Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

TV shows everyone else likes but you don't

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
Deleted User 15502

TV shows everyone else likes but you don't

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Fri May 14, 2021 3:21 am

I wasn't sure where to put this but I got to thinking today, what are TV shows you don't like or can't stand, that everyone else thinks is so great?

For me:

1.Seinfeld- I've never liked this show, tried watching it and nope.. It gives me a headache and it grates on my nerves.

2.Friends- To me it's a bunch of self entitled little 20 something brats, I've just never gotten the appeal.

3. Family guy sort of- Ok, the first 3-4 seasons weren't too bad and even had some good moments. However, as time moved on, the show just got lame and the gross out humor was just too much. They really jumped the shark with Brian The Dog dying. It's time to cancel this show.

4.Reba- :x

5.The Simpsons- I stopped paying attention to this show, in the late 90s. I thought it was getting stale then.

I may think of more.
Last edited by Deleted User 15502 on Tue May 18, 2021 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

km1125

Re: TV shows everyone else likes but you

Post by km1125 » Fri May 14, 2021 6:54 am

Whoa... Sacriligeous to put the Simpsons on this kind of list!! :)

The Big Bang fits the list fine though, IMO.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri May 14, 2021 9:44 am

Loved Seinfeld, hated Friends.

Re Seinfeld, the first time I saw Kramer stumble through the door I was hooked! :lol If anyone gave me a headache it was George. :rolleyes

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri May 14, 2021 4:35 pm

I myself just can't understand why anyone likes judge shows. I don't get the popularity at all. The whole concept is lame to me.

And to a certain extent, that also applies to some of the reality shows. Bachelor. Bachelorette. Dateline. 20/20. Just don't interest me. However, I do enjoy Ninja Warrior.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon May 17, 2021 7:19 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:35 pm
I myself just can't understand why anyone likes judge shows. I don't get the popularity at all. The whole concept is lame to me.
People watch for the same reason they watch sports and game shows, or even Law & Order, to see who wins and who loses. :smokin

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon May 17, 2021 4:41 pm

Game of Thrones, and The Walking Dead.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Deleted User 15502

Re: TV shows everyone else likes but you can't stand

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Tue May 18, 2021 7:00 pm

Heathcliff wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:21 am
I wasn't sure where to put this but I got to thinking today, what are TV shows you don't like or can't stand, that everyone else thinks is so great?

For me:

1.Seinfeld- I've never liked this show, tried watching it and nope.. It gives me a headache and it grates on my nerves.

2.Friends- To me it's a bunch of self entitled little 20 something brats, I've just never gotten the appeal.

3. Family guy sort of- Ok, the first 3-4 seasons weren't too bad and even had some good moments. However, as time moved on, the show just got lame and the gross out humor was just too much. They really jumped the shark with Brian The Dog dying. It's time to cancel this show.

4.Reba- :x

5.The Simpsons- I stopped paying attention to this show, in the late 90s. I thought it was getting stale then.

I may think of more.

Deleted User 15502

Re: TV shows everyone else likes but you don't

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Tue May 18, 2021 7:03 pm

1.Who's line is it anyway. stupid

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:27 am

Heathcliff wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 7:03 pm
1.Who's line is it anyway. stupid
Oh I so agree.
I had to Google this guy's name, has Colin Mochrie ever been funny in anything?

Deleted User 15502

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Thu May 20, 2021 12:51 pm

Sons of Anarchy- I saw it once and didn't see what the big deal was.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Thu May 20, 2021 2:18 pm

Heathcliff, it's funny, I agreed 100% on your initial post, BUT, then you defamed "Who's Line Is It" - which to me is the only "laugh out loud show" on broadcast TV anymore, IMO. Wayne Brady's brain must test at genius level to be able to compose a song in his head as fast as he can.
It just goes to show everyone has very varied tastes, even when you're at the 90% level. And yes, Colin Mochrie was on the Dru Carey Show (Cleveland sitcom) at the end of its run, but he was mute the entire time, so no jokes, WTF!

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Thu May 20, 2021 4:27 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 7:27 am
...has Colin Mochrie ever been funny in anything?
Couple of years on "This Hour has 22 Minutes" on CBC as performer and writer.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Thu May 20, 2021 7:32 pm

WOHO wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 2:18 pm
Heathcliff, it's funny, I agreed 100% on your initial post, BUT, then you defamed "Who's Line Is It" - which to me is the only "laugh out loud show" on broadcast TV anymore, IMO. Wayne Brady's brain must test at genius level to be able to compose a song in his head as fast as he can.
It just goes to show everyone has very varied tastes, even when you're at the 90% level. And yes, Colin Mochrie was on the Dru Carey Show (Cleveland sitcom) at the end of its run, but he was mute the entire time, so no jokes, WTF!
Plus Wayne and his buddy Jonathan Mangum do a great job improvising on the revival of Let's Make A Deal. He's such a great replacement for the late Monty Hall.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat May 22, 2021 12:26 pm

The Office. I never understood the appeal of this show or why so many people thought it was funny.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat May 22, 2021 12:52 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 12:26 pm
The Office. I never understood the appeal of this show or why so many people thought it was funny.
I kinda sorta agree with you.
It became a big thing. T-shirts at the mall. Board games at the Walmart and Meijer. Many folks surely got into it.

And I know many who binge watched the show when it was on NetFlix. I don't see that at all.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic