Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fixing CD’s and DVD’s with Toothpaste and Bananas

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, mobile phones & mobile plans, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
Deleted User 14888

Fixing CD’s and DVD’s with Toothpaste and Bananas

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:14 pm

I see this on the internet all the time, That you can eliminate light scratches from CD’s and DVD’s by using toothpaste and or Bananas and the peels, So my question is has anyone tried this and does it actually work.
Just curious let me know.

Lester The Nightfly

Re: Fixing CD’s and DVD’s with Toothpaste and Bananas

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:13 pm

I've saved a few using toothpaste if the scratch isn't too pronounced. (At least enough to get it through a play to digitize it)
A dab of toothpaste, a little water to make it something of a slurry and rub it with your finger just in the area of the scratch.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:37 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:13 pm
I've saved a few using toothpaste if the scratch isn't too pronounced. (At least enough to get it through a play to digitize it)
A dab of toothpaste, a little water to make it something of a slurry and rub it with your finger just in the area of the scratch.
But are you creating more scratches in that rubbing process with something that is actually abrasive.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:28 pm

Lol. Every "trick" I have tried to fix a cd ends up actually making the disc worse.

Like those weird scratch removing creams.
It actually crrated small scratches all over the surface and make the disc unusable

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic