Acceptable registrations in the queue through October 17 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

USB Microphone

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 3632
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

USB Microphone

Post by Bryce » Tue May 05, 2020 8:41 pm

So, I've decided to start doing various video projects with my desktop. Some will require voice-over. My pipes aren't what they were 30 years ago, but I work cheap.

This is the Mic I've decided I should buy.

The Blue Yeti

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002VA464S/?t ... AAAAAAAZyY

Anyone have comments good, bad or indifferent? Other suggestions I may want ot consider?

Thanks..


Are you certain Nancy didn't think the sign on the door said SALOON instead of Salon?

User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 3658
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: USB Microphone

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 05, 2020 8:44 pm

Blue yeti is certainly a popular one the way they package it. I went with a Rode USB mic because I have a Rode tube mic that is very good and I like the warmer sound it creates vs other USB options. In general I don't like USB mic performance but for the price they're not bad.


© 2020 TC Talks Global Inc. All Rights Reserved

User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 3632
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: USB Microphone

Post by Bryce » Tue May 05, 2020 8:53 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 8:44 pm
Blue yeti is certainly a popular one the way they package it. I went with a Rode USB mic because I have a Rode tube mic that is very good and I like the warmer sound it creates vs other USB options. In general I don't like USB mic performance but for the price they're not bad.
Did you go with the Rode NT or Podcaster? The company I have a account with has the NT for 170.00 which is in the same price range as the Yeti, but doesn't look like it comes with the extras.


Are you certain Nancy didn't think the sign on the door said SALOON instead of Salon?

User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 3658
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: USB Microphone

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 06, 2020 7:36 am

I have the NT, but I got it bundled with a stand and a few extras. I already had the stuff the kit comes with. Check out B&H Photo for a better price.

This is my main Mic paired with a Focusrite Analog to Digital processor.
https://www.amazon.com/Rode-NT1000-Card ... 164&sr=8-6


© 2020 TC Talks Global Inc. All Rights Reserved

User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 3632
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: USB Microphone

Post by Bryce » Wed May 06, 2020 8:04 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 7:36 am
I have the NT, but I got it bundled with a stand and a few extras. I already had the stuff the kit comes with. Check out B&H Photo for a better price.

This is my main Mic paired with a Focusrite Analog to Digital processor.
https://www.amazon.com/Rode-NT1000-Card ... 164&sr=8-6
Thanks!


Are you certain Nancy didn't think the sign on the door said SALOON instead of Salon?

User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 3658
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: USB Microphone

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 06, 2020 8:11 am

Bryce wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 8:04 am
TC Talks wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 7:36 am
I have the NT, but I got it bundled with a stand and a few extras. I already had the stuff the kit comes with. Check out B&H Photo for a better price.

This is my main Mic paired with a Focusrite Analog to Digital processor.
https://www.amazon.com/Rode-NT1000-Card ... 164&sr=8-6
Thanks!
I just spotted this, I would consider this instead of the USB NT...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... _with.html


© 2020 TC Talks Global Inc. All Rights Reserved

User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 5507
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: USB Microphone

Post by audiophile » Wed May 06, 2020 12:37 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 8:41 pm
So, I've decided to start doing various video projects with my desktop. Some will require voice-over. My pipes aren't what they were 30 years ago, but I work cheap.

This is the Mic I've decided I should buy.

The Blue Yeti

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002VA464S/?t ... AAAAAAAZyY

Anyone have comments good, bad or indifferent? Other suggestions I may want ot consider?

Thanks..
It's ok for more hobby stuff or an extreme budget Audio Techinca USB are a better choice.


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

***If Dem's want to pack the Supreme Court - Send Dem packing!***

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic