Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ken Jennings as Jeopardy! Host

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
thatonedude

Re: Ken Jennings as Jeopardy! Host

Post by thatonedude » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:25 am

Have to agree. She’s really been great. Waiting on LeVar though; I think he’ll do a great job as well.

Also, I didn’t know Mayim had a doctorate in neuroscience. Found that out with a Google search. Kinda cool if you ask me. :hat

take this job and shove it

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:54 pm

Let me be the fourth to say how good Bialik has been. I think she's been the best so far...quick witted, professional, just great.

The censorship king from out of state.

thekman

Post by thekman » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:43 pm

Alas, it might not be looking good for our girl, Mayam Bialik, as she now holds the ranking of last place when it comes to the ratings of the various Jeopardy guest hosts.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/e ... -reaction/

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:52 pm

Wow. Not a big fan of hers and I don't watch The Big Bang at all, but even I would have ranked her MUCH higher in the list. I'd probably stick her 4 or 5 from the top.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:25 am

Looking at the ratings, seems they are just slowly tapering down. May not have much to do with the current host. Maybe folks are just getting bored with the revolving door. Wonder if Jeopardy (and Wheel) ratings dip every year as it gets warm out, and folks aren't home.

Myself, I only caught one day of Bialik. And I didn't watch any of Guthrie. Not that I dislike either one. I'm just ready for the producers to choose someone. Until then, I'll be outside.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:55 am

Guthrie is awful. She says, "You got it!" for every other correct answer. Can't stand her voice either. I think she has been the worst yet.

The censorship king from out of state.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:19 am

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:55 am
Guthrie is awful. She says, "You got it!" for every other correct answer. Can't stand her voice either. I think she has been the worst yet.
She's not annoying to me. I'd rank her somewhere near Bill, maybe just below, and he's just in the middle of the pack somewhere. Just OK, but not good enough to make me want to watch the show. I would put Mayam above both of them.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:04 am

I wouldn't deem Guthrie as awful or annoying, just meh. I agree with KM, about on a par with Whitaker as a (non)compelling host.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:42 pm

I think we're all getting Jeopardy! guest host fatigue. Guthrie did okay in her 2nd week, but middle of the pack with the other TV-casters from 60 Minutes. Didn't care much for the male doctors so far. Mayim I would rate above average along with Mike, both maybe better than Ken; but, waiting on LeVar to see if he's a good as we think he will be- by far he has the most pressure of any guest host outside of Ken's 6 weeks of shows as he would seem to be the natural choice?

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:58 am

I'm finding Sanjay Gupta to be a most capable and amicable host. He has that quality of keeping one's attention on the competitors and the competition, much like a good play-by-play announcer. Grading on a curve he's certainly above average.

I agree Guthrie improved in her second week, but that's as far as it goes.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:27 pm

thekman wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:43 pm
Alas, it might not be looking good for our girl, Mayam Bialik, as she now holds the ranking of last place when it comes to the ratings of the various Jeopardy guest hosts.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/e ... -reaction/
I watched her once, and she was too cutesy-clever for me.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:23 am

George Stephanopoulos was okay, but displayed little regard for the show's legacy of greatness - a game show host he is not.
Robin Roberts simply displayed a forced enthusiasm that I doubt I could handle for another week. Yeah, I know, at least she tried.

Next!

- Sydney J. Harris

thekman

Post by thekman » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:08 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:23 am
George Stephanopoulos was okay, but displayed little regard for the show's legacy of greatness - a game show host he is not.
Robin Roberts simply displayed a forced enthusiasm that I doubt I could handle for another week. Yeah, I know, at least she tried.

Next!
Next week is the main guy that the Twittersphere has been rooting for to get his shot, Reading Rainbow’s LeVar Burton.

thekman

Post by thekman » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:27 pm

thekman wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:08 pm
moldyoldie wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:23 am

Next!
Next week is the main guy that the Twittersphere has been rooting for to get his shot, Reading Rainbow’s LeVar Burton.
I thought LeVar was a little disappointing. He fumbled his words a bit. Seemed nervous. Maybe he will improve as the week continues.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:59 pm

thekman wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:27 pm
I thought LeVar was a little disappointing. He fumbled his words a bit. Seemed nervous. Maybe he will improve as the week continues.
I didn't see him in Star Trek and don't recall seeing him in anything else, so I had no expectations.... But I agree with you.

He also seemed quite surprised that folks got some of the answers correct, and that started to annoy me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic