Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

So. Now I'm Puzzled

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, mobile phones & mobile plans, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
Turkeytop

So. Now I'm Puzzled

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:36 pm

Last fall, when we were still at home, I did something I said I would never do. I ordered something online. Not from Amazon, just a small retailer out of Chicago. Because of the high cost of shipping to Canada, I asked them to send it to our neighbour here in Florida, They sent it in his name to his address. I got it from him after we arrived here.

Today I ordered an item online, (a part for my wife's e bike). I ordered it directly from the factory in California. The Company is totally unrelated to the one I ordered from a few months ago. I instructed them to send it to me at our address here in FL.

After I had completed the transaction, they sent me an email confirming my order. But they said they would send it to that same neighbour at his address.

How can that happen? How would they even have any information about my neighbour?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Re: So. Now I'm Puzzled

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:47 pm

Your computer or credit card has his address saved in the autofill feature. Many online shopping carts use the same protocol so previous addresses are stored for future purchases. Usually this is a benefit.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:19 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:47 pm
Your computer or credit card has his address saved in the autofill feature. Many online shopping carts use the same protocol so previous addresses are stored for future purchases. Usually this is a benefit.
Is there a way I can clear that?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:53 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:19 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Is there a way I can clear that?
Which browser do you use? Usually you go to settings and can "clear browsing data". Selecting "Autofill" and or "cache" should take care of it.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:28 am

TC Talks wrote:
Your computer or credit card has his address saved in the autofill feature ...
No.
It's Amazon looking at the last place they shipped to. Nothing to do with the browser or the computer or charge card or company it's being bought from. A simple fix. At checkout, change the address.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:31 am

Round Six wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:28 am
TC Talks wrote:
No.
It's Amazon looking at the last place they shipped to. Nothing to do with the browser or the computer or charge card or company it's being bought from. A simple fix. At checkout, change the address.
He has been clear he is not using Amazon.
I ordered it directly from the factory in California. The Company is totally unrelated to the one I ordered from a few months ago. I instructed them to send it to me at our address here in FL.
― Noam Chomsky

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:47 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:31 am
Round Six wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:28 am
TC Talks wrote:
No.
He has been clear he is not using Amazon.
I ordered it directly from the factory in California. The Company is totally unrelated to the one I ordered from a few months ago. I instructed them to send it to me at our address here in FL.
Okay sorry wasn't paying attention.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic