Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hulu or Netflix?

A place to discuss broadband, streaming video, cable, and satellite services (not programming). Bitch about your crappy cable, satellite or streaming video provider here! This is also the place to talk about channel line-ups, packages, and special offers.
craig11152

Re: Hulu or Netflix?

Post by craig11152 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:23 pm

I agree with Lester on the Amazon/Netflix differences.
For me Amazon is as much about buying goods and shipping them to my house. I was a member or 4-5 years before I bothered to stream anything.
One significant difference is if you see it on Netflix its included in your monthly fee.
Not so with Amazon where a lot of content is available at additional cost. That can either annoy the crap out of you or perhaps delight you if you are willing to buy content over and above the monthly/yearly fee.
In our case over the years I would say without a doubt we watch more stuff on Netflix but not by a H*** amount.

I'm still playing around with Hulu. One thing maybe some Hulu expert can answer.....how come newer episodes of Vikings from the History channel aren't available? I thought one of Hulu's appeals was new shows appear a couple days after they air on their home channel.

I no longer directly engage trolls

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:00 pm

You guys are absolutely right. Amazon Prime likes to up-charge. Your excellent & informative posts reminded me of that little fact. That does annoy the crap out of me. :)

But, I didn't purchase prime for the video service. I purchased it for the 2-day delivery perks.

So, I'm keeping prime and also decided to keep Netflix.

Instead, what I chose to do was negotiate a discount on my cable package with Comcast. More on that in a new thread I'm about to create. :)

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:48 pm

I'm a science freak. I guess from the engineer in me, and I love nature shows. I can watch "How It's Made" or "Planet Earth" all day long. I'd love to find one that offers Science channel, BBC Earth, Nat'l Geo Wild and Smithsonian Channel (I love "Ariel America" and "Ariel Africa"). I also want to check out Curiosity Stream.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:36 pm

Is Curiosity Stream from the same people as the Curiosity app? If so, I love it.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:51 am

I've had Amazon Prime for years. I used the video streaming a lot in the past but not so much anymore. I feel if you paid your membership that you should be able to watch anything they offer but that is not the case. Some movies/TV shows you have to pay to watch. With Netflix you can watch ANY of their offerings for the price of the membership.

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:03 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:36 pm
Is Curiosity Stream from the same people as the Curiosity app? If so, I love it.
I'm not sure... I've never heard of the Curiosity app... what is it?

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:07 pm

I've considered signing up to Netflix for the new David Attenborough "Our Planet" series coming up. Beyond that, I don't know that I would really have much use for it. Of course, I'm sure I can find the series uploaded on USENET at some point. But I have two years to get something to replace DirecTV when the contract expires, and I can assure you I will not be going back to Comcrap.

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:16 pm

Netflix is good if you like the original programming they have (Stranger Things, Black Mirror, etc.), and if you're a fan of blowing through The Office or Friends every few months (for now).

Hulu I think has the edge IMO, since they have a better variety of licensed shows and originals compared to Netflix.

I'm honestly intrigued by the bundle Disney will be offering soon that has their upcoming Disney+ service bundled with ESPN+ and Hulu, especially with all three bundled for $12.99 a month. (The brass at Netflix have to be shitting their pants over that one.)

take this job and shove it

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic