Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Coronation

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
Sfpcp

Coronation

Post by Sfpcp » Fri May 05, 2023 7:15 pm

Is anyone out there planing to watch the Coronation? If I’m up I probably will. It’s something that hasn’t happened in 70 years so there that. I don’t a better reason than that.

Round Six

Re: Coronation

Post by Round Six » Sat May 06, 2023 4:55 am

Sfpcp wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 7:15 pm
Is anyone out there planing to watch the Coronation? If I’m up I probably will. It’s something that hasn’t happened in 70 years so there that. I don’t a better reason than that.
Watching the preshow on PBS now. Probably won't catch it all.

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat May 06, 2023 3:20 pm

I wish William would be coronated instead of his father.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat May 06, 2023 3:27 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 3:20 pm
I wish William would be coronated instead of his father.
He seems like a good fit for your kind.

https://www.newsweek.com/prince-william ... lt-1771472

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Sfpcp

Post by Sfpcp » Sat May 06, 2023 7:03 pm

I saw it this morning. It reminded me of those ornate Catholic masses
You see on EWTN, probably because of the choral music. The Previous two weddings were more enjoyable.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun May 07, 2023 9:44 am

Sfpcp wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 7:03 pm
I saw it this morning. It reminded me of those ornate Catholic masses
You see on EWTN, probably because of the choral music. The Previous two weddings were more enjoyable.
I enjoyed it. I watched it on a British news channel through YouTube (GBNews). There was an emotional depth and level of background knowledge that I'm sure wasn't there in the U.S. coverage. I did the same thing with Queen Elizabeth's funeral last year.

The music was incredible. The religious elements were more than I expected, but not heavy handed.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun May 07, 2023 10:33 am

Kind, TCT? That's a false implication, and reeks of trollism.

My town is almost 30% minority, my pastor is a minority, and my church is about 50% minority.

Many of friends and business associates are minority.

These are people I choose to associate with, so cut the BS, TCT.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Sun May 07, 2023 11:11 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 10:33 am
And you were expecting something else from the party in question? I recommend the ignore function; it works pretty well.

The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

Taco

Post by Taco » Sun May 07, 2023 1:43 pm

I only saw parts of it on YouTube. I may take the time and watch the whole thing.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun May 07, 2023 10:35 pm

Like most other Canadians I too have zero interest in the Monarchy or the Royal Family.
I watched none of it.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon May 08, 2023 5:12 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 10:35 pm
Like most other Canadians I too have zero interest in the Monarchy or the Royal Family.
I watched none of it.
They were more concerned about chlorination...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 08, 2023 6:25 pm

Plate Cap wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 11:11 am
audiophile wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 10:33 am
And you were expecting something else from the party in question? I recommend the ignore function; it works pretty well.
It's quite factual, if you follow his comments, he does voice his support the most racist posters (LL101) here in the board.

I often point out these ugly beliefs from professed Christians.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 09, 2023 6:35 am

Hogwash TCT. Here is me taking on LL101 and calling their posts a "walking contradiction":
audiophile wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:55 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:04 pm
audiophile wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:06 pm
Where could I find something close to real-time quality coverage of 5, 12, 25 during this tornado event on the internet? Plus WNEM's doppler was impressive!

I have some advanced weather tools and a ham radio, so I was on top of it but I still found the coverage helpful with this very fast moving storm.
Where could you find real-time quality coverage? Still looking for it.
You started this thread regarding too much real-time coverage of the tornadoes, now you imply that there wasn't any? You are a walking contradiction.

I think this is proves my point that LL101 was multi-user account. The posts were all over the map!

It is true I don't support DBR as some posters such as Bidet didn't really deserve to be put there and when all the posts from a DBR'd user are removed the thread no longer makes any sense! This is my biggest beef with DBR, it makes the threads a complete nonsensical mess.

I support a "Dungeon" for posters that cross the line, so they can only post in there going forward. It also tends prevent them from coming back under a new name, as they can still post in the Dungeon (if dare to go there).

I also don't like turning every thread into "vote them off the island" contest, as a good discussion usually turns into a mess.

Because my different beliefs on how to handle users that cross the line doesn't mean I support everything they say. TCT just wants to pigeonhole everyone and I contend that is bigoted and racist, they the same thing they claim to be against.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic