Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bluetooth speaker with FM radio.

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, mobile phones & mobile plans, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
Deleted User 15840

Bluetooth speaker with FM radio.

Post by Deleted User 15840 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:37 am

Just wondering if anyone has an idea about Bluetooth speakers that include an FM radio chip. The question is, since these speakers with the radio are manufactured in Asia is the FM frequency range already 76 MHz-108 MHz or even as low as 64 MHz on these devices. The FM frequency range is not listed on any of the Bluetooth with FM speakers that I have. Anyone have an idea?

Deleted User 15783

Re: Bluetooth speaker with FM radio.

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:54 am

Sorry Longwave. What are you asking here?
Recommendations of certain brands?
You've seen certain brands with the extended receive and are asking what others think of them?
Thanks.

One of my many "irons in the fire" is troubleshooting remote control locomotives and overhead cranes.
Most of them operate up in 450-470, at frequencies I can easily receive with a cheap handheld scanner.
Being able to listen to the transmitter is a great watershed troubleshooting tool.
Some of the remote locomotives are down on 72 MHz. Having an inexpensive receiver that can go that low would be nice.

Deleted User 15840

Re: Bluetooth speaker with FM radio.

Post by Deleted User 15840 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:11 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:54 am
Sorry Longwave. What are you asking here?
Recommendations of certain brands?
You've seen certain brands with the extended receive and are asking what others think of them?
Thanks.

One of my many "irons in the fire" is troubleshooting remote control locomotives and overhead cranes.
Most of them operate up in 450-470, at frequencies I can easily receive with a cheap handheld scanner.
Being able to listen to the transmitter is a great watershed troubleshooting tool.
Some of the remote locomotives are down on 72 MHz. Having an inexpensive receiver that can go that low would be nice.
I’m asking if anyone knows if these Bluetooth w/FM speakers are already including the expanded FM band since these devices are manufactured in Asian countries. I thought maybe someone would already have information on this. None of these devices include any specs on the FM band coverage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic