Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

SiriusXM

A place to discuss broadband, streaming video, cable, and satellite services (not programming). Bitch about your crappy cable, satellite or streaming video provider here! This is also the place to talk about channel line-ups, packages, and special offers.
Taco

SiriusXM

Post by Taco » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:54 pm

So I've been enjoying SXM online streaming, via iPhone and iPad. It's much easier subscribing through the App store or Google Play store since payments are handled by them and not SXM directly. Thankfully I have unlimited data via AT&T and just hook my phone up in the car with a cable. Not ideal but it beats dealing with SXM directly. They are incredibly difficult to cancel with. Constantly badgering you with offers of deals to keep you (some actually do this for a better price) but they don't make it easy for you to leave if you wanted to leave so that is preventing me from signing up for in-car service.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Turkeytop

Re: SiriusXM

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:53 pm

I've been a subscriber since 2005. I've only tried to quit once. They offered me six months free if I stayed. So I did

I have two subscriptions. One in the car and another for a portable I use in the house. Once I dropped the portable and broke it. I called and said I wanted to cancel that subscription. They sent me a free new receiver just to keep me on.

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

Deleted User 15905

Post by Deleted User 15905 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:09 am

SiriusXM a waste of money from the first day of broadcasting.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:46 am

ultrakilocycle wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:09 am
It all depends where you live. Here, I listen to SXM almost exclusively. The only OTA signal that ie worthwhile is CBC Radio I.

If I lived in a large market area like Toronto or Montreal, I wouldn't need satellite radio. When we're wintering in the Tampa Bay area, I never use SXM.

I use it on the drive to Florida. Driving through the south radio is all political rants, cowboy music religion and NASCAR.

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

Deleted User 15905

Post by Deleted User 15905 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:50 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:46 am
ultrakilocycle wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:09 am
It all depends where you live. Here, I listen to SXM almost exclusively. The only OTA signal that ie worthwhile is CBC Radio I.

If I lived in a large market area like Toronto or Montreal, I wouldn't need satellite radio. When we're wintering in the Tampa Bay area, I never use SXM.

I use it on the drive to Florida. Driving through the south radio is all political rants, cowboy music religion and NASCAR.
I personally don’t pay anything to listen to internet radio on my smartphone. I listen to thousands of stations from radio apps like GotRadio, 113.fm, IHeart Radio just to name a few. I just connect the Bluetooth in the car and it’s like magic thousands of radio stations. My favorite stations are 70’s and 80’s music stations. I’m 67 years old and like most that age on a fixed budget. I can’t afford a luxury such as Satellite radio. My smartphone bill is only $25. a month and my data is free with no limits. You must have a lot of money to afford that luxury but you’re probably a doctor or lawyer. Anyway enjoy 😊.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:44 pm

ultrakilocycle wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:50 pm

I personally don’t pay anything to listen to internet radio on my smartphone. I listen to thousands of stations from radio apps like GotRadio, 113.fm, IHeart Radio just to name a few. I just connect the Bluetooth in the car and it’s like magic thousands of radio stations. My favorite stations are 70’s and 80’s music stations. I’m 67 years old and like most that age on a fixed budget. I can’t afford a luxury such as Satellite radio. My smartphone bill is only $25. a month and my data is free with no limits. You must have a lot of money to afford that luxury but you’re probably a doctor or lawyer. Anyway enjoy 😊.
I'm neither a Doctor nor a Lawyer. I'm just a retired member of the working class, whose telephone is on the kitchen wall and doesn't do streaming.

Deleted User 15905

Post by Deleted User 15905 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:55 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:44 pm
ultrakilocycle wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:50 pm

I'm neither a Doctor nor a Lawyer. I'm just a retired member of the working class, whose telephone is on the kitchen wall and doesn't do streaming.
Sure, Dr. Tom Turkeytop or is it Esquire Tom Turkeytop Attorney at Law as you drive your BMW 🚘 around town listening to Frank Sinatra on Sirius XM. We’ve got your number.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:19 am

SiriusXM going FREE starting November 23 till December 5 on some stations.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:01 am

I signed up for NETFlix, but there are few things there that I want to see.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:09 pm

ultrakilocycle wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:55 am

Sure, Dr. Tom Turkeytop or is it Esquire Tom Turkeytop Attorney at Law as you drive your BMW 🚘 around town listening to Frank Sinatra on Sirius XM. We’ve got your number.
No BMW. I only buy vehicles built in North America, by Union workers

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:38 am

I would love to get Sirius XM online again. When they changed my On star module out at the repair shop, they fucked up my Sirius XM module. I am still pissed about it.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Taco

Post by Taco » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:40 pm

The streaming sub is pretty decent. Plus it has channels you can't get on the satellite version.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:05 am

I just listen to the traffic and weather when I am in the car. Does SiriuxSM have a traffic and weather station for mid Michigan?

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:51 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:05 am
I just listen to the traffic and weather when I am in the car. Does SiriuxSM have a traffic and weather station for mid Michigan?
No.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Wed May 31, 2023 1:07 am

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic