Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

MP3

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, mobile phones & mobile plans, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
kager

Re: MP3

Post by kager » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:40 am

km1125 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:58 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:32 pm
Solved.

Had I thought it through I'd have realized I already had the solution at hand. This Grundig G2 radio that I've had for over 10 years but had forgotten about. Has a record function and has a Line In jack. You can record the music and save it as either MP3 or a WAV file..

The recording is stored on a micro SD card which can then be removed and inserted into any other device.
Seems like that would do the job but at the largest cost in quality. You're making an analog connection between the two devices and then re-digitizing, using consumer-grade equipment.
Yikes! Whatever works, regardless of our logic, I guess.

Since the original question was without equipment parameters, our fault trying to help without qualifying questions being posed and answered first.

The "Looks awfully complicated" argument against other better, faster, easier options using a computer proposed meant little vs. the home-brewed solution reveal here.

A retiree who has lots of time on their hands to architect a curmudgeon solution (I'll bring a clock sted of wearing a watch) in their spare time still brings out the good in other posters wanting using their time to supply solutions or help, whether the OP actually wants it or not.... :razz

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:12 am

I'm a hardware rather than a software kind of guy.

Besides, my old ears are no longer that discriminating. Through hearing aids, everything sounds like a tin radio.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

bugzapper

Post by bugzapper » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:55 pm

tc

Post by tc » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:59 am

Plate Cap wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:29 pm

I understand that to fit your persona here on the board you need to feign helplessness and technical ignorance…
No kidding, RTFM.

Deleted User 16093

Post by Deleted User 16093 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:04 pm

I went kicking and screaming but I love my MP3 players. I have 2 to divide genres of music. I consolidated a ton of CDs to a Flash drive as a backup to my MP3 players. Great in the car and my favorite, saving room in the house and less clutter, which I despise. Some complain about the sound, while my ears are still ok, after years of working blue collar jobs since out of High School, at times in loud environments its take a tool on my ears, which I guess makes my ears less apt to picking up some sounds. I Dunno, MP3 sounds alright as far as I'm concerned.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:58 am

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic