Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Saw a record player on display at Wal Mart

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, mobile phones & mobile plans, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
bmw

Saw a record player on display at Wal Mart

Post by bmw » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:04 am

I had read recently that vinyl was making a comeback, but I was shocked yesterday to see a record player prominently on display in my local Wal Mart for sale.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Crosley-C6-B ... /646319039

ZenithCKLW

Re: Saw a record player on display at Wal Mart

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:16 am

I recently bought a brand new Sony turntable from Best Buy. I have been using vintage turntables for years, but they kept getting worn out and having issues I am not qualified to service. Hooked up to my vintage stereo system, my vinyl collection sounds fantastic on this new Sony turntable, and I use it pretty frequently.

For me, the vinyl comeback came years ago, but I realize I don't typically follow what's trendy. I am happy it seems to be gaining traction. I also use Spotify Premium regularly, so the cause of my vinyl usage is somewhere between novelty and sound quality. I'm 37 in case you're wondering.

BFSEsq

Post by BFSEsq » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:39 pm

Oh my God, I had no idea there was such thing as a Bluetooth turntable. That's a weird combo.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:48 pm

I still have my record player that I got for Christmas many years ago. Not a stereo, but it sounds better than some of the MP3s that I have heard.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic