Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tablet Advice Needed

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, mobile phones & mobile plans, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
Turkeytop

Re: Tablet Advice Needed

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:19 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:28 pm
She needs it to have a decent camera. The one in her BlackBerry Playbook is excellent. It wants to have a nice, clear screen.

Other than that, about all she ever does is use google or maybe play a you tube video she finds for cooking or gardening etc.

She doesn't do e mail or social media. She doesn't shop online
Still haven't bought one yet. I found the I pad 9.7' 32 GB. Would it be adequate for her purposes?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:06 am

An iPad is probably overkill.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:31 pm

So, I bought the I pad. The BlackBerry was such a sweet device, I think she would have been disappointed in anything less than the I pad. Sure, it's overkill. She will probably only use a fraction of its capabilities. But as long as she's happy --.

Now, I have to find somewhere to hide it until Christmas time.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:58 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:31 pm
Now, I have to find somewhere to hide it until Christmas time.
If you bought this one recently, and it's a new unit, it probably has iOS 12.3.1 installed.
Between now and Christmas time, the all-new iPadOS will be released, so you'll be wanting to do the Operating System upgrade early on, once you've set up the user account and get familiar with the device.
Also consider a stand, maybe one that also offers a bluetooth keyboard built in.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:31 pm

SolarMax wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:58 pm

If you bought this one recently, and it's a new unit, it probably has iOS 12.3.1 installed.
Between now and Christmas time, the all-new iPadOS will be released, so you'll be wanting to do the Operating System upgrade early on, once you've set up the user account and get familiar with the device.
Also consider a stand, maybe one that also offers a bluetooth keyboard built in.
I bought one of those folio cases to protect it. She wouldn't use a keyboard. But this Operating system upgrade and setup user account business scares me. I have no idea what any of that means. I hope one of our sons will be here at Christmas, or I'll have a problem.

Maybe I should have waited and bought it later.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:53 pm

Doing that update or any others along the way isn't that big a deal, as long as you have decent net connectivity, since some of the downloads can be large. At the outset, you have to set up a user account no matter what, just follow the "Getting Started" step-by-steps.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic