Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Advice Needed

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, mobile phones & mobile plans, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
Turkeytop

Advice Needed

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:02 pm

I don't watch TV. My wife does. For years, we've used satellite. She's unhappy with losing her signal when it' rains..

I went today to the local cable provider he offered a package similar to what she's getting now at a simikar price. He says they deliver TV via the Internat. Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

craig11152

Re: Advice Needed

Post by craig11152 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:21 pm

We pay Xfinity for the Internet but I pay Hulu for TV which they deliver to me through Xfinity Internet. It works OK. But since Hulu jacked their prices I may see what Xfinity wants to give me TV as well.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:45 pm

I use Start for both Internet and TV. One time I had to reset it, but it went back to normal after that. Other times I would have trouble selecting one channel, but the rest of them worked. Overall it works properly most of the time.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:41 pm

Marcus wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:45 pm
I use Start for both Internet and TV. One time I had to reset it, but it went back to normal after that. Other times I would have trouble selecting one channel, but the rest of them worked. Overall it works properly most of the time.
I just got off the phone with Bell. Getting a bundled package that includes TV, Internet, home telephone and mobile phone. I told her I'm working class and won't need the mobile phone but she says you have to take it as part of the bundle. Effectively it's free.

I'll just toss it into the drawer with the other cell phone I used before I retired.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:45 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:41 pm
Marcus wrote:
I just got off the phone with Bell. Getting a bundled package that includes TV, Internet, home telephone and mobile phone. I told her I'm working class and won't need the mobile phone but she says you have to take it as part of the bundle. Effectively it's free.

I'll just toss it into the drawer with the other cell phone I used before I retired.
Take that cell phone with you when you go to Hampton Inns and use it like 99% of the population does for a clock in a hotel room that doesn't include one. :rollin
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:40 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:45 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:41 pm
Marcus wrote:

Take that cell phone with you when you go to Hampton Inns and use it like 99% of the population does for a clock in a hotel room that doesn't include one. :rollin
Won't need it. I've already bought a proper clock to take with me. I can see the time at a glance without having to fish around in the dark for a cell phone to see the time.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:57 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:40 pm
teetoppz28 wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:45 am
Won't need it. I've already bought a proper clock to take with me. I can see the time at a glance without having to fish around in the dark for a cell phone to see the time.
I know. I was just giving you crap. :lol:
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic