible for this "rewards" offer, but don't think I'll bite.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:10 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:19 pm
It really is a wasteland. It seemed like there was more to watch when there was only 40 or 50 channels. Who knew MORE choice would be a bad thing?
I agree. Programming was so much easier to access and navigate on cable in the pre-digital era.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic