Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

ROKU device on Samsung TV

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, mobile phones & mobile plans, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
fairbankshockeypuck

ROKU device on Samsung TV

Post by fairbankshockeypuck » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:26 pm

I have Direct TV streaming with ROKU device on my 55 inch Samsung....Over the air i get the hundreds of TV channels, BUT cant seem to access my locals with the ROKU remote..I can get the locals using the Samsung Tv remote, but am hoping to be able to use just the ROKU remote...any suggestions????

Round Six

Re: ROKU device on Samsung TV

Post by Round Six » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:15 am

fairbankshockeypuck wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:26 pm
I have Direct TV streaming with ROKU device on my 55 inch Samsung....Over the air i get the hundreds of TV channels, BUT cant seem to access my locals with the ROKU remote..I can get the locals using the Samsung Tv remote, but am hoping to be able to use just the ROKU remote...any suggestions????
Ruku is a streaming service. I don't believe any of our OTA stations run live on the Internet.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:55 am

If your Samsung has roku built in, you should only have 1 remote. If it's a stand alone roku box, then you use Hulu TV ( I don't know how Direct TV streaming works) or you must flip the tv over to the antenna input and watch that way.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 16173

Post by Deleted User 16173 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:56 pm

Round Six wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:15 am
Ruku is a streaming service. I don't believe any of our OTA stations run live on the Internet.
2,4, and 7 stream only news content on Roku. You’re correct about over the air, no actual broadcast content.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:52 pm

Are you trying to access OTA content via antenna or are you trying to to access those channels via the Direct TV stream?
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

fairbankshockeypuck

Post by fairbankshockeypuck » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:07 pm

I have a ROKU/Phillips that does it all....Stream and over the air app/live tv with antenna...
The Samsung has a ROKU device I have added..it shows stream and over the air live app...but the over the air live app only shows streaming and not locals with antenna hooked up.... I have to use Samsung remote to get the locals...wanting to see if the ROKU could do that and use just oe remote...maybe not possible? may need two remotes????

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:36 pm

Sounds like a software communication issue between the Samsung and your plugged in Roku device. There is probably no fix, unless you can scan for local channels directly from the Roku (you may want to press the asterisk key on your remote when the "Live TV" tile is highlighted).
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

fairbankshockeypuck

Post by fairbankshockeypuck » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:49 pm

thanks...just have to deal with two remotes...not end of world......

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic