Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Retro Technology

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, mobile phones & mobile plans, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
Ed Joseph

Re: Retro Technology

Post by Ed Joseph » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:20 pm

Ahem... and, by far, my favorite retro tech is SHORTWAVE radios!

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:36 pm

Ed Joseph wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:20 pm
Ahem... and, by far, my favorite retro tech is SHORTWAVE radios!
Agreed. That's one of my favourite obsolete technologies too.

Another thing I'm starting to miss is pay phones. They're hard to find anymore. I don't have a cell phone.

I had a cell phone, but the day I retired I put it away in a drawer, where it remains to this day. When I was attending meetings out of town and expecting to be getting home late, I could call my wife and let her know.

Often I went to Mitchell, a small town in Western Ontario. Cell phones didn't work there. Too far from the network. So I had to use the pay phone. The only pay phone in the town was inside The Crown of Thorns, the town's bar.

So when I called my wife from there and she could hear that I was calling from inside a bar, I always had an explanation she had to believe.

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:52 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:21 pm
She has a complex spreadsheet listing the models she is considering, complete with option packages, preferred colir choices, MSRPs, etc. She's got six choices to test in the next few weeks: 2 from Honda, 2 from Toyota, 1 from Nissan and one from Subaru. All can be equipped with a CD player from the factory.
We're picking up the new vehicle Monday. 2019 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, replacing the 2007 version she's owned since new. Has the space and safety features she wants ... along with the CD player.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic