Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Enhancing LP sound on Crosley Multi-Function Players

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, mobile phones & mobile plans, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
Bobbert

Enhancing LP sound on Crosley Multi-Function Players

Post by Bobbert » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:13 pm

I have a Crosley CR2045B multi-function player that sounds good with radio, CDs, and cassettes, but the LP sound could be better. To improve the sound, what would be better:
  • Buy better speakers and attach them to the back of the player
  • Buy a turntable and attach it to the back of the player
Thanks for any advice.

TC Talks

Re: Enhancing LP sound on Crosley Multi-Function Players

Post by TC Talks » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:37 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:13 pm
I have a Crosley CR2045B multi-function player that sounds good with radio, CDs, and cassettes, but the LP sound could be better. To improve the sound, what would be better:
  • Buy better speakers and attach them to the back of the player
  • Buy a turntable and attach it to the back of the player
Thanks for any advice.
It's a $150 system, it will have limits. If you can, upgrade the stylus. I wouldn't invest too much.

My opinion? If you really want good sound, get a direct drive turntable with a diamond stylus.

https://www.google.com/search?q=record+ ... le-sh-serp

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

SolarMax

Re: Enhancing LP sound on Crosley Multi-Function Players

Post by SolarMax » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:30 pm

Critical links in the chain- stylus and cartridge, tonearm, platter, drive motor, preamp. Don’t skimp if you like your music and the vinyl that it’s on. On the back end, quality amp and speakers to deliver it all to the critical listener's ear.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic